1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

O

OversizedCouchPotato

Hey umm... This is a cool modpack. It is also Listed now, I believe. I can't find a good modpack to use, so can I use this one to make an adventure map? It's OK to say no. Bye!

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
So, I did a Hardcore run of the pack and got murder by a falling meteor. Now that I've started a new run, I'm insanely paranoid about getting stuck by a meteor again.

I covered my base with cobble, but that won't work for when I have to leave my base to get to the launchpad. Does anyone know if the impacts are survivable given enough armor? Is there a way to blast them out of the sky?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, I did a Hardcore run of the pack and got murder by a falling meteor. Now that I've started a new run, I'm insanely paranoid about getting stuck by a meteor again.

I covered my base with cobble, but that won't work for when I have to leave my base to get to the launchpad. Does anyone know if the impacts are survivable given enough armor? Is there a way to blast them out of the sky?

I had one go off fairly close to me and survived. I don't know about direct hits, though. One thing you could do is make your launch pad accessible by a covered path. You should be able to plop the rocket onto the launchpad and enter it without leaving the covered area.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I had one go off fairly close to me and survived. I don't know about direct hits, though. One thing you could do is make your launch pad accessible by a covered path. You should be able to plop the rocket onto the launchpad and enter it without leaving the covered area.
Yeah, I can't find anything in my searching explaining how it deals damage. If it was an explosion, I could enchant my armor with explosion resistance.

sacredsky14

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say that it's kinda annoying that after all that work getting the Stargate it's just impossible to fill a 10k limited blood altar to 100k blood... I don't know what to do to solve this issue.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I have to say that it's kinda annoying that after all that work getting the Stargate it's just impossible to fill a 10k limited blood altar to 100k blood... I don't know what to do to solve this issue.

Have you tried putting down a bucket of aspirin (Minechem fluid) in the world, standing in it, and going to town?

C

cakefoxy

Question; how do we go about making a private server, since the now-twitch app doesn't have the "download server" option any more?

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Question; how do we go about making a private server, since the now-twitch app doesn't have the "download server" option any more?

for the Orignal, here is the link to last November's update
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/galactic-science/files/2348197
Scroll down a little and you will see a zip file with the server contents

For Galactic Science 2 you will have to read the version descriptions and stay current with the server downloads yourself
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/galactic-science-2/files

G

GoMine1968

I love this pack - the desolate moon start is a good variant on the skyblock style start from nothing (similar to regrowth in a way)... I also like not having some very common mods to mix things up. It is possible to do this with the Galacticcraft 4 in 1.10 or are there key mods missing..

T

tcgjoe

What's the best way to set up a server with bases that gen when someone new logs in, that way everyone has their own?

K

kingdadrules

Great pack, keep the good work up.

I've just got to the point of using Zero Point Extractors. There seems to be a potential problem...

- I take no damage from them (doesDamage=true is set in config).
- They extract 64 RF per tick as per config & the RF Entangler fills up to 1,000,000 RF, but I cannot extract any RF from them using RF exciters.
If I attach an exciter to e.g. a stirling generator 5 blocks from Entangler it gets no RF from it. Any combo of attaching one to wires, devices, capacitor banks, etc does not work.

I'm using GS Version 1.6.4 downloaded 09/12/2017 which has QuantumFlux-1.7.10-1.3.4 included... this seems to be the only QF version for 1/7/10.

Am I doing something silly perhaps or is there an issue here?

M

MCCrystle

Hi! I started a modded server for me and my friend to play on, and when we spawned, we weren't near "Father's Moonbase" or the spawn building. Is there something I did wrong with mapping or is it in a different location and we didn't spawn near it.

If someone can let me know what exactly I did wrong, that would be great! (The version we're using is 1.6.4, Minecraft 1.7.10)

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I started a modded server for me and my friend to play on, and when we spawned, we weren't near "Father's Moonbase" or the spawn building. Is there something I did wrong with mapping or is it in a different location and we didn't spawn near it.

If someone can let me know what exactly I did wrong, that would be great! (The version we're using is 1.6.4, Minecraft 1.7.10)

Sounds like the server is not loading either the default or the observatory map. The default for a new minecraft server is to create a map and save it in the world directory. If that is the case you should just be able to replace the contents there with everything from the map folder of your choice. The server download I linked previously has both options saved in a folder called maps.

I posted the generic curseforge link in the past but this one is a complete download for the server and should be easier to setup.
https://github.com/MyM-ModpackTeam/GalacticScience/releases/tag/1.6.4