[1.7.10] ImpactFlux Modpack - Version 1.0.0 [HQM, 400+ Quests, Hardcore]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
I released a mod update on the github page. I'm sure that it is broken, but hopefully I can fix the problems quickly as they arise. I also made a post on the reddit that tries to explain the current situation of the pack that can be found here;

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2olboy/impactflux_one_update_to_rule_them_all/

I need to figure out who I can talk to about getting access to update the pack on the launcher. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Any update on getting access to the pack on the launcher?

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm playing 1.2 and ran into a few problems.
1) Some quests, after being completed and the reward is received, still show themselves as ready to collect a reward, even though you can't.
2) I could not get the quest book to detect the entangled singularities I made. I had to cheat myself some for it to detect properly.
3) I can't get credit for crafting the biometric card.

Edit: oh and the recipes for the ender chest and ender tank are the same. So you can't craft an ender tank at all.

Edit2: Wait no I'm playing the latest version, which is 1.2

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to successfully get a replacement minimap running for this [besides mapwriter]? I've been banging my head for 1/2 a day against the screen trying to get VoxelMap to work with this pack. Used FTB launcher and did a perverted install of LiteLoader that resulted in a crash. Used MultiMC which loads fine but the minimap isn't active.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Journeymap works fine with it
This comment isn't helpful. Not to mention I've seen many posts regarding JM's questionable operation...so it's kinda hard to distinguish rumor from truth.

Finally managed to get VoxelMap working with this pack. Within MultiMC, I copied the instance to a new folder then deleted the pack.json. No other changes made. Testing begins.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
This comment isn't helpful. Not to mention I've seen many posts regarding JM's questionable operation...so it's kinda hard to distinguish rumor from truth.

Finally managed to get VoxelMap working with this pack. Within MultiMC, I copied the instance to a new folder then deleted the pack.json. No other changes made. Testing begins.
how is it not helpful? You asked if there was a map that would work... I gave you a map that worked with it besides mapwriter, answering said question.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
how is it not helpful? You asked if there was a map that would work... I gave you a map that worked with it besides mapwriter, answering said question.
I asked for a working replacement minimap, other than mapwriter. Since this pack [and every other 1.7.10 FTB pack] come only with JourneyMap as the minimap, my ask implied the exclusion of JourneyMap. Sorry for the confusion.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing for a couple of hours. Nice starting quests. I've been trying to delve into a roguelike, with the 2 quest-delivered armors, and an ender sword but have died so many times (I backup after every session end) to those damn ultra-fast mini-zombies. 20-30fps with those things running circles around you does not make for a long-term adventure :D

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing for a couple of hours. Nice starting quests. I've been trying to delve into a roguelike, with the 2 quest-delivered armors, and an ender sword but have died so many times (I backup after every session end) to those damn ultra-fast mini-zombies. 20-30fps with those things running circles around you does not make for a long-term adventure :D
Don't rely on the Meteor-based quest reward armors too much [rewards for Water/Lava buckets, Piston, Glowstone] as you need to turn those in towards the end of the WtS questline [will accept if damaged] and there's no crafting recipe for some of those armors.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of issues.

NEI seems to just completely stop working after a while or after something happens (not sure really). Typing stuff in the search field, nothing pops up on the right. U and R also no longer work for items. Only fix seems to be restarting the client from scratch.

Got all the quests on the starting page except the frozen meteor one. When I started this map, there were quite a lot of meteors but now, for the last 10 minecraft days at least, there have been none. From what I can tell there's no way to summon one as the recipe for that device requires at least one of the frozen meteor pieces. I didn't see anything in the wiki which might cause a cessation of them (like maybe there're a certain amount of already fallen ones in the immediate surroundings) and the config allows them to fall day or night so I'm not skipping them by sleeping.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of issues.

NEI seems to just completely stop working after a while or after something happens (not sure really). Typing stuff in the search field, nothing pops up on the right. U and R also no longer work for items. Only fix seems to be restarting the client from scratch.

Got all the quests on the starting page except the frozen meteor one. When I started this map, there were quite a lot of meteors but now, for the last 10 minecraft days at least, there have been none. From what I can tell there's no way to summon one as the recipe for that device requires at least one of the frozen meteor pieces. I didn't see anything in the wiki which might cause a cessation of them (like maybe there're a certain amount of already fallen ones in the immediate surroundings) and the config allows them to fall day or night so I'm not skipping them by sleeping.
NEI can be fixed by updating [you may also have to update Forge, which will force you to launch the pack thru something other than the FTB launcher (unless you know how to update Forge within FTB)]

Meteors, IIRC, come pretty heavy the first MC week and then taper off. Frozen meteors are rarest? and you need to mine them while they're still hot or they turn to ice. Someone has a video out explaining all about the meteors/shields/etc.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Well I can say with some certainty that I can't stand the meteor mod.

Another bug - right-clicked the awarded extra life heart after the first quest in section 2 killed me instantly, and as that was my last life, erased the map and immediately went to the "searching for multiplayer servers" page which is odd as this was a SP map. I would restore a backup from 30min ago and try again, but I think I need a break. What with the meteors wrecking the place, waiting around for hours for the final meteor to land, getting sucked into something that I didn't even see while traveling overland back to base and dying within 2s from full health (acted like one of those black hole things from thaumcraft) (how is one supposed to protect against that?!), then the death bug when ingesting a gain life item I think I need a rest :/

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019

Another bug - right-clicked the awarded extra life heart after the first quest in section 2 killed me instantly, and as that was my last life, erased the map and immediately went to the "searching for multiplayer servers" page which is odd as this was a SP map. I would restore a backup from 30min ago and try again, but I think I need a break. What with the meteors wrecking the place, waiting around for hours for the final meteor to land, getting sucked into something that I didn't even see while traveling overland back to base and dying within 2s from full health (acted like one of those black hole things from thaumcraft) (how is one supposed to protect against that?!), then the death bug when ingesting a gain life item I think I need a rest :/

Did you mouse over it to make sure it wasn't a Rotten Heart? And the meteors are kind of the point of the beginning of the pack, not every pack is for everyone.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019

You're not alone in disliking the meteor mod. IMO, it really adds nothing to the game besides random destruction until disabled. Shame the meteor pieces have no further use after the initial quest line. I play this pack for the quest book anyway...

Yup, what you encountered was a Thaumcraft Hungry Node. Now you know what to look for tho. As for the hearts, it may indeed be a bug. Noticed this when crafting them...they have a shelf life and will turn rotten if not used before the timer runs out. Didn't see this in any 1.6.4 packs that used them. The bug may be that all awarded full hearts are rotten, similar to how Radioactive MineChem rewards auto-decay when you collect them in the ME^3 modpack. If not, then the rotten hearts as rewards are a troll reward.

Suggestion to the modpack author: stop giving out rotten hearts as rewards. Since the hearts now have a shelf life, make use of that instead.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Odd lockup situation:
Crafting Flux-Infused JetPlate [in a TiCo Crafting Station] with an EIO Wireless Charger active nearby. Wireless charger insures all pieces that can store a charge have some [mine were fully charged]. Using these in the station locks the client. No problems crafting with uncharged pieces.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
How do you deal with the giant hungry spiders? I have 3 now around my base, and they're so big I can't work out what part of them to hit

2014-12-21_00.58.12.png