[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I also noticed that Thaumcraft's Eldrich lands are dimension -104, so I had to change the ExtraUtilities id from -104 to -110 for the Last Millennium dimension.
That config for the Eldritch Lands dimension ID was eventually removed (dunno why). I just forgot to remove it when I updated Thaumcraft a long time ago. If you refresh the config you will see it doesn't exist, so there is no need to change the Last Millennium dimension ID. I will remove that in the next update.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
How do I craft the Charcoal Block from Mekanism? The recipe is only crafting Block of Charcoal from Tinkers.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using Ender IO's ender rails to teleport to/from Moon/Mars etc. It works pretty well. Not sure if it's intended that they be enabled since other teleport methods are disabled. (Like Mekanism)

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
3 weeks later... an update! (so much for weekly updates :p)

0.8.3 is available as a latest version on Technic. Over 40 mods were updated. Galacticraft Wafer recipes have been changed to use the Alloy Smelter now. All Rolling Machine recipes for Galacticraft compressed plates use the Ore Dictionary now. Also Compressed Iron, Copper, Tin, and Steel recipes have been changed to use the Rolling Machine directly instead of the crafting recipe with Railcraft plates.

Links:
0.8.3 Changelog
0.8.3 Full Config Changes
0.8.3 Direct Server Download
0.8.3 Direct Client Download

Reactions: BMB78

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Sp flux Capacitors cant be used on Tools anymore? I just tried to add both a Redstone flux and a Hardened one onto my hammer and pick, both have a durability of over 20k.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Sp flux Capacitors cant be used on Tools anymore? I just tried to add both a Redstone flux and a Hardened one onto my hammer and pick, both have a durability of over 20k.
They should work, my first idea is do you have two modifier slots free? Because Iguana Tweaks is configured to make the flux upgrade require two slots to add instead of one like every other modifier, a durability of 10k should be all that's needed for even resonant capacitors though so that shouldn't be the issue.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
They should work, my first idea is do you have two modifier slots free? Because Iguana Tweaks is configured to make the flux upgrade require two slots to add instead of one like every other modifier, a durability of 10k should be all that's needed for even resonant capacitors though so that shouldn't be the issue.
No they dont have 2 slots free, just one. That might be the issue.

Also, back to my upper question. How do I craft the Mekanism Charcoal Block? The recipe is only making Tinkers Block of Charcoal.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
Also, back to my upper question. How do I craft the Mekanism Charcoal Block? The recipe is only making Tinkers Block of Charcoal.
Why do you need the Mekanism charcoal block? The two types should be interchangable in recipes / as fuel. I can't see a way to make the Mekanism version except cheating them in.

If it's really important you could add CraftingManager to your setup. In a vanilla crafting table, it allows you to switch between conflicting recipes.

Last edited:

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you need the Mekanism charcoal block? The two types should be interchangable in recipes / as fuel. I can't see a way to make the Mekanism version except cheating them in.

If it's really important you could add CraftingManager to your setup. In a vanilla crafting table, it allows you to switch between conflicting recipes.

purely for aesthetic reasons. the charcoal block has a different texture from Block of charcoal that fits with my base.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
purely for aesthetic reasons. the charcoal block has a different texture from Block of charcoal that fits with my base.
isnt there a mod that allows multiple items for one recipe or something? i think it only works with vanilla tables and the 2x2 but i think that works.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
isnt there a mod that allows multiple items for one recipe or something? i think it only works with vanilla tables and the 2x2 but i think that works.
Indeed, I even think it was in this pack but removed at one point. Can't remember what it was but as soon as @ChatFawkes wanders through they can probably tell you if I'm remembering correctly. I think it was mainly useful for a conflict in crafting a single coal/charcoal from memory, one mod allowed splitting into 8 single smelt items and galacticraft added raw carbon or something.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, I even think it was in this pack but removed at one point. Can't remember what it was but as soon as @ChatFawkes wanders through they can probably tell you if I'm remembering correctly. I think it was mainly useful for a conflict in crafting a single coal/charcoal from memory, one mod allowed splitting into 8 single smelt items and galacticraft added raw carbon or something.
no more recipe conflict was the name i believe

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Yup the mod is No More Recipe Conflict if you want to use it. I originally included it because there were a few recipes that conflicted (the chisel, screwdriver, and trovel for example). Those ended up getting fixed, so I decided to remove the mod. @YomiRizer I think you can use the Oredictionificator to convert it to the Mekanism Charcoal Block. I can add a shapeless conversion recipe in the next version if the Oredictionificator doesn't work

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Yup the mod is No More Recipe Conflict if you want to use it. I originally included it because there were a few recipes that conflicted (the chisel, screwdriver, and trovel for example). Those ended up getting fixed, so I decided to remove the mod. @YomiRizer I think you can use the Oredictionificator to convert it to the Mekanism Charcoal Block. I can add a shapeless conversion recipe in the next version if the Oredictionificator doesn't work

i play on a server so unless the mod is client side i cant use it. i also found out that i cant make fragmented carbon from galacticraft using charcoal because it conflicts with ztones recipe for mini charcoal, and the game chooses that one to use. Same with Coal, it uses ztones Mini coal.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
When will this pack on FTB Launcher? I can not run this pack from Technic Launcher. (Sorry for my "google translate english")
I'm going to be the realistic replier here...

First off, this forum is for the FTB/Curse launcher, and many of us, like myself, have no experience with the Technic Launcher.

Secondly, this thread is for the Flux Galaxy mod pack, and I'm quite certain neither the Flux Galaxy mod pack creator, nor almost anyone that would read this thread, has any insights into the Nova Galaxy mod pack.

Your best bet would be to contact the creator of Nova Galaxy and ask him to submit it to the Curse/FTB launcher, if you want it to be available on Curse.