[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Can I also suggest Aura Cascade? Probably one of the best mods I've seen in a while.

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
;) Do so. All player suggestions are always just that, (well inteneded) suggestions. In the end it's you the modmaker who has a vision of how the modpack is supposed to look. So don't let me or other players pressure you into something.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
IgTweaks is still a maybe
Storage drawers? Hmm... No. I am going to add a "better" mass storage device mod though (something to replace AE's storage cells a little better than rows of chests)
Tc/Vm is just an outright no. There are better ways to mine trees, in both TiCon and Botania (IIRC). Though, I will be adding fast leaf decay :)
I agree that IgTweaks would be great, even if you disable leveling, because it would be nice to be able to upgrade tools with new materials instead of having to craft a new one each time. Also, there's a purpose to storage drawers above and beyond just "mass storage", and that is the compacting drawer for compressed cobblestone. Speaking of cobblestone, I also noticed you disabled item transfer nodes, which makes a low-lag cobblegen pretty much impossible to make. Please consider that some of the crafting in extra utilities require a ton of cobble.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that IgTweaks would be great, even if you disable leveling, because it would be nice to be able to upgrade tools with new materials instead of having to craft a new one each time. Also, there's a purpose to storage drawers above and beyond just "mass storage", and that is the compacting drawer for compressed cobblestone. Speaking of cobblestone, I also noticed you disabled item transfer nodes, which makes a low-lag cobblegen pretty much impossible to make. Please consider that some of the crafting in extra utilities require a ton of cobble.
What ExU stuff would you be looking at, as I may just edit a few recipes.
However, cobble can be gained a few ways:
Villager trading (millenaire), tunnel bore (when mining for other things), botania cobblestone generator (using the lens that breaks blocks on the mana spreader - this may be a little laggy though), Applied Energistics annihilation pane, and probably a few I didn't think of.

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
First thing that needs tons of cobble would be bedrockium barrels. ;) Which needs 9-compressed cobble, if it's in the modpack, can't take a look atm. And 9-compressed basically screams for the transfer nodes, as anything else is ... difficult. Or rather a laggish nightmare.

Though ... replacing the 9-compressed cobble with something more sensible (4, 5 or 6 compressed?) might help.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
What ExU stuff would you be looking at, as I may just edit a few recipes.
However, cobble can be gained a few ways:
Villager trading (millenaire), tunnel bore (when mining for other things), botania cobblestone generator (using the lens that breaks blocks on the mana spreader - this may be a little laggy though), Applied Energistics annihilation pane, and probably a few I didn't think of.

First thing that needs tons of cobble would be bedrockium barrels. ;) Which needs 9-compressed cobble, if it's in the modpack, can't take a look atm. And 9-compressed basically screams for the transfer nodes, as anything else is ... difficult. Or rather a laggish nightmare.

Though ... replacing the 9-compressed cobble with something more sensible (4, 5 or 6 compressed?) might help.
Well, these things require bedrockium ingots: Bedrockium barrels need 6 each, and reinforced watering can needs 4. You can make these ingots individually for about 28k cobble and a block of diamonds, or you can get 9 ingots without needing any diamonds, but it costs an octuple compressed cobblestone, which is around 43 million cobblestone. The deep dark portal also costs quite a bit of compressed cobble as well. As Bastian-Bux said, in order to generate that amount of cobble, there are no other ways of doing it other than transfer nodes with world interaction upgrades. All other methods are either too slow and/or generate way too much lag. You also need a fast, low lag method of combining it, which is why I mentioned storage drawers.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well, these things require bedrockium ingots: Bedrockium barrels need 6 each, and reinforced watering can needs 4. You can make these ingots individually for about 28k cobble and a block of diamonds, or you can get 9 ingots without needing any diamonds, but it costs an octuple compressed cobblestone, which is around 43 million cobblestone. The deep dark portal also costs quite a bit of compressed cobble as well. As Bastian-Bux said, in order to generate that amount of cobble, there are no other ways of doing it other than transfer nodes with world interaction upgrades. All other methods are either too slow and/or generate way too much lag. You also need a fast, low lag method of combining it, which is why I mentioned storage drawers.
The crafty crate from Botania could do it quite-low lag (just drop the compressed stuff into a hopper), or use AE, as you are able to auto-craft with that still (for now?)
But I feel I will just change the recipe, as adding transfer nodes means a much easier way to transport items gets added (which isn't what I want)

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I just don't get what the thought behind your modpack is then. At first I thought it was "lets explore some new mods instead of using the same ones over and over". From my experience with this pack though, it feels like the mods in here don't even really add anything. Millenaire, while I have always loved the idea and concept, has never once been a very useful mod for me when it comes to "getting something out of it". More times than not, I'm wasting far more materials building up towns for no real return, and if I do get something, it's usually so trivial I could have gotten it by some other means in about 1/100th of the time. I agree that ticon, botania, Eu, and openblocks can be considered to be necessary evils, but it seems you have disabled parts you think are too OP. So that brings me to the thought that this pack isn't about exploring new mods, but instead it's "lets remove anything deemed OP and make them do things slow". Especially since you feel threatened by transfer nodes, which seem about as standard as they come. Maybe I just don't get it. As a result, I'll probably just move on rather than have you change a bunch of stuff. I just really don't agree with the direction this pack is going in.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The direction of the pack isn't changing...
It's not about being too OP that it gets gated/disabled. It's about the fact that there are alternatives.

If there is absolutely no alternative, I will leave it. But there are alternatives (to item transport) and I would much rather see people trying new ways of doing stuff, rather than having pipes all the time (which is the initial intention of the pack).

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The latest update is now on the Temporal Reality launcher. The updates are:
+ Added Storage Silo mod
+ Added new recipe for Bedrockium
+ Updated Botania
+ Updated PneumaticCraft
+ Updated Enhanced Inventories
! Fixed Millenaire not downloading !

So not too much changed. I am looking into IgTweaks, and a few other things for the next update though :)

Reactions: CoolSquid

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
The direction of the pack isn't changing...
It's not about being too OP that it gets gated/disabled. It's about the fact that there are alternatives.

If there is absolutely no alternative, I will leave it. But there are alternatives (to item transport) and I would much rather see people trying new ways of doing stuff, rather than having pipes all the time (which is the initial intention of the pack).
ok, then my question is, what is the alternative for a low lag world interaction upgrade? I don't see one here.