[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

DarkKronos

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to remove all magic mods to make this a pure technology pack? Every time I try and remove Blood Magic it says its required to load the pack.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to remove all magic mods to make this a pure technology pack? Every time I try and remove Blood Magic it says its required to load the pack.
You also need to remove Sanguimancy since it depends on Blood Magic. Other than that all magic mods besides Thaumcraft can be removed. Thaumcraft can also be removed, but you need to edit the angel ring recipe.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing with some fractal ore generation from the new CoFHCore and it's pretty interesting. Somebody on reddit posted this, which makes me quite interested with the playstyle that comes with HUGE veins of super rare ores like in Terrafirmacraft.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Keep an eye out myself and TheOnlyBentley (officially we are known as Not Ready for Primetime) will be posting our Co-op LP of this pack starting Wed around 4pm Central US time. We are having fun playing this pack and you might see an uptick in downloads.

Reactions: Yulife

Westiex

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/lwzjhWk

Basically you have a source of renewable energy being dumped into a electrolytic separator. This will produce hydrogen and oxygen gas; hydrogen is sent directly into the gas-burning generator and oxygen can be dumped into a gas tank. The trick is to limit the amount of energy being sent back to produce more hydrogen. This is why I use the lowest tier (red) energy conduits to dump energy into the electrolytic separator and then use the second tier (orange) conduits to extract the energy from the gas-burning generator. If you use the same tier conduits it will not create a positive energy loop. The setup in that picture takes 80 RF/t of renewable energy and produces over 1000 RF/t in addition to oxygen gas that you can use. Hope that clears it up!
)

Hi ChatFawkes,

I'm not sure if this was an intentional nerf or not - back in 0.5.3 of the modpack you had the HydrogenEnergyDensity value in the mekanism config set to 2000 - however in the most recent version its back to 200.

Just curious if this is intended or not.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hi ChatFawkes,

I'm not sure if this was an intentional nerf or not - back in 0.5.3 of the modpack you had the HydrogenEnergyDensity value in the mekanism config set to 2000 - however in the most recent version its back to 200.

Just curious if this is intended or not.
Yes this is supposed to be the default value for Mekanism. They set it to 2000 in an early 1.7 version, but lowered it back down to 200. So I changed to match in order to keep the balance.

0.7.1 Sneak Peak: Seems like my rockets ended up in some strange compact room ;)
M4YDCZU.png

kingdomlol

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a server for this modpack? :)

Also, whenever I open up the modpack, there are no mods inside the folder? Help please?

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
oh geeze I just installed Compact machines for myself hours ago.
Opencomputers too. I love the recipes.

I feel like there should be a block blacklist inside a Compact Machine though. Don't exactly want a Big Reactor inside one of those on my server. Kinda lame.

Sans Salination Tower, I'm trying to see how small of a Compact Machine I can fit a Mekanism 5x ore processing line in. Max size would be easy.

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
ChatFawkes, I was wondering about something. Since Binnie Mods are fairly unstable at the moment, wouldn't be possible to switch it for GenDustry and if it isn't too much work, I can help :p , make Bacon configs to replace Binnie bees?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
ChatFawkes, I was wondering about something. Since Binnie Mods are fairly unstable at the moment, wouldn't be possible to switch it for GenDustry and if it isn't too much work, I can help :p , make Bacon configs to replace Binnie bees?
I will be keeping Binnie's Mods in the pack. Even with two people working on custom bees it would take a long time to do all the bees that ExtraBees has (it has over 100 bees). Also it adds much more than just the bees which is another reason I don't want to take it out. @SamRaven2 made a small fix that allows you to use Binnie's Mods with the latest version of Railcraft. I'll have to get permission before I add that (should be in 0.7.1). Hopefully Binnie returns to update his mods to be compatible with the latest versions of other mods. It would be really nice if Binnie's Mods was open source though :/

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
It would be really nice if Binnie's Mods was open source though :/
True that, just was wondering because I don't want to break the pack's progression :p
Would be possible to post the fix in this thread? I only find the temporal fix to just place the BC Api from Railcraft 9.3 into Binnie.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Can I find luanrium on moon in new version of pack? I setup quarry 5x5 chunks and find nothing.
You should be able to find it in the bottom 16 layers.

Also 0.7.1 is live on my website and Technic now. Waiting for permission for one mod before I submit it to FTB though.