[1.7.10]Drone Pack[Bees][HQM - Two Quest Routes][Tech]

What should be added in the enxt update?

• More Quests

Votes: 80 86.0%
  • More ModTweaker

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • More Mods

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • More Reputation Systems

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
R4j5OWZ.png

Created by DarkLord Projects

- Topic is a WIP -

The pack code is "drone"
v5ilvo.png

Two HQM Quest Paths To Chose!
Use /hqm quest to have access to the Drone Manual!
Welcome to the official Drone Pack topic. A few of you might of recognize this name before. The Drone Pack was initially released this summer and then was shut down. I would like to apologize for that. I had a lot on my plate at the time, but now I have the time to create a fully functional modpack. There are some pros and cons to this. PROS: More time, open world, bees, customized, RPG, and much more. CONS: Not skyblock, and no more magic. For the most part this new Drone Pack is a major improvement from its last attempt.

Official Trailer (Place Holder)

Modpack Description
The Drone Pack is a bee based modpack. Explore worlds searching for bees. Collect bees and breed them to create new, better bees. Breeding is to much work? Then genetically modify bees to make them do anything. While on the hunt for bees you are being hunted. Monsters lurk through the night trying to kill you. Craft equipment to protect yourself throughout you adventures.

This modpack has a large variety of mods. All the mods can be grouped in four simple categories: Utility mods, RPG mods, tech mods, and bee mods. Bees are always going to be the main focus. There will be little things you will be distracted by like adventuring and more non-bee tech.

HQM
This modpack uses the Drone Manual to store all quests. To get access to this you will have to type the command in /hqm quest in cheats mode. To get to cheat mode on a survival world simply hit Open To LAN, Allow Cheats: On, and then Start LAN.
HQM-Drone-Pack-Features.png

Updates
The mod list and much more info will be added throughout the week. Schoolwork is my first priority, but do not worry this is one of my two things I do on my free time. When it comes to the actual modpack being updated I atleast spend a good 4 hours on the pack a week. This week I at least put a good 20+ hours though. The reason this pack might be in beta/alpha for a while is because 1.7.10 mods have a lot of errors.

The update code is the following
a.b.c
A = You must reset your world for this update to work. The mod pack was updated to a new version (1.8) or new mods were added that force a new world.
B = This update still involves new generation but you do not need to create a new world. If you have an old world and you want to get this update you can do it with no errors. NOTE: the new world generation will only spawn in new chunks in your old world.
C = This update can be huge but does not effect your world generation. This version tends to remove mods, add scripts, or fix bugs.

Videos
Streams

When I git 15 viewers at once I will put EnderIO in the pack. I usually stream Minecraft, RuneScape 3, OSRS, WaW Zombies, and other games. I am still new to this, but I would love to see some Drone Pack fans come watch me play some games. I am super friendly and always active with the chat.

TWTCH: http://www.twitch.tv/darklord_projects

TWITCH HIGHLIGHTS (DarkLord Projects Gaming): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxMTGP_EQgJHuLy-yz3en8w

--Upcoming Streams--
2/2/15 8am - 11am
Maybe - 2/4,5, or 6/15 4:30 - 5:30PM CST

Join Open Alpha

I am currently looking for anyone to join open alpha! Feel free to leave as much feedback in the comments or send me a message. It is alpha so expect bugs to be hidden across the modpack.

Join The Pack Team
If you are interested in helping out and have some experience with creating modpack contact me via FTB message. I will only be accepting a very small group for the time being.

Special Thanks
I would like to give a huge thank you to @jordsta95 for helping me make this pack full of custom recipes. He has done a lot of help making this pack so far. Also, @PrimalDemon has been a huge help with feedback, bug finding, and creating a full lets play on the pack!

Mod List (WIP)

Mod list will slowly be worked on. I plan to add authors, permissions, and links when the pack goes public.

Any mod without a link there permissions/author can be found HERE.
Damage Indicators
Applied Energistics 2
Back Tools
Bdlib
Big Reactors (Coming back in 0.0.3)
Binnies Mods
Buildcraft
Carpenters Blocks
Chest Transporter - Father Toast [PERMISSION]
CodeChickenCore
CoFHCore
ComputerCraft
Dual Hotbar - RebelKeith [PERMISSION]
Ender Storage
Forestry
Forge
Gendustry
Generators
HQM
iChunUtil
Industrailcraft 2
JABBA
MineTweaker3
ModTweaker
MobProperties
More Swords Mod - Darkhax [PERMISSION]
MultiPage Chest - Father Toast [PERMISSION]
Natural Absorption
NEI
OpenEye
Railcraft
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Foundation
Warp Book
Whats This Modpack?
WAILA
Universal Electricity

*Experimental mods are mods that are in the Dev version of the modpack. These mods will be added or removed depending on my plans with these mods. There will be no experimental mods when the modpack is officially beta.

ModTweaker Changes
Drone Manual
- Name change for HQM Quest Book

Bee Bag
- Name change for HQM Bag
- Crafting recipe change
[Leather] String] [Leather]
[Honeydew] [Honey] [Royal Jelly]
[Leather] [Leather] [Leather]

Change Log
Added Custom Main Menu
Added ResourceLoader
Added LaunchGUI
Added Ztones
Removed WTP
Removed OpenEye
Added More Quests
New Custom Menu (CMM Mod)
Config Edits (A LOT)

- Added JourneyMap
- Added Death Counter
- Added Code Chicken Chunks
- Added WR-CBE
- Added Immibis MicroBlocks
- Added Immibis Core
- Added Forge Micro Blocks
- Updated Forestry
- Updated Build Craft
- Updated CoFH Core
- Updated Thermal Expansion
- Updated Thermal Foundation
- Updated iChunUtil
- Updated Not Enough Items
- Updated Ender Storage
- Updated CodeChickenCore
- Worked on Quests
- Secrets added in forestry_1.7.10-3.3.0.6.jar

- Added Quests
- Updated Quests
- Added Extra Utilities
- Added Chisel Mod
- Added Big Reactors
- Added Rei's Minimap
- Added Iron Chests

- Added WAILA
- Added Universal Electricity
- Updated BuildCraft
- Updated Forestry
- Updated IE2
- Updated TE4
- Updated ThermalFoundation
- Updated CoFHCore
- Small config edits

- Changed HQM Config

- Added ModTweaker
- Added Scripts for MineTweaker3 and ModTweaker
- Added HQM Quests
- Added HQM Reputation System

- Forge 10.13.1.1224
- Removed Big Reactors
- Found Notable Bugs

- Initial Release

Bugs And Errors
Bugs For Most Current Version

- Lag from not well optimized modpack mods.
- Dual Hotbars middle click in Creative Mod doesn't work.

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I *think* it's against the rules to have something here that isn't already on the FTB launcher
Source

Watchful11 said:
I've been a bit lax about enforcing the one rule for this forum section.
Watchful11 said:
This forum section is only for modpacks already on the FTB launcher
I don't mind people posting their packs a bit before they were approved and adding the code for access later. But some people have been advertising packs with no intention of getting them on the FTB launcher.

I am now going through and locking such threads. Message me if you have any problems with this. Reports on such threads are appreciated.

Edit: To clarify, you must have submitted the pack to the team to have a thread here. Use the discussion forum if you want to talk about a work in progress pack.

And are you planning on actually doing it this time? Or is the community still "not for you?"

EDIT: I also didn't help at all with this pack. I don't want to be associated. Not after what you did the last time.

Last edited:

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
I *think* it's against the rules to have something here that isn't already on the FTB launcher
Source

And are you planning on actually doing it this time? Or is the community still "not for you?"

EDIT: I also didn't help at all with this pack. I don't want to be associated. Not after what you did the last time.

I will get the pack approved soon and if it doesnt get approved I'll delete the post. I decided to post the pack earlier to get some attention that this isn't a one man project. I really need constructive critism to make a good pack. Also, I will remove your name ASAP.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I will get the pack approved soon and if it doesnt get approved I'll delete the post. I decided to post the pack earlier to get some attention that this isn't a one man project. I really need constructive critism to make a good pack. Also, I will remove your name ASAP.
Watchful11 said:
Edit: To clarify, you must have submitted the pack to the team to have a thread here. Use the discussion forum if you want to talk about a work in progress pack.
You can post it in the discussion forum. Until it's submitted, it doesn't belong here.

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
You can post it in the discussion forum. Until it's submitted, it doesn't belong here.

I don't mind people posting their packs a bit before they were approved and adding the code for access later. But some people have been advertising packs with no intention of getting them on the FTB launcher.

Watchfull11 said I am allowed to post it a little bit before the approval. I sent the approval a few moments ago.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as I don't know about your past, I won't comment.

But I do have one issue... how can HQM be a temporary mod?

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as I don't know about your past, I won't comment.

But I do have one issue... how can HQM be a temporary mod?
I am just messing around with it. I am trying to add some huge quests, but nothing too special. The mod might stay past alpha or might leave.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I am just messing around with it. I am trying to add some huge quests, but nothing too special. The mod might stay past alpha or might leave.
I'll happily test your pack :)
But thing is with quests, you will either
A) Sink a fair amount of time into them, and you won't want to get rid of them (See Let it End)
B) Get bored after doing a few quests, and then it makes sense to remove them (See The 95 Pack)

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
I'll happily test your pack :)
But thing is with quests, you will either
A) Sink a fair amount of time into them, and you won't want to get rid of them (See Let it End)
B) Get bored after doing a few quests, and then it makes sense to remove them (See The 95 Pack)
Thanks for the feedback! I plan to make a few HUGE quests. They will take a lot of time and will have rewards that are worth while. Quests are not top priority until it becomes open alpha. If you want to test open up a thread with me. We can talk a little bit about the pack there. Thanks. :)

Roxlvox

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like a fun pack I would love to test it for you but I don't know if I am qualified. I know a lot about Thermal Expansion ,Big Reactors ,most Bee related mods ,Buildcraft and so on but I'm not to familiar with the new versions of IC2 and and AE2. I will not be offended if you don't think I'm qualified but like I said in the beginning this looks like a really cool pack and I cant wait till it's out of closed alpha.

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like a fun pack I would love to test it for you but I don't know if I am qualified. I know a lot about Thermal Expansion ,Big Reactors ,most Bee related mods ,Buildcraft and so on but I'm not to familiar with the new versions of IC2 and and AE2. I will not be offended if you don't think I'm qualified but like I said in the beginning this looks like a really cool pack and I cant wait till it's out of closed alpha.
Good news for you. Closed alpha should be open any week now! Just hit the watch thread button so you can stay updated. If you are still interested in helping in close alpha open up a convo with me. We can talk more about the pack there.

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:

- Forge 10.13.1.1224
- Removed Big Reactors
- Found Notable Bugs

Last edited:

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
How are people gonna get their copious amounts of RF now?
Its still alpha m8 :D

It was crashing the game and there wasn't a single update that worked. Bees on the other hand do not use a lot of RF... so yeah. I really wanted the mod, but i had to "let it go."

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
Crashing the game? Crash log sil vous plait?
I now Java and the thing I hate about it is 50% of the time it wont give you a damn log. In the console it gave me the generic error. I am gonna re-install it and mess around with it for some time.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I now Java and the thing I hate about it is 50% of the time it wont give you a damn log. In the console it gave me the generic error. I am gonna re-install it and mess around with it for some time.
minecraft/logs/latest.log

It will always give you the error there, if a crash report is not produced.

Reactions: jordsta95