[1.7.10] Let it End

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Wow i realised you were cracking on but wow! I need to speed up :)
Is that why you're videos were short? You were trying to make it so you wouldn't "complete" the quests too quickly?
Every release that you have had access to (IIRC) has had at least 3 fully finished quest lines :p

Heck, I spent a few hours streaming the other day, and didn't even finish the 2nd and 3rd quest line (and I had skipped the grindy start - got to the point where I had an igneous extruder)

Reactions: Primal Demon

Primal Demon

Jul 29, 2019
My videos are usually short due to editing and internet speed when uploading.
But After episode 10 ill try to make them more around 20 mins long.

But yeh I was under the impression there was only one quest line complete so I was only recording 20 mins of footage.
Ok ill pick up the speed in my next recording session.[DOUBLEPOST=1414281145][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and 1 more thing i think ill start recording immediately so I was going to get everyone to vote but now it comes down to you.
Which quest should i go down

Tiring work Or
monsters under the bed

Last edited:
Reactions: jordsta95

StAj

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, first of all I will thank you for the amazing modpack you created!
I played around 30 hours right now and ended up blocked in the questbook:

1| Better Machines?
In this quest you have to make Steel Casing. The recipe for it requires 1 osmium ingot. It is impossible to make osmiumingots because the machines for making it requires osmium itself. :/

2|Education, that's what I need
This quest requires you to make scribing tools. We can't complete this quest because we need to be able to collect feathers, what te scribingtool needs.

So i hope you'll fix these two bugs/problems as soon as possible, because i love your modpack so much and want to continue playing it.

Greetings from Belgium, and keep up the good work!
(sorry for crappy english)

EDIT: SORRY I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU FIXED IT ALREADY AND PUTTED OUT A NEW DOWNLOAD.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, first of all I will thank you for the amazing modpack you created!
I played around 30 hours right now and ended up blocked in the questbook:

1| Better Machines?
In this quest you have to make Steel Casing. The recipe for it requires 1 osmium ingot. It is impossible to make osmiumingots because the machines for making it requires osmium itself. :/

2|Education, that's what I need
This quest requires you to make scribing tools. We can't complete this quest because we need to be able to collect feathers, what te scribingtool needs.

So i hope you'll fix these two bugs/problems as soon as possible, because i love your modpack so much and want to continue playing it.

Greetings from Belgium, and keep up the good work!
(sorry for crappy english)

EDIT: SORRY I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU FIXED IT ALREADY AND PUTTED OUT A NEW DOWNLOAD.
Yeah, the new download fixes that. If you have downloaded the files, and don't know how to install them, just send me a message on skype (jordan.thomas.hoyland) and I'll walk you through it :)

If you have them installed and don't know how to get lead (needed for osmium) you need to put water and molten iron in a smeltery :)[DOUBLEPOST=1414348721][/DOUBLEPOST]So here we go. Update 0.1.3, what does it bring?
New mods:
MobProperties
Sync
Natura
Ex Astris... again (it didn't get added last time)

Updated configs:
Mekanism now displays energy in RF (Woo, finally!)

Config changes to new mods:
Natura: EVERYTHING is disabled.
Sync: You cannot use RF

Crafting changes:
Lead is made using water and iron in a smeltery
Osmium recipe added
Pulverizer recipes for oreberries added
Silver recipe added
Recipe for Bloodwood Sapling (harvest all the redstone)
Turn gunpowder into redstone using the metallurgic infuser (1 extra redstone for every 10 you put in)
New recipes for a few Thermal Expansion machines
The custom Aqueous Accumulator now has augments and not spatial storage drives.
No more monster jerky (yeah I'm talking to you @Primal Demon - I think it was who made some)
All saplings will now make string
All wood will now make lava
All wood logs can now be converted into a different wood log (e.g. 3 birch logs now make 3 spruce logs)
Dirt will ALWAYS drop 4 stones minimum
Lapis drop rate (from sieve) increased slightly
Rotten hearts can now be turned into full hearts using a bit of blood and a few whiffs of magic
Fixed oreberries making nuggets in Redstone furnace.
Sludge boiler can no longer be crafted

Other changes:
Zombies now drop feathers
Zombies no longer drop carrots or potatoes
Sludge boiler quest changed
A few new quest rewards
New quest lines - 1 of 2 possible endings completed :D

Last edited:

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack so far!

One issue. I'm on the quest "Sarificing the Damned" (might want to fix the misspelling :) ) and it is asking for a bound blade. Is that intended? The text sounds like it is talking about the dagger of sacrifice. I'm having trouble getting all of the items necessary to get the items for the ritual diviner (namely ghast tear).

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack so far!

One issue. I'm on the quest "Sarificing the Damned" (might want to fix the misspelling :) ) and it is asking for a bound blade. Is that intended? The text sounds like it is talking about the dagger of sacrifice. I'm having trouble getting all of the items necessary to get the items for the ritual diviner (namely ghast tear).
Yeah, the bound blade is correct. I couldn't think of perfect text for the blade though :/
Ghasts are a little hard to get, I may add them as loot in the nether. I have done a fair amount of work there today, which means more areas to put loot :)

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the bound blade is correct. I couldn't think of perfect text for the blade though :/
Ghasts are a little hard to get, I may add them as loot in the nether. I have done a fair amount of work there today, which means more areas to put loot :)
Gotcha. Can you provide a little insight as to how to get a ghast? Is there a specific way you, or does it just require wandering around and hoping for a spawn? I'm not sure if I'm missing something specific or not.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Gotcha. Can you provide a little insight as to how to get a ghast? Is there a specific way you, or does it just require wandering around and hoping for a spawn? I'm not sure if I'm missing something specific or not.
unless there is a crafting recipe for it (never checked to be honest) then it's just a fair amount of hoping and praying one spawns in the nether.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
unless there is a crafting recipe for it (never checked to be honest) then it's just a fair amount of hoping and praying one spawns in the nether.
Time to go hunting then I guess! There's no recipe at this time. maybe you could add one. or give us a way to get witch water to be able to make them.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Time to go hunting then I guess! There's no recipe at this time. maybe you could add one. or give us a way to get witch water to be able to make them.
You can get witch water, it's actually doable at the stage you're at in the questing stage.
Scan ALL the things (thaumcraft) and then unlock the research for grass, get your grass, turn it into mycelium. Witch water :p
The Thaumcraft route is actually pretty quick to get to the end of, compared to the blood magic one (IIRC)

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
You can get witch water, it's actually doable at the stage you're at in the questing stage.
Scan ALL the things (thaumcraft) and then unlock the research for grass, get your grass, turn it into mycelium. Witch water :p
The Thaumcraft route is actually pretty quick to get to the end of, compared to the blood magic one (IIRC)
I have that research. However it needs seeds, and to get seeds you need a tier 4 blood altar, and to get that you need the bound blade. Unless I'm missing something?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I have that research. However it needs seeds, and to get seeds you need a tier 4 blood altar, and to get that you need the bound blade. Unless I'm missing something?
Oh yeah (facepalms) my bad. Ignore everything I said :p

I will add a way to get ghast tears then... dunno how yet, we'll see *evil grin*

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
For the Quest Going better than gold, its a crafting task and I don't see anything in NEI for how to craft shiny metal. Am I missing a way to do it or is it supposed to be a detection task?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
For the Quest Going better than gold, its a crafting task and I don't see anything in NEI for how to craft shiny metal. Am I missing a way to do it or is it supposed to be a detection task?
That was probably supposed to be a detection task *facepalms*

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
That was probably supposed to be a detection task *facepalms*
Okay :) That's what alpha's are for! I just didn't want it to editmode complete it if there was a different way of doing it :)

I'm having a blast with this modpack though! I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses but even right now its great!

Reactions: jordsta95