[1.7.10] Ingenuity - Are you Ingenious? ---- Where's all the usual mods?!?! o.O

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
Are railcraft water tanks the only early/mid source of water that doesn't require bucket manipulation?

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
Very interesting group of mods in this pack! I'm queuing this one up behind the couple packs I'm already playing. (I could try to juggle THREE packs, but I dunno if I can handle it.) Thanks for making something with a different focus.

Reactions: jordsta95

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
People need tinker tools? With the exception of beheading for wither skulls, i just use the atomic disassembler for everything. But i suppose i could try this, i seem to somewhat like these obscure packs. I don't even want to know what the laser creeper dino riders from space is about, though it sounds intriguing at least.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
People need tinker tools? With the exception of beheading for wither skulls, i just use the atomic disassembler for everything. But i suppose i could try this, i seem to somewhat like these obscure packs. I don't even want to know what the laser creeper dino riders from space is about, though it sounds intriguing at least.
One of the cheapest ways to ore double is using the Smelting pick with luck on it. Don't know if it is enabled in this pack but it saves some much time on reg ore and you can just convert them over to blocks when even you bags are full and keep going. Hammer is way cheaper to get earlier game and with loads of redstone is stupid easy to load up on ore. Most other tools now ether require stupid amount of time and resources to get to or 15 machines and 12 minecraft days. I mean you have quarries and such things end game people don't want to spend 60+hours so they can mine in a respectable time. They want to go and mine and then get to building stuff. TiCo is one of the best ways to do that. That is why most people say it is required. That isn't even taking into account mods you can add so it is way easier and less resources to set your tools and weapons up with the mods you want. Also Crossbows...enough said. rofl

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
beheading is also possible with elementium axes.

And in my opinion, tinkers isn't worth it without iguana's tweaks. Even if you don't use the tiering or nerfing stuff. I love repairing tools from the crafting grid and part replacement. I mean I don't want to make 5 different pickaxes. That's just silly. I want to make one pickaxe and love it forever and ever and never let go of it until it takes the final plunge into the merciless jaws of the Void. But that's just me.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

ThatGuyOverThere

Jul 29, 2019
beheading is also possible with elementium axes.

And in my opinion, tinkers isn't worth it without iguana's tweaks. Even if you don't use the tiering or nerfing stuff. I love repairing tools from the crafting grid and part replacement. I mean I don't want to make 5 different pickaxes. That's just silly. I want to make one pickaxe and love it forever and ever and never let go of it until it takes the final plunge into the merciless jaws of the Void. But that's just me.
Elementium is Thaumcraft? Which isn't in the pack?

Also:
hyFpm.png

So I dunno how she's doing it, but it seems she is gonna let people on the ingenuity server :D

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Elementium is Thaumcraft? Which isn't in the pack?

B.O.T.A.N.I.A. Elementium is in Botania. T.H.A.U.M.I.U.M is in Thaumcraft. One is pink, the other is purple. One you get in throwing blue iron through the portal, the other comes from a cauldron.

Have you seen my point yet?

edit: Apart from a rather snappish example of remedying stupidity, I found myself a neighbor to a Norman village. I have NEVER played with Millenare before, so I'm working my way up. Finally they built the tavern. The lumberjack's quest costs a stack of dineers or one argent to get those ciders, but they do repay you.

Granted, I have not done more then run around chopping trees to feed them, but I'm so far quite interested. My only recommendation; tinkers iguana tweaks, but I'll add it for myself.

So far, you are ingenious Jordsta, don't get down on yourself. -poke poke- You've done a fine pack!

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
avoid laser creepers and their dino pets.

I started a new game for just a few minutes, just to get the lay of the land with this pack as it were, and wow, those laser creepers (and their dino pets) are a bit terrifying. And silly also. But mostly terrifying.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
B.O.T.A.N.I.A. Elementium is in Botania. T.H.A.U.M.I.U.M is in Thaumcraft. One is pink, the other is purple. One you get in throwing blue iron through the portal, the other comes from a cauldron.

Have you seen my point yet?

edit: Apart from a rather snappish example of remedying stupidity, I found myself a neighbor to a Norman village. I have NEVER played with Millenare before, so I'm working my way up. Finally they built the tavern. The lumberjack's quest costs a stack of dineers or one argent to get those ciders, but they do repay you.

Granted, I have not done more then run around chopping trees to feed them, but I'm so far quite interested. My only recommendation; tinkers iguana tweaks, but I'll add it for myself.

So far, you are ingenious Jordsta, don't get down on yourself. -poke poke- You've done a fine pack!
seriously though, you didn't have to be so hostile about it. You can correct peoples' mistakes without being a jerk about it.

But yeah, they may have thought I was talking about something else, like alumentum. A nicer way to say it would be like "No, elementium. It's from botania. You get it by tossing manasteel in an alfheim portal."

Reactions: ThatGuyOverThere

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Would adding iguana tweaks and removing the laser creepers break anything?
Adding iguana tweaks *should* be fine. It makes the pack harder than intended, but yeah. Personally, I like adding it and disabling the nerfs so I get replacable tool parts and crafting grid item repairs. Love iguana tweaks for those things.

And removing the laser creeper mod shouldn't do much but make you miss out on a sick rideable dinosaur and epic laser blaster. It'll also remove a decent amount of nighttime mob threat.

rousade

Jul 29, 2019
I tryed to mine at a cave with the laser creeper mod but its impossible i got reckt 100 times ;-;