[1.7.10] Let it End

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

LMoBtRiX

Jul 29, 2019
Hi jordstra it's me StAj i just lost my password of my previous account. So I have been a time unavailable to check the updates out by a lot of work for school (i am studying for teacher)
So if it possible would you pleas replace me to the private chat?

Greetings Stef

yusei1e

Jul 29, 2019
Just started the pack and the only map I have is the B1....

No R1 or R2 available...

Is 1.0.0 the latest version or is FTB Launcher playing tricks with me again?
B1 is the latest version
R2 was 1 of the latest versions but since the pack has been updated alot of time and its in BETA now the latest map is B1

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Just started the pack and the only map I have is the B1....

No R1 or R2 available...

Is 1.0.0 the latest version or is FTB Launcher playing tricks with me again?
R1 and R2 are older.

R was the code I used in Alpha for Release... Don't ask why, I am stupid sometimes :p
B is what I use for Beta. And 1.0.0 is Beta 1 (hence the map you have being B1)

And yes, v1.0.0 is the latest that is on the launcher. I have everything ready for v1.1.0 BUT HQM has derped so much in this update, that I don't really want to release it until I find a better fix, or that HQM updates)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
R1 and R2 are older.

R was the code I used in Alpha for Release... Don't ask why, I am stupid sometimes :p
B is what I use for Beta. And 1.0.0 is Beta 1 (hence the map you have being B1)

And yes, v1.0.0 is the latest that is on the launcher. I have everything ready for v1.1.0 BUT HQM has derped so much in this update, that I don't really want to release it until I find a better fix, or that HQM updates)
Like.... Updating MFR and since it changed the block names, HQM goes nuts and even after fixing the quests, it refuses to save?

I kinda was updating NEI, to fix a lag issue, and ended up updating all mods.... I will have to force the three quests with MFR, since now they dont have an item :p

And that takes me to the question, how do I get rubber to make the harvester? I managed to get some coagulated blood just to notice it only smelts into rubber on a redstone furnace but those... need Pneumatic Craft... And I am assuming that Pneumatic Craft will come down in the quest line, so, it must be an easier way... Just cant find it :(

PS: Loving the Sieve nerf! Not another sky block where you just automate the sieving and the its end-game!! If I know it was nerfed, I would had tried the pack way sooner!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Like.... Updating MFR and since it changed the block names, HQM goes nuts and even after fixing the quests, it refuses to save?

I kinda was updating NEI, to fix a lag issue, and ended up updating all mods.... I will have to force the three quests with MFR, since now they dont have an item :p

And that takes me to the question, how do I get rubber to make the harvester? I managed to get some coagulated blood just to notice it only smelts into rubber on a redstone furnace but those... need Pneumatic Craft... And I am assuming that Pneumatic Craft will come down in the quest line, so, it must be an easier way... Just cant find it :(

PS: Loving the Sieve nerf! Not another sky block where you just automate the sieving and the its end-game!! If I know it was nerfed, I would had tried the pack way sooner!
Rubber seeds are gained through sieving dirt. In the official release they were called unnamed for some reason, which I could not change. However, they are called rubber seeds if you updated MFR.
Also, if you updated MFR that means you updated forge? And that means HQM is buggy as hell... Can you expand on the "it refuses to save" bit please?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hum... then the rubber seed is missing in the sieving NEI recipes... That is why I couldnt find a way :p
I might have screwed something on minetweaker... or something might be broke with the MFR new version. Will investigate!

Edit: Seems Ex-Nihilo doesnt detect the new MFR blocks and doesnt enable the rubber seed... Cheating an rubber sapling just gives me a Oak sapling when I plant it. Time to cheat a rubber sapling.

About HQM, yes, I updated to Forge 1231 and almost all the mods. I might have kept 2-3... Also hadded Computer Craft because some mod was trying to use the CC API and crashing. Was not in the mod to find who was doing it, so.... just added and never use it :p

Since the new MFR changed the block name,, the harvester/planter/laser quests have unknown items. I went into edit mode and replaced the unknown items for the corrects ones (with a second minecraft running the original pack to see what needed to be fixed). When I try to Save, it just says it failed to save. Relaunched the pack, to see if it was a temporary problem and find out that all quests after second chapter just vanished. Basically, when I tried to save, it saved the first chapter, failed on the first quest of the second chapter and didnt save anything else... Why, no clue! There was nothing on the logs, I think. At least I dont recall seeing anything.

Now, I am playing with the original quests and will use the cheat quest book and cheat mode to complete those quests and receive the rewards(the rubber sapling)

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hum... then the rubber seed is missing in the sieving NEI recipes... That is why I couldnt find a way :p
I might have screwed something on minetweaker... or something might be broke with the MFR new version. Will investigate!

Edit: Seems Ex-Nihilo doesnt detect the new MFR blocks and doesnt enable the rubber seed... Cheating an rubber sapling just gives me a Oak sapling when I plant it. Time to cheat a rubber sapling.

About HQM, yes, I updated to Forge 1231 and almost all the mods. I might have kept 2-3... Also hadded Computer Craft because some mod was trying to use the CC API and crashing. Was not in the mod to find who was doing it, so.... just added and never use it :p

Since the new MFR changed the block name,, the harvester/planter/laser quests have unknown items. I went into edit mode and replaced the unknown items for the corrects ones (with a second minecraft running the original pack to see what needed to be fixed). When I try to Save, it just says it failed to save. Relaunched the pack, to see if it was a temporary problem and find out that all quests after second chapter just vanished. Basically, when I tried to save, it saved the first chapter, failed on the first quest of the second chapter and didnt save anything else... Why, no clue! There was nothing on the logs, I think. At least I dont recall seeing anything.

Now, I am playing with the original quests and will use the cheat quest book and cheat mode to complete those quests and receive the rewards(the rubber sapling)
I didn't add cc fit reasons >.>
I will upload the next update tomorrow I guess. But it will use forge 1230, as I only use recommend builds.
You do not computercraft EVER. I have tried, and tested the pack. And it works just fine. Just be aware that in the next update your world may not load due to how buggy hqm is now :/ *i will post a "fix" for it when the pack is updated

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... I only hadded CC since something was complaining.... I have no wish of coding Lua scripts. I do my share of coding at work, do not need to do it at home :p

Also, huge obsidian dupe in tinkers! 1 obsidian block is smelted into 9 ingots(1296mb) but you only need 288mb to make an obsidian block....

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... I only hadded CC since something was complaining.... I have no wish of coding Lua scripts. I do my share of coding at work, do not need to do it at home :p

Also, huge obsidian dupe in tinkers! 1 obsidian block is smelted into 9 ingots(1296mb) but you only need 288mb to make an obsidian block....
Well lucky you, this issue is fixed in the next update, which I have just sent off to the FTB team.
What is in the new update? WELL!...
Mod updates: (spoilered for obvious reasons)
Applied Energistics 2
Automagy
Blood Magic
Botania (will probably be outdated again)
Buildcraft
Carpenters Blocks
Code Chicken Core
CoFH Core
Ender Storage
Forbidden Magic
Journey Map
Mantle
Minefactory Reloaded
Minetweaker
Modtweaker
Natura
NEI
PneumaticCraft
Sanguimancy
Thaumcraft
Thaumic Tinkerer
Thaumic Energistics
Thermal Expansion
Tinkers' Construct
Tinkers' Mechworks
Tinkers' Tooltips

Mods added:
Steve's Factory Manager
Modular Armour
Solar Expansion

When it's up... ENJOY!

Known bugs:
HQM causes worlds to not load. The way to fix this:
Remove "hqm.quest" from the config folder (in configs/hqm) load the world, when it has succesfully loaded close the game, and re-add the quest file.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah (facepalms) my bad. Ignore everything I said :p

I will add a way to get ghast tears then... dunno how yet, we'll see *evil grin*
Did this ever got fixed?

I am at the same stage (needing a ghast tear to be able to make the bound blade and the tier 4 altar) and I runned out of clues for how to get the ghast tear....

I managed to get my hands on 6 soul sand but... with 2% chance, I dont think I'm going to have much luck :(

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
you can get ghast tears i the nether

don't know which version of the map you are using?
I am using the latest, B1. I walked around the dungeon for a good 10 mins but never heard or seen a ghast!
Unless there are some tears in some of the rooms I was to scared to walk in...

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not gonna say more :p
You said all :)

Since I didn't see yet a reference to the nether in the quest book and I don't like to do stuff that is not asked just to find out later the quest book wanted me to do it in a later stage and since the nether is so special I thought the nether would be a later game area for a quest or just funs.

So, seems its time to go have some fun!!! :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You said all :)

Since I didn't see yet a reference to the nether in the quest book and I don't like to do stuff that is not asked just to find out later the quest book wanted me to do it in a later stage and since the nether is so special I thought the nether would be a later game area for a quest or just funs.

So, seems its time to go have some fun!!! :)

The nether is accessible at any stage. Although the main time to go is at the bound blade quest ;)

Also, ghasts CAN spawn, but only in one area of the dungeon... and I wouldn't advise that room, just because there are other ways...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Known bugs:
HQM causes worlds to not load. The way to fix this:
Remove "hqm.quest" from the config folder (in configs/hqm) load the world, when it has succesfully loaded close the game, and re-add the quest file.
Well... that or removing the HardcoreQuesting folder in the save folder...

Either way, the quest progress will reset :(

It also took me two hours to pinpoint the reason for my game not load and when I found out, I remembered this post.... Damn you FTB for taking days to upload the new version and I endup forgetting this little detail...

yusei1e

Jul 29, 2019
type /hqm edit

and you'll get an OP hqm book that way you can get your progress back
or if you wanna do all the quests again go ahead