[1.7.10] Engineer's Toolbox - Now with programmable sockets!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So, uh, small question... Could you add support for Forge Multipart instead(or as well, if you must) of BC Facade support for disguising sockets? I just don't feel that the time and resources needed to make facades is ever worth the value.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
So, uh, small question... Could you add support for Forge Multipart instead(or as well, if you must) of BC Facade support for disguising sockets? I just don't feel that the time and resources needed to make facades is ever worth the value.

I'm getting rid of facade support in favour of something else that will be unique to ET. It will be even easier than crafting covers and will work with pretty much any opaque normal cube block.

Last edited:
Reactions: Not_Steve

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, they're kind of an end game thing, so

I'm getting rid of facade support in favour of something else that will be unique to ET. It will be even easier than crafting covers and will work with pretty much any opaque normal cube block.
Sweet. And end game items usually have end game benefits. Can you seriously say that of Buildcraft's Facades?

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
The bit about end game was supposed to be in reply to another post that I never bothered to finish writing. Not sure why it showed up there, must be some sort of but in the forum software.

Oxygene

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble where the energy storage blocks wipe your energy on world close / open? I close the game with x amount in and open it to find 0!
*Although I do see a closed bug report about it being related to WAILA, does this mean ther energy isnt gone, it just isnt reported correctly?

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble where the energy storage blocks wipe your energy on world close / open? I close the game with x amount in and open it to find 0!
*Although I do see a closed bug report about it being related to WAILA, does this mean ther energy isnt gone, it just isnt reported correctly?

It's a Waila bug. I've reported it to Prof. Mobius.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I love this mod except for the interface*. I'd kill...just absolute kill...for a real GUI. Being partially color blind (like a large segment of the male population), every attempt to configure a socket is a head-bashing routine of trial and error. Ideally keep both methods of interfacing.

Its really hard to use these great toys except sparingly.

*Disclaimer: humble apologies if one of the 14 previous pages of posts already explicitly rules a future gui in or out.

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I love this mod except for the interface*. I'd kill...just absolute kill...for a real GUI. Being partially color blind (like a large segment of the male population), every attempt to configure a socket is a head-bashing routine of trial and error. Ideally keep both methods of interfacing.

Its really hard to use these great toys except sparingly.

*Disclaimer: humble apologies if one of the 14 previous pages of posts already explicitly rules a future gui in or out.
There is a color blind setting in the config, that would probably help a bit.

Reactions: Pyure

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I've been using the timer and it's really cool but I have two requests for it
First is special waila integration to show how long the timer is going for
The second is a way to extend the length of the pulse when the timer finishes it's countdown

vernes

Jul 29, 2019
Is the reason the fan cannot suck up thaumcraft's flux gas because there isn't a cross-mod definition of what counts as gas?

Jukari

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's a bug interfering with this mod in the TPPI pack. If you do much of anything it crashes the client while on a server, and crashes the client in single player. The two examples I can give to recreate the bug are placing a modular socket down and an elevator upgrade on the side and a button on another side, linking them and activating. The 2nd crash we recreated was using a modular socket with ender hinges on each side and a redstone input on another side, and inputing a redstone signal. Both result in a Ticking Memory Connection error.

Here's the pastebin for it.

http://pastebin.com/xYqwhpUX

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Register limestone as BlockLimestone as well like mariculture does.
Possible option to turn off the frame system if too mutch mod has interaction problems with it?

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
I've begun work on the mod again, and the latest version for 1.7.10 (1.2.0.4) should be fairly stable. All known bugs have been fixed at any rate.

Note that everything from all of my mods has been combined into one .jar file for the 1.7.10 versions.

In the interest of figuring out which features of the mod are actually used, I've put together this poll: http://strawpoll.me/4494236

Reactions: Yusunoha and Pyure

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Last time i used your mod, i had one experience: If the pump is suitable for removing regular water (whitout creating infinite water) than the husher is a great mining machine. But it wasn't.

(if not done already, i'm checking the mod right now) I would say to put in a config option to change the grinding module to diamond, having one ore to make one single machine isn't really effective.