[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, is there an easy way to automatically collect water? Because I feel like I've really overcomplicated this...

Vanilla redstone (dispenser) to fill empty bucket. The filled bucket is carried via omnidirectional hoppers to a dropper, which tosses it by a Pneumatic liquid hopper, which drains the water. The now empty bucket is then returned to the starting point.

So is there an easier way which takes up less space than 9x7x3?

You are looking for a 3x3x3 water tank wand (spellling?) best built in a wet environment.

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
After a day or so to cool my head, (responding to harsh words at 4am is not my smartest idea) I apologize Bastian.
I did not intend to sound nasty, or rude.
Way I took it was you were calling the pack horrible, and the launcher horrible.
I enjoy the pack, but I have not played on the launcher yet. So I have invalid evidence of whether or not the launcher is misbehaving.
So I am sorry.
I do enjoy Ingenuity, and I hope you enjoy it too.

;) I had no chance to form an opinion at that time, because I just didn't get the modpack to work (at that time). Partly due to my eyes failing me, partly due to the launcher behaving weirdly. So apology accepted ;)

And now, back to streaming my fails with this modpack. ;)

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Ahh right, well if you have any insight into why the TR launcher was crashing (even if it's just "I load it, and it crashes") then we can get it fixed sooner :)
BTW, I'm having the same problem. Sucks cause I want to join the community but I can't really do that if I can't open it, now can I?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1762)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1645)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8216)
at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:185)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:182)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:96)
at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:89)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:218)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3724)
at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Scene.java:3452)
at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1728)
at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2461)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:348)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:273)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:382)
at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:553)
at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:925)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1759)
... 51 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/scene/control/Alert
at temporalreality.launcher.util.ModpackUtils.launch(ModpackUtils.java:282)
at temporalreality.launcher.view.overview.ModpackOverviewController.launchPressed(ModpackOverviewController.java:140)
... 61 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.scene.control.Alert
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 63 more

This is greek. Would you mind? I click the 'launch' button on Temp. Reality, and this is the log.

Hang on. I set my account, set the directory, and something different happened. Asked for the p/w of minecraft, and started to download things. I think I might have a breakthrough!

Edit: I'm in!

You have to manually set the directory to where you put the launcher files, and set your account, restart, and then click launch. It will ask for your p/w, and start doing things!

Last edited:
Reactions: jordsta95

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
That's because you still are using java 6?
Don't know if you updated that or not
Here's what I did:
  1. I installed Java 8.
  2. I gave it the name "java8" as a separate thing from Java 6.
Does it have to actually be named "Java"?

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a version difference between the TR version and the FTB version, because on FTB the highest version is 1.2.1 and on TR the only version available is 1.0.0. If this is the same version between the two launchers, it's very confusing to people who plan to switch launchers. You really should keep modpack versions uniform no matter what launcher you use.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/mac_java_update.xml

Is there a version difference between the TR version and the FTB version, because on FTB the highest version is 1.2.1 and on TR the only version available is 1.0.0. If this is the same version between the two launchers, it's very confusing to people who plan to switch launchers. You really should keep modpack versions uniform no matter what launcher you use.
The TR version is the latest version. The FTB one is discontinued, and hasn't been updated for months. Hence why the numbers aren't uniform

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/mac_java_update.xml

The TR version is the latest version. The FTB one is discontinued, and hasn't been updated for months. Hence why the numbers aren't uniform
Did you read what I said though? The TR version is LOWER than the FTB version. That is very confusing, because anyone looking at the two without knowing what you just said is going to assume the FTB version is up to date and the TR version is old. Understand?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Did you read what I said though? The TR version is LOWER than the FTB version. That is very confusing, because anyone looking at the two without knowing what you just said is going to assume the FTB version is up to date and the TR version is old. Understand?
Yeah... apart from the fact that I don't expect everyone to go from the FTB launcher to the TR launcher, so anyone who has never played it on the FTB launcher would see it start at 1.2.x and be like "WTF happened to 1.0.0"

Says I have the recommended version of Java. But it still won't load for me.
Maybe @shadowfactsdev can help, as I believe he is a Mac user too

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea when the next update will be done? ;) And if it breaks the world? Streaming again, and thinking about restarting/looking for a more scenic place for improved eyecandy :D Oh and is the washer still disfucnctional?

Last edited:

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
Found some bug: when I tried to make a high pressure core in the assembler and connected the lubricant tank, the items for HPC vanished, but nothing was produced.

Also lubricant is a problem by itself: you need lubricant to produce a HPC to produce a washer... but you need a washer for the bicarbinate to make lubricant. Had to cheat it in... :/

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea when the next update will be done? ;) And if it breaks the world? Streaming again, and thinking about restarting/looking for a more scenic place for improved eyecandy :D Oh and is the washer still disfucnctional?
No idea, but the washer should work

Found some bug: when I tried to make a high pressure core in the assembler and connected the lubricant tank, the items for HPC vanished, but nothing was produced.

Also lubricant is a problem by itself: you need lubricant to produce a HPC to produce a washer... but you need a washer for the bicarbinate to make lubricant. Had to cheat it in... :/
I will have to test this out a little more. Hydraulicraft changed a little since I last played with it

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
After continuing some testing with your modpack, may I suggest some small additions? Most of them for convenience in play:

Iguana Tweaks: mostly for the leveling and ugradable tinkers tools
storage drawers: a stylish way to store stuff
treecapitor/veinminer: or any other way to cut down trees a bit more comfortably

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
IgTweaks is still a maybe
Storage drawers? Hmm... No. I am going to add a "better" mass storage device mod though (something to replace AE's storage cells a little better than rows of chests)
Tc/Vm is just an outright no. There are better ways to mine trees, in both TiCon and Botania (IIRC). Though, I will be adding fast leaf decay :)

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
^^, I don't care much WHICH comfy mods you add. Bibliocraft has a storage tool as well and ... well basically there are tons and I'm sure you'll find a fitting one. I just would like to see some of the unnecessary hazzle gone.

Waiting eagerly for the next update, for starting a next attempt (with a much better selected spawn point).