[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to be the realistic replier here...

First off, this forum is for the FTB/Curse launcher, and many of us, like myself, have no experience with the Technic Launcher.

Secondly, this thread is for the Flux Galaxy mod pack, and I'm quite certain neither the Flux Galaxy mod pack creator, nor almost anyone that would read this thread, has any insights into the Nova Galaxy mod pack.

Your best bet would be to contact the creator of Nova Galaxy and ask him to submit it to the Curse/FTB launcher, if you want it to be available on Curse.

Actually considering @ChatFawkes Flux site links to Nova and vice versa+the sites are identical layouts and copyright to him, I would say it is one of his packs that is currently in the works and that it is also listing him as the creator on the technic site it IS one of his packs.

@bugmenot Only ChatFawkes can answer IF or when its coming out on FTB/Curse

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Been busy IRL these past two months so sorry for the delayed responses (and also I may or may not have been playing modded GTA V :p)

@bugmenot: No I won't be releasing Nova Galaxy on FTB/Curse. Also I'd appreciate it if you could keep discussion about that in the relevant places/forums for it (there is a discuss tab on the modpack page on Technic and also on a thread for it on the Technic Forums)

I will be releasing 0.8.4 later this week. It will probably be a recommended version (meaning it will be on FTB) and will be the last version on Forge 1307. The next series of latest/development versions will start using one of the newer Forge versions with the Fluid changes and loading bar.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
The server I play on is having a really big issue. Some how the planets bugged out and we can't go to them. The server has a /home command that we use to be able to get to the moon and mars since launching in a rocket has been broken since the mod pack was released. But now we can't even teleport there. The game crashes and we just keep crashing every time we try to log in until an admin sends us back to spawn. No one has any clue whats causing it. Hoping someone here might have some insight on it.

hadrosak

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, what would you recommend for villager spawning? is there something else then vanilla mechanics?

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, what would you recommend for villager spawning? is there something else then vanilla mechanics?

I dont think there is anything in the modpack that provides an alternate way to spawn villagers. If there is, it may be in Witchery, since that mod does the most with villagers.

Kirbykey

Jul 29, 2019
I know this may be the wrong place to post this,
but I'm playing this modpack through the technic launcher, and he just updated it to .8.3 and it failed and deleted all of my mods and I cannot get into the technic pack page for Flux Galaxy. Is it down?

Kirbykey

Jul 29, 2019
this sucks,
I just got into ae crafting
I was about to start automating EVERYTHING

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

30wolf03

Jul 29, 2019
I really hope that does not mean that this pack and his other pack are discontinued.
I love the idea behind the modpacks and how they almost feel like one game instead of a lot of separate mods.
I was planning to start a private server with my friends because this is the modpack i enjoyed the most.

I hope we get some kind of statement about what is going on.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've been using your modpack for my experiments with world types and mods. My latest experiment is on an amplified world. I just want to know if you change the way that machine frames are made, because my recipe says that it requires steel, and I can't find steel anywhere nor can I make it.

vsilvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've been using your modpack for my experiments with world types and mods. My latest experiment is on an amplified world. I just want to know if you change the way that machine frames are made, because my recipe says that it requires steel, and I can't find steel anywhere nor can I make it.
This pack is using Tinkers' Steelworks, you have to build an High Oven.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a problem. I looked what a high oven was, and it seems that you need to created with scorched bricks, and in order to make that, you need a smeltery.

the problem is I don't have a smeltery. In order to make a smeltery you need seared bricks, in order to make seared bricks you need grout, and in order to make grout, you need clay. Clay is very hard to find. you either have to go dredging for it under water, or dig for it, and I didn't want to do either. What I wanted to do is to make a steam dynamo to power my induction smelter so that I could get slag, then I would use slag to create the clay I wanted.

Is there another way to create clay if not from slag?

Last edited:

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a problem. I looked what a high oven was, and it seems that you need to created with scorched bricks, and in order to make that, you need a smeltery.

the problem is I don't have a smeltery. In order to make a smeltery you need seared bricks, in order to make seared bricks you need grout, and in order to make grout, you need clay. Clay is very hard to find. you either have to go dredging for it under water, or dig for it, and I didn't want to do either. What I wanted to do is to make a steam dynamo to power my induction smelter so that I could get slag, then I would use slag to create the clay I wanted.

Or you can build a tiny 1x1 smeltery, then melt down cobblestone (compressed works even better) and get enough seared stone to build a normal sized smeltery. I am not sure if you can use the seared stone to make the scorched bricks but if not it at least saves you the resources you will need for high oven.

*Edit* You can always use bees to get clay

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019

Botania's clayconias can turn sand into clay, the most it needs is an earth rune, some petals and some mana and it is 1 to 1 sand to clay ball.

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019

This modpack has been designed to gate various mod items behind certain other mod progression and space travel (as the OP indicates). As far as steel is concerned, in various playthroughs I have done, I always go through a rather extensive exploration phase prior to settling down. This exploration phase lasts until I find enough steel (in villager chests) to make the Mekanism blocks required for steel production, thus circumventing the Tinkers requirements entirely. However, that will be more difficult on an amplified world, as it messes with a lot of mod world gen, let alone the general difficulty in navigating an amplified world.

Shiftus

Jul 29, 2019
Excuse me, will Flux Galaxy be added to the Curse Launcher, or only available through the FTB Legacy launcher?