1.7.10 HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody [Open Alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best power gen in this pack? I wanted to go down the Meks/Reactor, since it's new to me, but didn't want to go that rout and fine out that it doesn't work, etc.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
derp? how do i find the mekanism config
Step by step here is what to do-find the place where your FTB pack folders are. I think it is the Downloads folder on your computer by default, then go into the Hypovolemia folder. Go into the config folder. Scroll down to the mekanism TEXT DOCUMENT (NOT the folder), i just put that in caps to stress the importance. After that, open it with any text viewer (I use notepad). Scroll down to where it says "prefilledportabletanks", somewhat close to the top. Change true to false, save it, and there you go.

Reactions: Akio_Fukushima

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Step by step here is what to do-find the place where your FTB pack folders are. I think it is the Downloads folder on your computer by default, then go into the Hypovolemia folder. Go into the config folder. Scroll down to the mekanism TEXT DOCUMENT (NOT the folder), i just put that in caps to stress the importance. After that, open it with any text viewer (I use notepad). Scroll down to where it says "prefilledportabletanks", somewhat close to the top. Change true to false, save it, and there you go.

Well said:) Sorry for mine being lacking in detail:( It's hard to type when you have a 2year old jumping on you.lol

Does Nether Quartz spawn in the nether? I was trying to figure out how to get it, but it seems like it can only be from the ore, because the seeds need the item first. Thanks for any help.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Well said:) Sorry for mine being lacking in detail:( It's hard to type when you have a 2year old jumping on you.lol

Does Nether Quartz spawn in the nether? I was trying to figure out how to get it, but it seems like it can only be from the ore, because the seeds need the item first. Thanks for any help.
I just went into detail because then nobody can say they didn't get it. I have spent hours trying to get things to work, and i definitely don't want anyone to do that when they have even less knowledge on this stuff than i do.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I just went into detail because then nobody can say they didn't get it. I have spent hours trying to get things to work, and i definitely don't want anyone to do that when they have even less knowledge on this stuff than i do.

Its ok, I wasn't complaining, I was agreeing that I should have been more help than I was.lol

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best power gen in this pack? I wanted to go down the Meks/Reactor, since it's new to me, but didn't want to go that rout and fine out that it doesn't work, etc.

Mekanism Generators(the mod that includes power gen in mekanism) isn't installed in this pack, you have to use magical power which is fine as IMO mekanism includes some of the most unbalanced generators possible. Technomancy's dynamos work quite well, A potency gem should speed up power gen. As for best, blood is the easiest to get, I'm assuming ignis wouldn't be a bad type either considering it can be made pretty quickly with charcoal or coal. Mana could allow some creative power generation methods.

Automagy (Thaumcraft Addon) would be a good fit for this pack. Allows for a magical way to use redstone with crystals that allows to place it on walls, etc , among other things.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...addon-automagy-automation-and-logistics-v0-27

Agreed. It also has other nice features, I would love the thirsty tank as a magical means of sucking up liquid. The essentia locus is also a nice way to check out your essentia reserves.

Reactions: RehabOholic

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism Generators(the mod that includes power gen in mekanism) isn't installed in this pack, you have to use magical power which is fine as IMO mekanism includes some of the most unbalanced generators possible. Technomancy's dynamos work quite well, A potency gem should speed up power gen. As for best, blood is the easiest to get, I'm assuming ignis wouldn't be a bad type either considering it can be made pretty quickly with charcoal or coal. Mana could allow some creative power generation methods.

unbalanced is an understatement, i used to spam wind turbines everywhere because they made free power and were cheap as heck. However i like how the basic crap generator is actually really good midgame once you can teleport power between dimensions. I still love it though and they do make nice backup power if your base runs out until you can get everything else working again.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
unbalanced is an understatement, i used to spam wind turbines everywhere because they made free power and were cheap as heck. However i like how the basic crap generator is actually really good midgame once you can teleport power between dimensions. I still love it though and they do make nice backup power if your base runs out until you can get everything else working again.

I know I haven't played with Mekanism since shortly after the extra ore with brine was added, but I thought the wind turbines weren't that easy. Sure after you had a stock of mats you can start rolling them out mid game or so.. lol I went ahead and added the other 2 mek mods, and Automagy, because I have been wanting to see how the new reactor that was just added a few updates ago, and everything I read it is hard to setup and maintain so it will not be cheap power. That, and every one keeps saying cheap, lazy, and easy power gen, but it seem the main source of power in this pack is just having a bank of Blood Dynamos thrown around.:p

If I can make it far enough to actually use Draconic Evolution I would want to setup the awesome max size energy storage, and the current power gen choices would take ALONG time to even scratch that.lol
That's just my two cents.. Happy Gaming Every one:)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
While searching this forum some people was asking about cobble gens. I found out if you set up a vanilla cobble gen, and place a Block breaker from MFR, 1 Blood Dynamo, and a storage draw right next to the block breaker it works great. I have 1 Mek tank full of blood going into the dynamo and it has produced 400+ cobble and it still has 3000+ blood in the tank.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
I just used the AE2 annihilation plane. An AE system is very easy to get set up in this pack once you get to a tier 3 altar. Don't use a network controller, just the place down the drive, put storage cells in, and attach a terminal via the smart cables. The controller uses a ton of extra power, and is only needed if you exceed 8 (iirc) devices on the network.
With just the drive, terminal, and annihilation plane, it's less power than most individual mekanism machines use up, and can easily be thrown on the end of the power setup you've got for them, fed by the blood dynamos.

Reactions: lok0143

Akio_Fukushima

Jul 29, 2019
I have one question:
How come the Runes of Superior Capacity have less of an increase than the Runes of Augmented Capacity?
The quest book says it's supposed to be an upgrade.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for beeing inactive this week. We had the Galactic Science Community Coop Server thingy and ofc IRL work ;)

Currently its a combination of the technomancy dynamos (blood,mana,nodes ....). But I have plans for something better and not so "spammy" ;)

I have one question:
How come the Runes of Superior Capacity have less of an increase than the Runes of Augmented Capacity?
The quest book says it's supposed to be an upgrade.

They add a percentage of the already avaible storage. Thats why i try to explain in the quests that you need to aim at a combination. My benchmark atlar holds around 65M LP.

http://imgur.com/a/J1PFv

Reactions: Akio_Fukushima

Aeternalis Mage

Jul 29, 2019
I can not get my portable tank to switch to bucket mode. I checked the control key binds and the config files and can't figure out where/how/why its disabled or not working.

EDIT: Nevermind im an idiot or my keyboard is messing up.... im going with the first one. i got it working

Last edited:

Aeternalis Mage

Jul 29, 2019
im getting an Agricraft mod rejection when trying to connect to hypo.mym.li do i need to use their launcher or just edit the pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.