[1.7.10] ImpactFlux Modpack - Version 1.0.0 [HQM, 400+ Quests, Hardcore]

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having major lag issues with this or any 1.7.10 modpack. Ive been running many types of mod packs in 1.6.4 and have never had any issues until playing a 1.7 mod pack

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
First up using version 1.2 of the modpack, noticing weird search lag with NEI, if I want to search for all items from a mod I use the dropdown box at the top with a shift-click on the mod name, if I do this I get a good 30 sec to 1 min lag before it decides to like items from the mod. Normal searching for items works fine but not when listing everything from a mod.

Also not sure if it's a side effect from going from 1.6.4 to 1.7.10 but did waila lose the functionality to see the liquid amounts in drums?

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm i crashed again, i dont know why i was doing some Botania quests and i was near a meteor hole and boom, game crashed.

Xellik

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I feel like the dungeon quest that requires you to kill 50 of each mob is a /bit/ too much. Just my 2 cents :(

ImpactFlux

Jul 29, 2019
Alright - to address the performance issues. I will look at it. I personally stay around 60 fps on my work laptop so I have been using that as a benchmark and have not had many issues.

1) The reason morph is disabled is because flying is too OP in my honest opinion however I really like being 1 block tall for building. Besides I give you wings in some of the quests.

2) To pregenerate land the best way is to download Admin Command Toolbox and then run /pregenspawn 100 and that will generate 100 chunk radius around you.

3) The reason the dungeon quest has 50 of each is because there are five levels, and to realistically get each of the quests you need to go to at least level four. However I will probably change the spider one to 20 because the number of spiders that spawns is pretty low.

4) I have not had the stone crash at all. I will take a look at it, the only thing is why would you use stone when there is a quest after foraging that gives you copper.. and zombie heads to upgrade your pickaxe?

5) 1.7.10 does have a lot of lag issues - I am not doing anything particularly different than any other modpack. I do include ProjectRed in case folks want to disable BluePower on the chance it has lag issues.

6) Good idea on the healing axe I will do that.

7) I have tweaked some more quests and will be releasing 1.2.1 here shortly. (Think tonight/tomorrow-ish)

ImpactFlux

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe its because of Blue power volcano / Too much Roguelike dungeon ?

Hmm i dont know if this is an issue but i found this :
When i choose the "survival" difficulty it unlock "Magic Woes II" and nothing else
When i choose "builder" difficulty it unlock everything but "Magic Woes II"
It's normal ?

Also - kind of. It's a weird thing with the dependencies and me forgetting to do that one. That quest line was supposed to be locked until you get a bookshelf in the vanilla quest line.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the tips.
Hmm i'm curious, does this PC setup is enough for the pack ?
I have :

Intel Core i5 3.40GHz
RAM : 16 Go
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760
With this a SSD 256 Go for the system only and a 2 To drive for the rest.

I guess it's enough but maybe it's not :c

ImpactFlux

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.

That should be more than enough. Have you tried to pregenerate the world with ACT? I have yet to start a world that I play on without doing that.

Also are you using vanilla biome gen or others?

ImpactFlux

Jul 29, 2019
Also - if anyone wants to suggest ideas for "Weathering the Storm" or other quest lines. Let me know and I will work on it.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
So, after doing the ACT its look like really better.
You know the command to do the same in the nether ?

For the biome gen i was using Highland but it was too laggy so i restarded on defaut fews days ago and it was better

Otherwise i think NEI is a big part of lag, i dont know why but most of time when i'm exploring it there is often a big freeze and sometime a crash but i guess it will be fixed on a NEI patch

ImpactFlux

Jul 29, 2019
Yep I get the nei lag spike occasionally. I have no idea how to resolve that one.

But I think you can do ... /pregen <dim> <minX> <maxX> <minZ> <maxZ> for the nether.[DOUBLEPOST=1411143159][/DOUBLEPOST]I've also found Enhanced Biomes to be the most efficient biome gen outside of vanilla.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Ok but i dont really know wich value i put to the <XXX> thing.

dim = number of chunk ?
i guess X and Z are about coordinate but why min and why max ?

(Sorry i know some mod really nicely but i'm "The minecraft basic's noob" =p)

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
I would generate the nether, but beeing in it atm, I can literally not login lest I get 1 frame every 10 seconds.
I guess I'll have to restart my world, then.

On another note, what is your opinion on Magic Bees, Extra Bees, Forestry and Gendustry? I think they would make a decent quest line.

ImpactFlux

Jul 29, 2019
Think of it as a square on graph paper. and MinX/MaxY are paired together and MinY/MaxX are paired together and dim is your dimension.

/pregen -1 -100 100 -100 100

should be the same as /pregenspawn 100.

Prplcheeez

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to run an ImpactFlux server on one of my computers at home. I managed to set up the server and log in with no issues, but as soon as a user logs out the server freezes and crashes. Besides very basic setup, I don't know much about servers so please forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question or it's an easy fix, but how do I deal with this? If you need crash/error logs, could you please tell me where to find them?

Thanks in advance.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
@Prplcheeez : read previous post, the /pregen thing may help you

Otherwise about quests idea : maybe adding a Mariculture section would be nice because fish are like bee and there is no bee in the pack (i never tried this mod)

feralferret

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Weathering the Storm quest line currently work? I chose the Survival/Weathering the Storm quests from the book, but I've had no meteors and it's a couple of (minecraft) days in now. I am running a small 2 player server if that makes a difference.

Edit: Also is there a way to turn off magnetism on the meteorite armor? The keybind never seems to actually work..

Last edited: