1.7.10 FTB Pack News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterAtrophy

Jul 29, 2019
its just me , but for some reason I like 1.7.2 more that 1.7.10 .
will the newest packs be going right to 1.7.10 or 1.7.2 also ?
1.7.10 I get the no mobs glitch.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

There would be little reason to go to 1.7.2 as most mods immediately updated to .10. If they did make a .2 pack they would have to stop at the first release and more or less remake it from scratch.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
The thing that bugs me at this point in time is that I don't want to invest more time into 1.6.4 modpacks if the 1.7.10 packs are coming.
First world problems....

lightningbro

Jul 29, 2019
Will there be a pack that combines tech and magic? Yes
Will there be a pack that throws every popular mod at a wall and hopes they almost work together? No

That's a shame, I love those modpacks, (Ala Monster, Unleashed) but that's fine by me, you guys are already being nice enough to compile and troubleshoot the packs you guys have and are making. Besides, I tend to only play Dire-packs anyway so it doesn't effect me immensely.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
That's a shame, I love those modpacks, (Ala Monster, Unleashed) but that's fine by me, you guys are already being nice enough to compile and troubleshoot the packs you guys have and are making. Besides, I tend to only play Dire-packs anyway so it doesn't effect me immensely.
That's the point though - there will be a 1.7 Direwolf pack that will essentially be like Monster. Most of the content in the 1.6.4 DW20 pack was also in Monster. I can see why they aren't making their own, as there will be an all-the-things pack available on the launcher anyway. If they can save some dev time that they could spend working on a pack that really interests them, or spending some time with friends and family, then of course they'll take it.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That's the point though - there will be a 1.7 Direwolf pack that will essentially be like Monster. Most of the content in the 1.6.4 DW20 pack was also in Monster. I can see why they aren't making their own, as there will be an all-the-things pack available on the launcher anyway. If they can save some dev time that they could spend working on a pack that really interests them, or spending some time with friends and family, then of course they'll take it.

Actually that was only for the initial release. A lot of stuff was added to monster in later updates.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
If you go peruse the third party pack forums you will find there are already packs that contain far too many mods to be stable or balanced in any reasonable fashion.

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019

IMHO, 1.7.2 was much buggier than 1.7.10, particularly with the double music bug and a fairly high amount of lag. I don't know about your no-mobs bug, but I suggest you reinstall your 1.7.10 jar by deleting your versions/1.7.10/ folder. (WARNING: This will delete any base edit mods put into that version.)

As for mods, most that have updated to 1.7.x have either skipped 1.7.2 or simply no longer support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.