[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
:eek::eek::eek: Oooooo thats whole lot of new information to me!
I didnt know pyrolyse oven gives oil. I didnt built one because I didnt see use and needs for it. Woow I have to back to school ;) .
I didnt think about oil rig either. I thought it is one of the end game machines. I checked now and surprise! MV stage! Thank u kris449 :).
I am not affraid to fight Wither I am quite well geared, the issue is, so far I collected only 3 skulls which let me fight only one Wither, and to duplicate Nether stars I need two of them. If I am correct.

No you only need one. Look at the catalyst recipes carefully ;)

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone has created a good oil refining setup with the new GT update I would love to see/hear what you've done. It's taking me hours of flipping through NEI just to figure out a crude solution to automating the new cetane-diesel. I've gotten stuck at the ethenone, as it seems to require steam cracking, which I was hoping to avoid, and also there's a few distillery recipes which require 2 L of X (lightly steam cracked propane is one for sure) to work, but the distillery only has a tank size of 1 L (MV distillery has the same issue) which killed the setup I finally had landed on.

It really seems like you almost require bio/ethanol production or a pyroluse oven for the byproducts in order to get decent amounts of the stuff which just kind of seems weird.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone has created a good oil refining setup with the new GT update I would love to see/hear what you've done. It's taking me hours of flipping through NEI just to figure out a crude solution to automating the new cetane-diesel. I've gotten stuck at the ethenone, as it seems to require steam cracking, which I was hoping to avoid, and also there's a few distillery recipes which require 2 L of X (lightly steam cracked propane is one for sure) to work, but the distillery only has a tank size of 1 L (MV distillery has the same issue) which killed the setup I finally had landed on.

It really seems like you almost require bio/ethanol production or a pyroluse oven for the byproducts in order to get decent amounts of the stuff which just kind of seems weird.

Yeah I'm a little lost in the mess too. You can make ethanone out of biomass though if you don't want to do any cracking. any plant -> plantball -> plant mass -> bio chaff -> biomass -> fermented biomass -> acetic acid -> calcium acetate -> acetone -> ethanone. Still far from easy :p

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm a little lost in the mess too. You can make ethanone out of biomass though if you don't want to do any cracking. any plant -> plantball -> plant mass -> bio chaff -> biomass -> fermented biomass -> acetic acid -> calcium acetate -> acetone -> ethanone. Still far from easy :p

I didn't realize steam cracking was also required for polyethylene. So I'm going the ethylene & oxygen -> acetate (or acetone?) Method. And hopefully just automate the toggling of polyethylene production or ethenone.

Still not sure what I should end up doing with refinery gas, or the small amounts of butane, propane, ethane, and methane. Tempted to convert everything that I can to LPG; however refinery gas -> LPG didn't seem very efficient when I had looked.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
All I can say about the new update to oil is this:

If you're going to add this level of complexity involving fluids, update the damn fluid crafting mechanics. Requiring a fluid canning machine for every recipe is becoming incredibly tedious. I really hope an update to the basic chemical reactors involving multiple fluid inputs (not even sure this is possible without separate input hatches; which might be why it's relegated to the multiblock chem reactor) is coming so that I can tear down 90% of my build again.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
All I can say about the new update to oil is this:

If you're going to add this level of complexity involving fluids, update the damn fluid crafting mechanics. Requiring a fluid canning machine for every recipe is becoming incredibly tedious. I really hope an update to the basic chemical reactors involving multiple fluid inputs (not even sure this is possible without separate input hatches; which might be why it's relegated to the multiblock chem reactor) is coming so that I can tear down 90% of my build again.

Seems like what you're saying is "add a multiblock chemical reactor" while at the same time stating you're aware that one already exists?

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Nah I'm saying I'd like to see the existing chemical reactor add support for multiple fluid inputs. However I was stating that I could understand if it wasn't possible. Spamming a dozen 3x3x3 chemical reactor multiblocks doesn't really seem feasible anywhere near around the time you'd regularly need loads of oil refining; at least from previous experience.

Was mostly just venting; was really expecting much of a response.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
how I like this modpack everyone can check posts from 3rd page of this thread.
I am playing sp world, so I like to see how other players doing and handle this tough modpack and which ways they resolves different problems. Unfortunatelly, there are not many playthroughs on YT (especially SP) in English.
I found last week or so, new guy OCGTenno who start his new lets play with GT New Horizons. He seems to be new to modded MC, so its gonna be hard for him, but this guy really deserves much more likes :).
If this is not right place to post it, please let me know DM and I will delete it.
Thanks

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wanting this for years now. Is it legitimately a thing? :p

Oh yeah. GT++ adds some pretty cool stuff. I'm really excited about this update so far. Even though after almost 2 weeks of playing it, I still haven't made an advanced circuit >.>

Reactions: Pyure

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh boy.... The dire crafting table made...

I remember, few pages back, kriss449 posted, she is slowly working on this table... Now, after I finish mine one I understand, what slowly mean.

Reactions: kris449

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Version 1.5.0.3 10.07.2017

Mod Upgrade:

Adventurebackpack 0.9gbeta15
Binnies Mods 2.0.19
Gregtech 5.09.31.09a
GT Plus Plus 1.5.6
GT New Horizons Core Mod 1.4.16
Open Mods Lib 0.10.465
Open Modular Turrets 2.2.11-238
Thaumic Exploration 1.1.69-0
Thaumic Tinkerer 2.5-552

Code changes:

Core Mod (Can't use clay water bucket to make concrete #1642 https://github.com/GTNewHorizons/NewHorizons/issues/1642, add brocken records and sunnarium dust to gt macerator/pulverizer, Change Glass Dust recipe, )

Gregtech(Add GlassTube to Fluid Solidifier recipe, Quick fix item distributer, changes pngs molds, Fix superchest gui https://github.com/GTNewHorizons/NewHorizons/issues/1621, Carbon ingots #1632
https://github.com/GTNewHorizons/NewHorizons/issues/1632, enderpearl lense in mv #1641 https://github.com/GTNewHorizons/NewHorizons/issues/1641, cherry pick 26e8f2337fef692384a8513d335478a68cf31a5f
Fix another 2 formulas #1148, Light fuel produces to much energy #1634 https://github.com/GTNewHorizons/NewHorizons/issues/1634,https://github.com/GTNewHorizons/NewHorizons/issues/1636 Gallium #1636,
'LV-MV-Miner' , change circuits and Conveyor Belts from Item Distributers, Suggestion, rotor's #1618 https://github.com/GTNewHorizons/NewHorizons/issues/1618, Basic Circuit change, Merge pull request #27 from Antifluxfield/patch-2 Fix PE recipe, Fix the names of Data Access Hatches Cherry pick 36d481a2a00d349b8bbe17954f46035fb0369d9a)

Changed/added Recipes:

Extra Utilties(ExU transfer pipe upgrade is too expensive #1622)
Glacticraft(Tier 1 rocket engine uncraftable in 1.5.0.2 #1623)
Many Mods(Missing macerator recipes in 1.5.0 and above #1599)
ZZClient(Fix vals for zzCoin mold)

Config changes:

Core Mod(Diamond Block doest has a burn time #1627, )

Quests:

Add a mold Quest with all the new mold forms #1644, Quest: Wafers (Space Race first Quest) #1625, Tool Forge Quest should be MV #1626, [Quest] Extrude all the things MV #1633, [1.5.0.2] Extremely large number of products required in a quest. #1640 reduce all quests that need not more then 64 items, Forestry Farm till HV #1601, New quests re: bricked blast furnace #1614, Reinforce watering can #1608, fix quests for circuits, Merge pull request #1607 from damug/master Correcting spelling error in quest #53 "Hammer time v2", Suggestion for recipie change (diode / vacuum tube) #1600, Quest(s) AE system, EV #1604, Quests: Bronze Blast Furnace mentions #1603, Quest issue "Tool Forge#741" [1.5.0.2] #1606,

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh boy.... The dire crafting table made...

I remember, few pages back, kriss449 posted, she is slowly working on this table... Now, after I finish mine one I understand, what slowly mean.

Yeah, the rocket in some ways is easier than the table. Just get a bunch of explosives, and a bunch of aluminium/bronze/steel and put them all together. All that salis mundis, plus all the diamonds, bleh :p

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the rocket in some ways is easier than the table. Just get a bunch of explosives, and a bunch of aluminium/bronze/steel and put them all together. All that salis mundis, plus all the diamonds, bleh :p

EASIER!?!?!? why I didnt check rocket recipe before (around 3 months earlier). Steel ok, aluminium ok, bronze easy BUT all that TNT. I was already packed my luggage for Moon trip and... yeah it will take another while...

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
EASIER!?!?!? why I didnt check rocket recipe before (around 3 months earlier). Steel ok, aluminium ok, bronze easy BUT all that TNT. I was already packed my luggage for Moon trip and... yeah it will take another while...

Yes and then you need some certain other equipment to survive on the moon ;)

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL
S

SCP-114514

Wafer ok ok I can make it.
advanced wafer.... oh Glow wafer...more advanced EBF needed.
ok ok I must make Kantal . It's easy! eas.... oh... Vacuum freezer needed.
ok ok I make central memory. It's easy! eas.... [Clean room] What!?
It's so crazy....but I'm lovening it.

zerythe47

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a changelog for 1.5.0.4?

nevermind, found the announcement post on the pack forum.

Last edited: