[1.7.10] Death's Hardcore Pack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps we will release a 1.5.5 update to help those who are issuing lag spikes and freezes once i am finished with all the coding that needs to be done. on a side note do not put the latest update of fastcraft in the pack as we have experienced Worldgen problems which causes crashes to both server and client. thank you everyone for the feedback on the pack. if you have any questions or concerns please leave a comment on this forum post and we will get back to you a.s.a.p.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Reduce the memory you have on the FTB launcher to 3.5 gig. It's odd but less is better sometimes in regards to that.
Hmm did this but not noticing any difference. I also changed something in MSI Afterburner limiting the fps of javaw.exe from 40 to 60 and so far I've not had fps issues so far.

Only issue still remaining is with the minecraft crafting table becoming less and less responsive. It seems to start happening after doing several searches in NEI but can't tell yet for sure. Will try investigating a little more on this. But when this happens, the crafting table starts freezing my client longer and longer and so does eating eating food when the animation ends and I get back some hunger icons. Only tried with minecraft cooked chicken and bread so far as they were my only resources I found. But oddly enough seeing NEI through other interfaces like the minecraft furnace or other mod items which show up NEI do not do this. A bit confused on this part still.

Same deal when eating food. Also fps drops to 40 due to fraps.

Last edited:

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm did this but not noticing any difference. I also changed something in MSI Afterburner limiting the fps of javaw.exe from 40 to 60 and so far I've not had fps issues so far.

Only issue still remaining is with the minecraft crafting table becoming less and less responsive. It seems to start happening after doing several searches in NEI but can't tell yet for sure. Will try investigating a little more on this. But when this happens, the crafting table starts freezing my client longer and longer and so does eating eating food when the animation ends and I get back some hunger icons. Only tried with minecraft cooked chicken and bread so far as they were my only resources I found. But oddly enough seeing NEI through other interfaces like the minecraft furnace or other mod items which show up NEI do not do this. A bit confused on this part still.

disable steve's workshop mod and see if that helps, it may stop the crafting table lag and then again it may not. i took it out in our latest dev build cause it was causing lag when entering a GUI.

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
working extra hard to get a stable build out for everyone by today. So please be patient i've had a long flight and not much sleep.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the vanilla crafting table or the tinkers one?
Vanilla one. Added a video in my previous post after you posted.

disable steve's workshop mod and see if that helps, it may stop the crafting table lag and then again it may not. i took it out in our latest dev build cause it was causing lag when entering a GUI.
Done this. Didn't get a long play session yet but so far it was good with the vanilla minecraft crafting table. But instead of this I noticed my fps was dropping from 60+ to between 5 and 10 when browsing a vanilla single chest. No clue what was going on there but I'll mention again if it happens more. Once outside the chest's UI it was all just fine.

working extra hard to get a stable build out for everyone by today. So please be patient i've had a long flight and not much sleep.
Don't hurry. We got time. :)

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla one. Added a video in my previous post after you posted.

Done this. Didn't get a long play session yet but so far it was good with the vanilla minecraft crafting table. But instead of this I noticed my fps was dropping from 60+ to between 5 and 10 when browsing a vanilla single chest. No clue what was going on there but I'll mention again if it happens more. Once outside the chest's UI it was all just fine.

Don't hurry. We got time. :)

thats good it works. i will check on chest gui lag in the latest dev build. but it could be a specific item doing it.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Well it seems disabling Steve's workshop mod did not help. After a 20-30 minute session the vanilla crafting table started to lock up the client again for short moments increasing in freeze duration the more I did it. I checked if my fps in chests right after this but there were no drops so that seems totally unrelated. This time I was crafting wheat and barley into flour to cook them into bread using the vanilla crafting table. Doubt it's related to any item and it's different every time from what I noticed so far.
Also forgot to try the tinkers' construct crafting table, will try to make one next session when back home.

On a side note, no fps issues anymore but that random thing in chests I mentioned before that only happened once so far.

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
Well it seems disabling Steve's workshop mod did not help. After a 20-30 minute session the vanilla crafting table started to lock up the client again for short moments increasing in freeze duration the more I did it. I checked if my fps in chests right after this but there were no drops so that seems totally unrelated. This time I was crafting wheat and barley into flour to cook them into bread using the vanilla crafting table. Doubt it's related to any item and it's different every time from what I noticed so far.
Also forgot to try the tinkers' construct crafting table, will try to make one next session when back home.

On a side note, no fps issues anymore but that random thing in chests I mentioned before that only happened once so far.

I know this may or may not be related but have you tried restarting your internet connection from your modem and such cuz i kno that was one of my problems with fps drops.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Pushing update 1.5.5 to FTB today. Back up your worlds just in case. I will be doing a world reset though.

serbaut

Jul 29, 2019
We have been running a 1.5.1 server for a couple of days and it has crashed four times. It only seems to crash when there is no one online. Other than that it is working fine. Fun pack!

[20:11:17] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 6c2b89cd (world) may have leaked: seen 2515 times.
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./world/DIM-1/data/villages.dat (Too many open files)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:221)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:171)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.world.storage.MapStorage.func_75747_a(SourceFile:92)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.world.storage.MapStorage.func_75744_a(SourceFile:75)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServerMulti.func_73042_a(WorldServerMulti.java:22)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73044_a(WorldServer.java:802)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71267_a(MinecraftServer.java:318)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:569)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
[20:11:47] [Server thread/WARN] [FML/]: Unable to write forced chunk data to /home/joakims/minecraft/death/./world/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat - chunkloading won't work
java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./world/DIM-1/forcedchunks.dat (Too many open files)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:221) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:171) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74795_b(CompressedStreamTools.java:184) ~[du.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeChunkManager.saveWorld(ForgeChunkManager.java:876) [ForgeChunkManager.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeInternalHandler.onDimensionSave(ForgeInternalHandler.java:70) [ForgeInternalHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_15_ForgeInternalHandler_onDimensionSave_Save.invoke(.dynamic) [?:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) [ASMEventHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138) [EventBus.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73044_a(WorldServer.java:810) [mt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71267_a(MinecraftServer.java:318) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:569) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
@serbaut which version of forge are you using on your server and do you have any plugins installed. also i am going to need all four crash reports via pastebin links to https://github.com/DragonNation/Deaths-Hardcore-Pack that is my github for the pack so that i can track issues a lot easier than on here. have not had time to get it posted on this forum.

Edit: from what you posted it seems your world has a memory leak but before i can determine anything i will have to look at the crash reports.

Last edited:

serbaut

Jul 29, 2019
There were no crash reports. I assume the server cant write a crash report when it cant open more files.

java version "1.7.0_75"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.5.4.0.el6_6-x86_64 u75-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)
forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277-universal.jar
minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar

Not sure what you mean by "plugins"?

aldra2012

Jul 29, 2019
at this moment i cannot determine anything. FTB should be updating to 1.5.5 which is basically a brand new pack. but i will do more testing to help fix your issue.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Hope it gets updated any time soon. Going to make new world on this one.

Also it's very disappointing that the "difficulty" is being pushed through making tech-build more tedious (not difficult), and not implementing some quest-line, bosses, . Because it's nothing more but "fucking around" all the time, you have real goal to strive for.

When do I win the game? My character has Flux JetPlate, 132 heart-dmg 0.25 draw-speed bow, battle-burritos, potions, everything legit, have I won the game, why do I even need them? Imo, it's very important to have an HQM quests, as they bring sense of progression and a goal.

Last edited:

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Hope it gets updated any time soon. Going to make new world on this one.

Also it's very disappointing that the "difficulty" is being pushed through making tech-build more tedious (not difficult), and not implementing some quest-line, bosses, . Because it's nothing more but "fucking around" all the time, you have real goal to strive for.

When do I win the game? My character has Flux JetPlate, 132 heart-dmg 0.25 draw-speed bow, battle-burritos, potions, everything legit, have I won the game, why do I even need them? Imo, it's very important to have an HQM quests, as they bring sense of progression and a goal.

Right now we are just waiting on FTB to upload the update. And have you beaten the Ender Dragon yet? Or all the other bosses in the End? I would say that is winning the game once all those are killed.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I killed Dragon in 23 hits, didn't even bother killing his healing altars. Didn't bother with other bosses, as it's the same story.

FishyFishFishing

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the mod pack quite a bit, thanks for your hard work! On your first post there is a google doc link for the mods> Unfortunately it says that the document is in the owners trash and as such can only be accessed when you login to your google account.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the mod pack quite a bit, thanks for your hard work! On your first post there is a google doc link for the mods> Unfortunately it says that the document is in the owners trash and as such can only be accessed when you login to your google account.

Should be fixed. Had to update the link.