[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
What mod add small arrow near crafting window? It help to change output of recipe into another oredict item.
P.S. Why don't you replace dim anchors with cofh chunks? Dim anchors has an annoying bug. It chunkloader dont load chunks in other dimension on world start.
The small arrow is added by No More Recipe Conflict.

I'll look into that bug with Dimensional Anchors.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
What machines do you have?

I personally either use Mekanism bio generators or the heat generators.
i tried the bio gens. 20 of them couldnt power the 5 machines total i had. I have the basic machines from Ender io, and TE. An ME drive, a farming station and 2 Metalurgic Infusers. Only the farming station and me drive runs all the time. The other machines are just used sporadically.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I would put the farming station on a timer to only run once every 5 minutes for about 30 seconds using some redstone conduit and your timer of choice

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
I would put the farming station on a timer to only run once every 5 minutes for about 30 seconds using some redstone conduit and your timer of choice
the power monitor says im outputing 0.4 rf/t and inputing 645 rf/t. Is the power monitor and capacitor bank just not working properly?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I would go to the farming station and get a reading off it directly, even when Idle I believe it eats power

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
I would go to the farming station and get a reading off it directly, even when Idle I believe it eats power
I switched from the capacitor bank to a redstone energy cell. the cell is at full and is staying there, with the same machines running.

EDIT

It is the capacitor banks. I just noticed, in my inventory they are completely full. but when i hook them up they have no power.

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I switched from the capacitor bank to a redstone energy cell. the cell is at full and is staying there, with the same machines running.

EDIT

It is the capacitor banks. I just noticed, in my inventory they are completely full. but when i hook them up they have no power.
So did you manage to get them fixed or are they still empty?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hey just a PSA for those using Technic: You need to reinstall the pack because the old one got deleted. You can either go here: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/fluxgalaxy.560255/

or you can search for FluxGalaxy in the Technic Launcher (in the Modpacks tab).

Your worlds are located in the ".technic/modpacks/flux-galaxy/saves/" folder. Move them to the ".technic/modpacks/fluxgalaxy/saves/" folder after you have installed the new pack.

If you don't want to re-download everything just rename the "flux-galaxy" folder to "fluxgalaxy" (these are located in /.technic/modpacks). After changing the folder just install the new pack and it will launch the new pack without downloading all the mods again and you will also have your worlds available.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Somethings wrong. I turned on my steam dynamos this morning and my fps dropped by 50 and wont go back up until i turn them off.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Somethings wrong. I turned on my steam dynamos this morning and my fps dropped by 50 and wont go back up until i turn them off.
Hmm that is probably something that is an issue with Thermal Expansion. If you can confirm it's an issue the best thing to do would be to go their IRC channel and probably report it to skyboy or another dev.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm that is probably something that is an issue with Thermal Expansion. If you can confirm it's an issue the best thing to do would be to go their IRC channel and probably report it to skyboy or another dev.

if it is with TE, then ill need to get a new power source. I'm able to get to the moon now. So how good is the solar generators compared to the hp boiler? Trying to farm Meteoric iron is a pita, so i wanna know before i start working on that. lol.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
if it is with TE, then ill need to get a new power source. I'm able to get to the moon now. So how good is the solar generators compared to the hp boiler? Trying to farm Meteoric iron is a pita, so i wanna know before i start working on that. lol.
Well the Advanced Solar Generators is where it's at. Those produce 250 RF/t, but those are unlocked at Mars.

Here is a setup I just made on my server:
4eb81e778d.png

Those are 10 Mekanism Heat Generators making a total of 550 RF/t. However, the Dimensional Transceiver has a 25% power loss, so it comes out to about 412 RF/t that I get in the overworld. The heat generators are quite cheap to make and this setup I have can easily be expanded. They each make 55 RF/t because they get 30 RF/t for being in the Nether and 5 RF/t for each side that is adjacent to lava.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
I think the drop in ym fps might have been from Ender IO's Pressurized Fluid conduits, not the Dynamos. I switched the conduits for mekanisms mechanical tubes and my fps hasnt dropped with my dynamos running.

Xexanos

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I just started playing your modpack and really love it. But I realized, that it is not possible to get grout with red sand. Is that intentional? If not could you please add a recipe to make that possible?