[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
What are the options for high volume liquid storage before AE2? Railcraft tanks?
Railcraft tanks, TE Resonant Portable tank, or ExU drums.

But overall RC Tanks would be the way to go and if you have the resources then go for a steel tank because they hold more fluid.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft tanks, TE Resonant Portable tank, or ExU drums.

But overall RC Tanks would be the way to go and if you have the resources then go for a steel tank because they hold more fluid.

I can't imagine too many situations where you'd actually NEED more than the 256 buckets of fluid storage you can get in a single block (drum), so I'm not sure what benefit you'd get in spreading that out over a giant multiblock RC tank. Plus, there's always the bedrockium drum if you really, really need more.

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I can't imagine too many situations where you'd actually NEED more than the 256 buckets of fluid storage you can get in a single block (drum), so I'm not sure what benefit you'd get in spreading that out over a giant multiblock RC tank. Plus, there's always the bedrockium drum if you really, really need more.
Showing off? Easier to craft, unless you got several extruders / days to make cobble :p

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Showing off? Easier to craft, unless you got several extruders / days to make cobble :p

Transfer node cobble generator + world interaction upgrades (cheap) dumping into a few cyclic assemblers. Automatic and (in the grand scheme of things) fast quadruple compressed cobble for bedrockium.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I personally like using the RC tanks because they look really cool. I just wish Railcraft allowed you to change the amount of buckets that each block space holds.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I personally like using the RC tanks because they look really cool. I just wish Railcraft allowed you to change the amount of buckets that each block space holds.
Sometimes doing it just because.. I don't always build for efficiency but because it looks cool or I haven't used it in a long time.

hadrosak

Jul 29, 2019
Well i am into forestry, and i want to store my excess ethanol and other stuff. However i agree that in most cases drum is enough :).

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Utilities is all about those 1-block machines

64x generators are such a load
Yah they are really convenient. Also with the latest EnderIO you can make a Vibrant Capacitor Bank that can input all of the Energy From a 64x Nether Star generator.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Is the blue power timer going to be fixed? It rarely sends its signal out through the wires. I cant automate anything with it.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Is the blue power timer going to be fixed? It rarely sends its signal out through the wires. I cant automate anything with it.
Hmm afaik there have been no new versions of bluepower publicly available. It might already be fixed in the latest source on GitHub. I think they haven't pushed a new version because they are working on a new multipart system. I've been debating to just add RedLogic because it's pretty stable (I already am using it in Lite Galaxy :p).