[1.7.10] Engineer's Toolbox - Now with programmable sockets!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I always ended up making five or six of them just to make it go faster, but that's me.

Though I wouldn't mind something else to do with all the Emery ore that turns up.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Really happy to see this being updated Emasher. I loved your mod in 1.6.4 and it was one of the first mods I noticed was missing from the modpack I play when I took up minecraft again in 1.7.10 about a fortnight ago.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Last time i used your mod, i had one experience: If the pump is suitable for removing regular water (whitout creating infinite water) than the husher is a great mining machine. But it wasn't.

(if not done already, i'm checking the mod right now) I would say to put in a config option to change the grinding module to diamond, having one ore to make one single machine isn't really effective.

I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean. The pump module isn't designed for removing water. It's designed for removing lava, and other fluids that don't 'respawn'. If you want to remove large amounts of water, I'd recommend using the hand boiler tool.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the second paragraph either. The grinder has always required some amount diamond in its recipe.

If this lifts off in 1.7.10, I'll try to document some of it on the FTB Gamepedia wiki :) it's a cool mod that I never got to mess around with.

Sounds great. Documentation has always been the biggest problem with ET. I'm currently in the process of writing up a handbook-like document, but if you have any questions in the mean time, let me know.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean. The pump module isn't designed for removing water. It's designed for removing lava, and other fluids that don't 'respawn'. If you want to remove large amounts of water, I'd recommend using the hand boiler tool.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the second paragraph either. The grinder has always required some amount diamond in its recipe.

Okey, thanks i'll use that then. :)

I usually phase out the ores whitch are not really needed (duplicates, not used etc). I think emery is pretty mutch for a single purpose. There could be an option to swap that for another vannilla resource?

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
It's currently also used to make blocks which mobs cannot spawn on regardless of light level. I'll also be changing the recipes of most of the motion modules to use it fairly soon. It might also be used for the direction changer, I can't remember off hand.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Currently the only unused ones that I can recall are platinum ingots, rubies, and sapphires. All of them are registered in the ore dictionary I believe. Ash might also not have a use, but it's also quite difficult to obtain and not meant for crafting. Some items may not appear to have a use because my machines don't work with NEI yet (that's the next thing on my list). Some things like Bluestone might appear to be crafting items, but are really final products.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I would note that my nether doesn't has flat bedrock, the overworld does, so it turned out that theres no way for me to get plasma.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Why impossible? I would think Emasher intelligent enough to ensure his mod doesn't get crippled by the squirrely vanilla rules for terrain generation.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Impossible, because the resource generated under the bedrock :D

I've seen them in mcedit, and i can also track them down with pneumatic helmet. I might just go cheaty, and simply remove the bedrock covering it for now.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah. Well, chances are there's more than one location, though if it's a recurring problem, you could jump into creative, give the problem bedrock a smack and then go back to normal.

Then again, depending on the pack there might be options. Rotarycraft can destroy bedrock, allowing access. On the other hand, if you can see it enough to know it's there, a transvector interface from Thaumic Tinkerer might be able to let you harvest it as if it were the block itself. MFFS, or Blood Magic have the ability to move blocks, though it takes a bit of effort, and could be difficult.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
I'll add an option for separate flat bedrock settings in the Nether. It won't help at all with previously generated terrain though, so I'd say just go ahead and cheat there.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
I've just released ET 1.2.0.6: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/224613-engineers-toolbox/files

That should be sufficuent.

1.2.0.6 adds the config option, but it's untested, so please open an issue if it isn't working properly.
I've also fixed the issue you were having with the Redstone Wand with smooth lighting turned off. Well, perhaps fix is a strong word. I just made the block render at full size when smooth lighting is off so you can't use it to cheat. It proved to be a difficult one to fix properly.

Reactions: Padfoote

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Not a dumb question at all, seeing as I'm still working on the documentation. You use copper and tin ingots in the multi-smelter.