[1.7.10] ImpactFlux Modpack - Version 1.0.0 [HQM, 400+ Quests, Hardcore]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ImpactFlux

Jul 29, 2019
Afternoon Folks!

Its time to release ImpactFlux!

Important News
Currently I am under major development changing WTS and making it much more polished. All known github issues have been resolved in my development version. However, as such I can not update previous versions due to mod & version constraints. My timetable is to release the modpack the day XCompWiz releases Mystcraft, as the story now involves that. :) For those wanting to test/play and who have a dev version of MystCraft from his Patreon - you can download the latest from the github. If you find issues please feel free to post them on my github. Also feel free to follow my twitter account as I will be posting progress updates and pictures.

The plot:
Steve wakes up in a world, that is so familiar but just a bit different. Before he can get his bearings, a meteor crashes down upon the world. Something.. something just is not right. Another meteor crashes. Run Steve run! Find a way to protect the world from the cataclysm.. the impact flux.

Breaking the fourth wall:
This pack started as a fun way for me to get through mods that I never really did, but also as a way to get me to do the vanilla minecraft content as well. Before long I released an alpha version and many people liked it. I met VanitySet and he offered to help and then we got to work and put in over 400 different quests through these mods.

The initial goals:
- Tutorial style pack
- Have lives be meaningful
- Incentive to play vanilla & modded content that often gets left out.

At this point it was fun, but it was missing something.. and after some discussion with PurpleMentat, I came up with a really neat idea to add a theme to the modpack and to incorporate into the pack.

"Weathering The Storm" - this is the idea that before you can build a safe world you must weather the storm. The main idea here was to get people exploring, killing mobs, into roguelike dungeons, using iguana tinker tweaks and absolutely no crafting is needed. This part IS HARD, and IS MEANT TO BE HARD. However if you can make it through the storm - you will end up with extra lives, strong tools, and meteor shields to protect your world from the hostile environment. The reward for surviving is then getting into the meat of the quest book and you have a leg up other than "punch tree, get wood".

However, I realize this is not for everyone. So I created an easy mode & hard mode. When you first open the book you can skip "Weathering The Storm" and just enjoy the modpack itself.

Important Details:
  • All non-vanilla biome generation is turned off, just enable it by default.
  • Project Red is disabled by default, because Quetzi specifically requested that I add BluePower.
  • Please report bugs/errors/suggestions to my github here. https://github.com/ImpactFlux/ImpactFlux-Modpack
  • If you want to contribute, please submit pull requests and I will look at them and then accept/deny based upon its merits.
  • Latest dev versions can also be found on my github
FTB Pack Code: ImpactFlux

Videos/Tutorials:
EgoTheGamer:
ImpactFlux:
CrinkleCraft:

Future Plans:
- Add quests to Twilight Forest - potentially tie into Weathering the Storm in a version 2.
- Add more quests to Weathering the Storm - make more Roguelike dungeon quests.
- Add Mariculture quest line?
- Add Chisel quest line?
- Open to suggestions.

Changelog:
v2 (In development)
- Performance Tweaks (NEI/Mariculture Biome Gen)
- Fixed iron legs quest in "Weathering the Storm"
- Added quest to upgrade boots, removed boots from end turn in quest.
- Added MystCraft (Development version from XCompWiz)
- Added GalaticCraft
- Added a map for survival.
- Turned down meteor spawn rate in default world.
- Added custom meteor spawn rate & placement for survival/weathering the storm.
- Reworked a village for the village quest line.
- Reworked a roguelike dungeon for the dungeon quest line.
- Incorporated GalaticCraft elements in to finding meteor shards.
- Added pre-generated MystCraft Ages that are incorporated into WTS.

v1.2 (Released)
- Fixes issue with Thaumcraft & Highlands Biome IDs.
- Updated Chisel
- Updated NEI/EnderStorage/CodeChickenCore
- Updated BluePower
- Updated Bibliocraft
- Updated issues with HQM quests in the dungeons.

v.1.1 (Released)
- Reduced number the player starts with to 1.
- Adds number of lives to completion of Weathering the Storm and easy mode quest.
- Fixed issue with fireworks & nbt.
- Added recipe for necrotic bones.
- Fixed some quest dependencies based upon vanilla completion. (Namely Thaumcraft quests and Reputation rewards)
- Updated Waila/Utility Mobs

v1.0.0
Initial Release

Please follow me on twitter if you wish you get immediate updates.

Last edited:

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds really nice. Time to try it :D it`s a good alternative to all the skyblocks i played the last months :D

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now. Enjoying it so far. I'll leave a few thoughts here for others looking to try the pack, if that's okay with Impact. Some things may have changed since I went through certain stages of the game.
  • Not tried out "Weathering the Storm", but the pack does a good job of encouraging exploration. Mods like Botania (dearlordtheflowers), Spice of Life (Harvestcrafting all over the damn place) and Roguelike Dungeons (send help) reward you and almost require you to walk around for a bit instead of just settling at spawn. I legitimately had to search to find a suitable location for a house, which is cool.
    • Obligatory spruce complaint. With the 1.7 temperature-based biome generation, spawning in a desert or other "hot" biome will pretty much screw you over in terms of spruce. I know you've heard about this way too much already, though, and it's only a problem at the very start of the game, so I'll move on.
    • Some things you find while adventuring are useless to the questline. See the last bullet.
  • There's an insane amount of quests. It's like the achievement system for vanilla, but fully fleshed out and incorporating the major mods as well as normal progression. Well done there.
    • Out of curiosity, are there more quests than in AgSkies? I can't seem to find Jaded's total quest number anywhere.
  • The pack is challenging. There are a limited amount of lives. Both of these are very good things, as long as you don't go Blood-and-Bones crazy with configs later on. Do you envision the final product being a hardcore-grindy pack, or more of a fun casual thing?
  • Biggest complaint so far: The "Crafting" quests get on my nerves. Not because the items are exceedingly difficult to craft, mind you, but because I usually have the item on hand by the time I reach the quest. Finding an anvil in a Roguelike Dungeon is worthless, for example, because it doesn't count towards the questline. Same with brewing stands and enchanting tables, as well as parts for smelteries that you may find in a village. This could be fixed by converting them to "Detection" quests, unless this is intended.
Over all, I'm having a good time with it and would recommend it to anyone interested. Keep up the good work! :)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now. Enjoying it so far. I'll leave a few thoughts here for others looking to try the pack, if that's okay with Impact. Some things may have changed since I went through.
  • Not tried out "Weathering the Storm", but the pack does a good job of encouraging exploration. Mods like Botania (dearlordtheflowers), Spice of Life (Harvestcrafting all over the damn place) and Roguelike Dungeons (send help) reward you and almost require you to walk around for a bit instead of just settling at spawn. I legitimately had to search to find a suitable location for a house, which is cool.
    • Obligatory spruce complaint. With the 1.7 temperature-based biome generation, spawning in a desert or other "hot" biome will pretty much screw you over in terms of spruce. I know you've heard about this way too much already, though, and it's only a problem at the very start of the game, so I'll move on.
    • Some things you find while adventuring are useless to the questline. See the last bullet.
  • There's an insane amount of quests. It's like the achievement system for vanilla, but fully fleshed out and incorporating the major mods as well as normal progression. Well done there.
    • Out of curiosity, are there more quests than in AgSkies? I can't seem to find Jaded's total quest number anywhere.
  • The pack is challenging. There are a limited amount of lives. Both of these are very good things, as long as you don't go Blood-and-Bones crazy with configs later on. Do you envision the final product being a hardcore-grindy pack, or more of a fun casual thing?
  • Biggest complaint so far: The "Crafting" quests get on my nerves. Not because the items are exceedingly difficult to craft, mind you, but because I usually have the item on hand by the time I reach the quest. Finding an anvil in a Roguelike Dungeon is worthless, for example, because it doesn't count towards the questline. Same with brewing stands and enchanting tables, as well as parts for smelteries that you may find in a village. This could be fixed by converting them to "Detection" quests, unless this is intended.
Over all, I'm having a good time with it and would recommend it to anyone interested. Keep up the good work! :)
Shit, you have 171 posts.

ImpactFlux

Jul 29, 2019
Howdy! Thanks for all the kind words!

1) I have changed the spruce requirement, and with weathering the storm.. the beginning of vanilla is much better. :)
2) I know about the "useless" quest rewards.. but personally I always found it kind of a nice surprise to get to a quest and realize that I've already completed it. That's a major reason I have not removed those.
3) The only config setting I've changed.. is you start with 1 life, but if you survive weathering the storm, or if you pick easy mode you will get back to 3 lives immediately. Makes more sense that way.
4) The "Crafting" quests.. I definitely understand.. but the main reason they are there is to encourage the player to actually craft them instead of making them.. by crafting maybe they will use it instead of just quest fodder.. not to mention it started out as a vanilla HQM.. so.. I'll think about it :)

Reactions: Shazam08

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
how do I go about changing the terrain gen? my world is ouch "amplified" and my system is screaming in pain. I used default. so should not be

TwilightWalker

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this myself and while I'm only a little bit in, I've been loving it quite a bit. There seems to be a problem though, as the "Fireworks!" quest isn't accepting any of the fireworks I've yanked out of these dispensers for it's submission.

Paner

Jul 29, 2019
Well that was fun. My game randomly froze, minecraft shut down and my world save is now gone. Game froze after I used pickaxe on spawner and that deleted my world LOL :D

ImpactFlux

Jul 29, 2019
Howdy! Thanks for the kind comments TwilightWalker! I've actually already fixed that and I have submitted the fix to FTB and it should be uploaded soon. If you want it resolved sooner - head to my github page and you can download the hqm file for the config folder and you ought to be good to go![DOUBLEPOST=1410842232][/DOUBLEPOST]Really?! Okay well you should have a backup under the /backup folder that aroma mod creates in your minecraft directory. Do you know if your tool had a 'put in inventory because invalid data on pickace' message in the tooltip? That's the only thing I can think of. I will try to find a fix for that in the meantime!

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
I will keep an eye on the thread :D very interesting pack with alot of quests :D i will play it for sure

Paner

Jul 29, 2019
Can you please take a look at optimization for this modpack? Those 73 mods are lagging for me more than 200 mod modpacks :/

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Can you please take a look at optimization for this modpack? Those 73 mods are lagging for me more than 200 mod modpacks :/

Have you tried out any 1.7 packs before this one? The new worldgen can freeze the game for a few seconds on most computers.

I personally use FastCraft to help out. Maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, though, so I summon @ImpactFlux for an official answer.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
I guess that it already be signaled but i just want to say that I cant finish some of the Dungeon quests

ImpactFlux

Jul 29, 2019
They have already been fixed, and we are waiting on FTB to update them... or FTB to tell me if I need to fix things.

But yeah I have not noticed any major performance hits.. I run it on my work laptop just fine without Fastcraft. However I do have FC on my server setup and things seem really smooth. My biggest thing is I've been pregenerating all the terrain before I run and it makes a huge difference.. like worlds difference.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack, but have noticed a couple quest bugs/issues..

1. The fireworks quest does not recognize customized fireworks, making the ones you find in dungeons useless for that task.
2. It seems like every quest after "Roguelike Dungeons!" doesn't register as completed (you still get the reward, but the quest stays purple). Note that I've only completed two of these quests.

Otherwise, great pack. Having lots of fun.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
They have already been fixed, and we are waiting on FTB to update them... or FTB to tell me if I need to fix things.

But yeah I have not noticed any major performance hits.. I run it on my work laptop just fine without Fastcraft. However I do have FC on my server setup and things seem really smooth. My biggest thing is I've been pregenerating all the terrain before I run and it makes a huge difference.. like worlds difference.
Do you have a server up and running for this modpack? If so, is it open for people to join?