1.7.10 HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody [Open Alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
hostile mobs do not work for pink slime. You have to have a passive mob for it to work. Personally I use cows.Just set up a breeder chronotyper and slaugherhouse and you are set for food and pink slime. After you get your first I would advise safari netting it and putting it into a auto spawner to get the pink slime you need.
Common myth, it doesn't need passive mobs. No need to confuse people by spouting falsehoods, go in and actually test for yourself if you don't believe me.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for answering some of the questions. Some of the quests just don't work properly. Some of them I will have to cheat to complete (mob essence 2nd chance and water) so I can make progress.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
The crystal clusters are from the demon invasion of blood magic. It takes a t5 altar and several painful steps.
The issue with the mekanism items is NEI makes them disappear sometimes.
The wand issue I explained a few posts back.
Balanced shard is a thaumcraft research.
The botania issue is due to the flowers nbt data and the quest book being set wrong.
Draconium is a t6 blood altar recipe. Either dire crafting table or blood magic demon invasion required.
Dragon heart is from dragon in the end.
Hope that answered a few of your questions.

The Botania quest book, is that something a player can fix or are we stuck until Caithleen returns?
Some of thaumcraft is doable, but some isn't. Maybe with a lot more work. The initial learning of aspects by scanning with a Thermometer seems different than the guides out there say.
I built a dire crafting table. It is a lot of diamonds, emeralds, manasteel and nether star blocks to go that route. Maybe doable in the long run.

But the water quest seems broken, the mob essence quest seems broken. I cheated in an op quest book and force completed those. In episode 18 you'll see the lengths I went to to try to finish the mob essence quest.

H

hicks

i like me some HQM mod pack they are normally good for learning bout mods

G

gu5

The Botania quest book, is that something a player can fix or are we stuck until Caithleen returns?
Some of thaumcraft is doable, but some isn't. Maybe with a lot more work. The initial learning of aspects by scanning with a Thermometer seems different than the guides out there say.
I built a dire crafting table. It is a lot of diamonds, emeralds, manasteel and nether star blocks to go that route. Maybe doable in the long run.

But the water quest seems broken, the mob essence quest seems broken. I cheated in an op quest book and force completed those. In episode 18 you'll see the lengths I went to to try to finish the mob essence quest.
Nice to see someone else confirm it, I tried absolutely everything to get the essence quest to register.
I think this modpack is basically fucked and wouldn't advise anyone to start it. It's a great idea, a Blood Magic based adventure, but it's so half-arsed it only leads to frustration and sadness.
I'll just go back to making my Infinity Evolved HQM Skyblock until I find something better I think.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Well the early part of the pack is really good, it just isn't finished and has some bugs. I would definitely like to play it when its finished.

A

Arcanuo

Hello everyone. Due to Caithleens absence the MyM administration decided to assign new maintainers to Hypovolemia. The new development team consists of @bigbluu722 , @PhantomRTW and, I, and loads of community support. We want to keep up the good work that Caithleen started and that is where we need your help. Please keep playing the pack and report bugs and suggestions on Hypo's Github
http://github.com/MyM-ModpackTeam/hypovolemia or here in the thread. I beg you to use the Github. It's an easy way for us to read, ask questions and find issues without going through slews of posts.

Now that's out of the way. We hope to continue the way Cathleen structures quests and packs, with that learning aspect, the vague pop culture references, and the fact that you don't require the quests to progress. We have no want to ruin the feel of mod pack. Our first order of business appears to be fixing the prevalent bugs , in gameplay and HQM. We also hope to make sure all aspects of the pack are accessible.

Last edited:

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. Due to Caithleens absence the MyM administration decided to assign new maintainers to Hypovolemia. The new development team consists of @bigbluu722 , @PhantomRTW and, I, and loads of community support. We want to keep up the good work that Caithleen started and that is where we need your help. Please keep playing the pack and report bugs and suggestions on Hypo's Github
http://github.com/MyM-ModpackTeam/hypovolemia or here in the thread. I beg you to use the Github. It's an easy way for us to read, ask questions and find issues without going through slews of posts.

Now that's out of the way. We hope to continue the way Cathleen structures quests and packs, with that learning aspect, the vague pop culture references, and the fact that you don't require the quests to progress. We have no want to ruin the feel of mod pack. Our first order of business appears to be fixing the prevalent bugs , in gameplay and HQM. We also hope to make sure all aspects of the pack are accessible.
Glad to see this pack has been picked up for continued development. It is one of my favorite packs so far and I am glad to see it will be finished "soon".

A

Arcanuo

Glad to see this pack has been picked up for continued development. It is one of my favorite packs so far and I am glad to see it will be finished "soon".

Soons a relative term, because there is a lot of work to be done. Thanks for the kinds words, and remember, submit those bugs/suggestions!

Last edited:

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Soons a relative term, because there is a lot of work to be done. Thanks for the kinds words, and remember, submit those bugs/suggestions!
Yeah thats why the " around the soon. But I would love to see the witchery questline finished because it is one of the only mods in the pack I dont really know alot about.

P

profrags

Yeah thats why the " around the soon. But I would love to see the witchery questline finished because it is one of the only mods in the pack I dont really know alot about.
That's actually what arcanuo is working on, he's doing witchery quest line and recipes so you can progress through the mod without any issues relating to the world being a bloody wasteland ( hehe... Bloody wasteland... Sorry am i the only one who found that funny?). I on the other just find some bugs and things that break gameplay and bother the maintainers to fix it :D
I also help with some quests but I mostly like quest bugs and breaking the game :>

Last edited:

Bennyboy1695

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually what arcanuo is working on, he's doing witchery quest line and recipes so you can progress through the mod without any issues relating to the world being a bloody wasteland ( hehe... Bloody wasteland... Sorry am i the only one who found that funny?). I on the other just find some bugs and things that break gameplay and bother the maintainers to fix it :D
I also help with some quests but I mostly like quest bugs and breaking the game :>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bloody wasteland was my addition ;) The world shouldn't prevent anything within witchery except when you get to the dreamworld, which i have a fix for that never get added :p

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019

Rut roh, the github link is not currently working.

One suggestion, I started working on Thaumcraft. Various quest rewards give you 6 creative aura nodes. When you place them you get a random aura node. As far as I can tell world generation doesn't place aura nodes anywhere else in the world. Once you place those 6 you either are able to succeed in Thaumcraft or you are stuck. If you get 6 nodes that have all the aspects for charging a wand you are fine, if you don't you are screwed. I'd recommend a way to either make more aura nodes or activate node generation in the world.

A

Arcanuo

Rut roh, the github link is not currently working.

One suggestion, I started working on Thaumcraft. Various quest rewards give you 6 creative aura nodes. When you place them you get a random aura node. As far as I can tell world generation doesn't place aura nodes anywhere else in the world. Once you place those 6 you either are able to succeed in Thaumcraft or you are stuck. If you get 6 nodes that have all the aspects for charging a wand you are fine, if you don't you are screwed. I'd recommend a way to either make more aura nodes or activate node generation in the world.

If you want to use this link https://github.com/MyM-ModpackTeam/hypovolemia it should work, and if you don't mind posting that node bug, that would be great. I think bluu has some of the other TC bugs fixed, so cross your fingers.

Just a broken link, somehow appended a semicolon to the end. Working one is here.

Thank you. As soon as I get on a computer, I'll hopefully fix and shorten it.

Last edited:

chugga_fan

Jul 29, 2019
But both Galactic Science and this pack didn't get any reply from Caitleen anymore...hope it's not abandon..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Caith is on an uknown length hiatus that started for some reason,
That is the current problem with the pack. There is no way to create the technomancy version of the wand without cheating it in.
this was somehow? fixed for me so that i could progress, don't know HOW i did it though, trial and error
The crystal clusters are from the demon invasion of blood magic. It takes a t5 altar and several painful steps.
The issue with the mekanism items is NEI makes them disappear sometimes.
The wand issue I explained a few posts back.
Balanced shard is a thaumcraft research.
The botania issue is due to the flowers nbt data and the quest book being set wrong.
Draconium is a t6 blood altar recipe. Either dire crafting table or blood magic demon invasion required.
Dragon heart is from dragon in the end.
Hope that answered a few of your questions.
Demon invasion is disabled, needs to be the avarita recipie, draconium can be gotten in other ways.... ;) not saying how

Reactions: Arcanuo

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that would be nice. They look much better than my first couple of episodes of Galactic Science <shudder>

Status
Not open for further replies.