[1.7.10]EnhancedServerModeration

mysticdrew

Jul 29, 2019
0.9.3 update 9/28/14
---
All commands supported included modded commands.
new /played commands for users to see played time.
added localization for en_US. Report any broken translations.
added tab completion to all ESM Admin commands.

0.7.6 update 9/24/14
---
Added the group functionality with commands.
Added /playerinfo command.
ESM now creates and saves a UUID for the world. It sends it to the client when requested, This is for JourneyMap 5.0+ so we can now have separate maps for each world! Thank Techbrew for giving supplying me with what I need to so send him!
Few minor changes. They are all listed in the repo.
---
Run a forge server and don't have all the permission tools that Bukkit servers have?
Well I came up with a solution for my own server. I wanted a couple users to be able to whitelist new folks with out giving those users level 3 admin rights.

EnhancedServerModeration allows admins to give specific commands to players. Currently this release only has the whitelist command. This is a core release, the core of the mod is mostly done. I just need to add the groups feature.

Groups are a planned feature that you can give a group a set of commands and add a user to the group. The user will have access to all the commands of the group.

I have also created an API that other mod developers can register their commands with ESM so admins can give those commands to players. The api also allows command addon mods, create your custom commands to be used with ESM.

I plan on adding all the vanilla commands to ESM and some custom commands of my own. I also what suggestions for commands or features. I am actively developing this mod with new builds daily. If you are a server admin and want access to test builds please contact me.

Here is the link on Curse. http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/224460-enhanced-server-moderation

Thanks, and enjoy!

Last edited:

mysticdrew

Jul 29, 2019
I will have a new build out tomorrow. All vanilla commands can now be handled by the permission system. They work like normal unless the they are granted to the user.

mysticdrew

Jul 29, 2019
I also need suggestions for new things to add, I will keep updating and adding things to this mod as long as I have things to add. It would be nice to have a one stop shop for your forge admin tools!

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
World borders and chunk pregeneration. ACT by ProfMobius already does this, but having everything done in one mod would be great. Also, world edit/world guard functionality would be awesome. Being able to blacklist certain words/ phrases and determine an automatic response for them, and something like VanishNoPacket.

Reactions: pc_assassin

mysticdrew

Jul 29, 2019
Good ideas! I will look into adding that stuff. I like the idea of VanishNoPacket. I will see if I can add something like that for sure.

I need to find and fix bugs, this week is mostly going to be bug fixing and planning for what features I will be adding over the following two weeks.

Features that I already have planned:

Personalized MOTD for users when they log in, this will also handle disabling radar and/or cavemod for mods like voxelmap and journeymap.

In game message mail! Is one of your friends not online but want to send them a message /mail user title <some message> when they log in they will see "You have Mail!(#). They use /getmail and it shows a list of mail messages then use /getmail # to get the message.

A permission system. Basically a true/false type of system for determining permissions. An example would be /permission user allowradar when the user logs in it would check to see if they have the allowradar permission, if they do it would not send a disable radar motd to the user. I would open this up with an API for other mod developers to use.

Blacklisted commands, currently ESM does the vanilla check when a user executes a command. If vanilla says it's ok, it allows it. If vanilla says no, then it checks the user's available commands and then the user's groups to look for the command. Blacklisting a command would prevent vanilla's check so it always fails and relies on ESM Command permission system. This will be useful if a mod adds a command that everyone gets to use that the admin may not want everyone to have access to.

Plus have I have a bunch of internal changes to work on, the way I handle the controlling of all the commands is not the best way and may cause issues with other mods if they do funny stuff to ServerCommandManager.class. So far I have tested several mod packs and my personal pack and have been able to resolve the issues. But that only equates to about 250 mods. I wanted to avoid having a coremod, but I may have to go that route. Actually I know I will if I implement some of the request features. We'll see though.

Big thing right now, I need help testing! Make sure ESM works with all the mods on your servers. If you want access to dev releases, please contact me.

Reactions: Wagon153

mysticdrew

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a busy week so I haven't got much coding done. A few things I did get done and what I am currently working on.
The broken help command, you know when you have a a bunch of mods and the help command doesn't work anymore? Well I fixed it!
I fixed a few localization issues.
I started working on chat stuff, I will be working on a filter this week I think. I will also allow users to change the color of their name in chat, vanilla is boring, it's all white. So I will be providing an option of users to change the color of their name. It will only be allowed via config, but admins will be allowed to change colors of users.

Regarding the filter, I will implement it in a way that if a user says something that is blacklisted it will give them some kind of point with a point system. I will have a config set up where admins can add blacklisted words, how long points last on a user and what happens when they reach so many points. It could be a chat mute, to a kick, or ban/temp ban.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
  • If your modpack is distributed via a big name launcer(FTB, ATLauncher, etc.) and has separate client and server downloads. You must contact me to get permission to include ESM.

mysticdrew

Jul 29, 2019
Yea in the PACK, I currently don't want ESM to be distributed through packs because it is still in early stage development. Any admin can throw it on their server if they want.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to word that differently then even adding "in the modpack" on the very end clarifies it.

mysticdrew

Jul 29, 2019
I got a PM about forge version. I decided to respond publicly so everyone knows.
Current ESM release is built with forge 10.13.0.1208. I tested and it does in fact work with forge version:10.13.1.1219. I will continue to build with 1208 until the next versions are recommended. It is currently forward compatible, but I am not sure if it will remain backwards compatible if I switch building with 1219.