[1.7.10] Expedition - Exploration, Tech, Magic (v1.1.3 - Updated 25 March 2016)

davecats

Jul 29, 2019
Love this pack. Suuuuuper cheaty on my preferred peaceful, rocking a tartarite pickaxe I found in the first five minutes

Sent from a slightly rusty phone of brickkish nature somewhere in Neptune nine years ago. Or something.

Tristan379

Jul 29, 2019
Not entirely sure how the creator missed this one, but invtweaks and mousetweaks do the exact same scroll functionality, only with reversed controls, meaning that trying to scroll items between inventories with both enabled makes scroll-moving items functionally useless, as scrolling moves the item one direction, and then immediately back to where it came. Scrolling items through your inventory to craft/hotbar is even crazier. To fix it without removing mousetweaks, which is actually useful, all you have to do is go to the mousetweaks config and change WheelTweak to 0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashendale
Z

Zaddirak

Hello Welsknight!

The pack has been incredible and I haven't had too many issues.. But I've just ran into what seems to be a major issue and need help ASAP-

I was flying my hang glider and had landed on the side of a tower, but because of lag, the game had not registered my landing correctly.. This resulted in a "fall" damage death.

Here's the problem- This tower does not allow me to break blocks around it, therefore rendering me unable to break the gravestone and retrieve all my items.

I can't even continue playing right now because I'm unbelievably far from my base, I NEED to retrieve these items.

If you could provide a command or even a specific in-game task to fix this, it'd be extremely appreciated.

Anyways, thank you for all the hard work you've put into creating what is surely my favorite modpack of all time!

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Welsknight!

The pack has been incredible and I haven't had too many issues.. But I've just ran into what seems to be a major issue and need help ASAP-

I was flying my hang glider and had landed on the side of a tower, but because of lag, the game had not registered my landing correctly.. This resulted in a "fall" damage death.

Here's the problem- This tower does not allow me to break blocks around it, therefore rendering me unable to break the gravestone and retrieve all my items.

I can't even continue playing right now because I'm unbelievably far from my base, I NEED to retrieve these items.

If you could provide a command or even a specific in-game task to fix this, it'd be extremely appreciated.

Anyways, thank you for all the hard work you've put into creating what is surely my favorite modpack of all time!

If it is the tower I am thinking of.. there is a block that if you destroy it, it will enable you to break other blocks in the tower, which will probably let you get at your grave.

Z

Zaddirak

If it is the tower I am thinking of.. there is a block that if you destroy it, it will enable you to break other blocks in the tower, which will probably let you get at your grave.

Well, after many attempts to fix the issue, I discovered there is a certain style of carved stone blocks that are the only breakable blocks of the tower. Once I broke all of them, I was able to break not only the other blocks of the tower, but my grave as well!

Thank you for that bit of info, probably wouldn't have gotten my stuff back without it!

S

SeanAkira

my not enough items mod isn't working. Why? it says it is there but it doesnt show

Tim Madisun

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great pack, thanks for setting it up so well. I enjoy that it's a bit more challenging than most, whilst adding the exploration element and without Big Reactors (I mod that I adore) means I have to think outside my usual zone of comfort to create power. Will be looking forward to tackling Deep Resonance as I usually just build a giant reactor.

Is there any idea on whether or not we'll get the 1.8 version of the enchanting? I notice that this was on the playthough, and it looks like it's been removed due to a conflict with the division sigil working correctly.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I remember during Welsknights last LP episode with this modpack, he said he would be updating it once more then that was it.

Reactions: Tim Madisun
C

Cralis

I haven't seen anyone talk about this, but I'm using the latest Curse version of Expedition and I can't place seeds into agricraft crop sticks. It acts like it is working but the seed is not used and is not planted. I tried farm soil, garden soil, both tilled and untilled. What am I doing wrong?

Xellik

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen anyone talk about this, but I'm using the latest Curse version of Expedition and I can't place seeds into agricraft crop sticks. It acts like it is working but the seed is not used and is not planted. I tried farm soil, garden soil, both tilled and untilled. What am I doing wrong?
This might be a silly question/response but have you analyzed the seeds first? I'm pretty sure you can't place seeds into crops without analyzing them.

Does anyone have proper configs for the potion IDs? This is bugging me more than it should, just wondering before I decide to go and delve into the configs myself.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have proper configs for the potion IDs? This is bugging me more than it should, just wondering before I decide to go and delve into the configs myself.

What I did was delete the individual potion id assignments in the AM2 and Witchery config files, then in the Witchery file I told it to start at 200 for Witchery potion ids. Bookshelf expands the potionid array size so those ids are available. Witchery does throw a warning for each item because minecraft is limited to 128 by default? The ids are still set according to a potion dump from NEI.

Haven't tested extensively beyond looking at the csv to make sure those potions are still there and eating something to make sure I'm well-fed instead of conductive.

I've never played around with potionids before though so this may be a really bad thing to do. Maybe somebody with more experience will chime in. :)

C

Cralis

Yes, I have analyzed the seeds. All the basic seeds are 1/1/1 but the Pam's seeds I got out of the village are all around 3/3/3.

But I can't put anything in the crops. I can put vanilla seeds in regular tilled soil, as well as carrots and potatoes. But that doesn't help with any of the Pam's stuff.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new world yesterday, have wheat/potato/carrots in crop sticks.

http://i.imgur.com/SMLEYT5.jpg

For minicio NEI says tilled garden soil is required, will test that next. Oh and that is Garden Core garden soil, not Ztones garden soil, it appears.

Update: Yes, the various Magic Crops are growing fine with crop sticks on top of tilled garden soil.

Last edited:
C

Cralis

For minicio NEI says tilled garden soil is required, will test that next. Oh and that is Garden Core garden soil, not Ztones garden soil, it appears.

Ok that worked for the Vanilla crops, but I still can't seem to plant the Pam's crops. It looks like those need ztones garden soil? Is this a dictionary thing (or lack thereof) or is there a reason for the difference?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Ok that worked for the Vanilla crops, but I still can't seem to plant the Pam's crops. It looks like those need ztones garden soil? Is this a dictionary thing (or lack thereof) or is there a reason for the difference?

I'm assuming it is on purpose. Anyhow you can plant Pam's fine on ztones garden soil. It doesn't need to be tilled, just place it and put crop sticks on it. Just tried it with peanuts, worked fine.

In other news I really liked that starter prefab house so much I built another, bigger one for a small machine room. Pick up a few more of those instant things, they're pretty cool since they're relatively rare and can't be crafted(I think).

http://i.imgur.com/sT39Obw.jpg

Becoming addicted to the Immersive Engineering wiring system. Looks great, works great.

Last edited:

Xellik

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming it is on purpose. Anyhow you can plant Pam's fine on ztones garden soil. It doesn't need to be tilled, just place it and put crop sticks on it. Just tried it with peanuts, worked fine.

In other news I really liked that starter prefab house so much I built another, bigger one for a small machine room. Pick up a few more of those instant things, they're pretty cool since they're relatively rare and can't be crafted(I think).

http://i.imgur.com/sT39Obw.jpg

Becoming addicted to the Immersive Engineering wiring system. Looks great, works great.

Looking good! I love the IE cables as well, I try not to use any other power transfer methods if I have access to IE and its lovely cables

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Malisis Doors has a bunch of recipe conflicts with other mods. I tried just disabling bits of it but kept running into other conflicts so disabled the mod entirely. Blackout cloth and fencing are a couple of examples. Hopefully it isn't used extensively in any of the worldgen buildings or instant prefabs.

Also added MachineMuse's Numina library which I use to remove the FoV changes from haste.