[1.7.10][Curse][Achievements] A Farewell To Magic

U

Unistic

It's never too late to say goodbye.

I present to: A Farewell To Magic 1.7.10 (Magic, Decoration, Exploration, Adventure, Questing)
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/a-farewell-to-magic

This is a true magic sandbox, exploration, decoration, questing (WIP) modpack. I know a few of you guys have already moved on to 1.10 plus but those of you are not ready to leave the polished era of 1.7.10 especially since 1.10 plus is lacking in the magic department at the moment then rest you're eyes on this pack.

I put together a pack that I enjoy playing (hopefully you will as well) filled with the best and unique magic mods that I've enjoyed in 1.7.10. There's Thaumcraft, Ars Magical 2, Witchery, Botania, Blood Magic, Abysscraft, Alchemy craft, Essential craft, and many more. Also, since I get many different reactions when I introduce this mod there's.....wait.....for....it.... ProjectE!!!

This pack isn't meant to be a challenge. Its meant to be a fun, play how you want but what you desire pack. So no recipe changes were implemented especially for those who never got around to some magic mods but always wanted to you'll have the chance to play the mods as is. There is some OPness within the pack like growing nether stars with Alchemy craft put that with ProjectE and you have EMC for a life time.

But that's the point, CASUALNESS!

This pack also comes equip with tons of decoration mods. Cause a Magic Kingdom with golem guards, magical crops, and random spirits would look so much better with the help of Decocraft, Malisis Doors, Project Illumination and a little Architecture Craft in the mix.

And for you tech lovers I even added Applied Energistics and Thaumic Energistics. What!? Tech in an all magic mod pack! Blasphemy!!! Lol even with ProjectE I still added tech off someone's suggestion. There's also Extra Utilities, I'm sure you guys can come up with a way to use generators to power your AE system and put the energy all in the AE batters. Or you could use golems to charge the batteries using a crank and have them keep your AE system powered idk just a magical though.

I don't want to tell you everything but the options on what to do, what to build, what to go see is up to you. Maybe go find a random dungeon and kill a Wither. Just enjoy. Build the biggest freaking magical kingdom you can think of or travel to another dimension and reign as overlord or build a small outpost in a mystcraft dimension.

Do all of this! Do it ALL! Before you give your:

Farewell To Magic!

Since update 2.0 The Achievement update: (1/23/2017)

Quest are out the window! Craft an Achievement Book and read all about it

P.S
Since 1.7.10 is very polished and will like see no more mod updates for the mods in this pack. I'm working on the quest line using Better Questing mod. Not as a way to tell you to play the way I want you too but just to guide the new guys or vets with mods they have never touched before!

Also I have my pack up on a decent size server. If you're interested in giving this pack a try on the server and willing to take pics of your awesome base or video and post it here that would be very entertaining. Or if you want to lend a hand with the quest line development please let me know!
All communication from me to you about the server will be on the Curse Launcher!

Must be mannered, helpful and must BELIEVE IN MAGIC :)
Thanks!

To gain access to the server (first 10, keeping it small) reply with:

IGN:
Curse Name:

Last edited:
U

Unistic

Sent you a request on Curse!

-------
Update 2.0:

Quest are out the window! Craft an Achievement Book and read all about it

U

Unistic

Unfortunately not any longer. But the pack is still supported and will receive any updates as needed :D

chaogomu

Jan 29, 2013
I have a small bug report for the pack.

For some reason nether quartz has no EMC value. This means that anything crafted with quartz has no EMC value.

The tinker ore berries could also use EMC values, again this has an effect on crafting recipes down the line.

Other than that it's a good pack with polished, stable mods.

U

Unistic

Not a bug bro,
Nether Quartz does not have an automatic EMC neither does the rest of AE2. You can manually do it if you want. But the pack is pretty casual/easy. What I did was went into Thaumcraft, And automated the duplication of nether quartz using Project E condensers to generate the resources needed for the required Essential. Good Luck!

P.S
AE isn't really needed for that pack. But some people can't live without it. So its in there and like I said by default has no EMC value so it gives people something to actual work for if they really need it.

Last edited:

chaogomu

Jan 29, 2013
Oddly Certus quartz has an EMC value.

Could I convince you to swap the two? Nether Quartz in used in quite a few non-AE2 places and makes for a nice building material.

------
Editing to say that adding EMC to nether quartz does not appear to populate EMC values to AE2

Last edited:
U

Unistic

Again, all I did was add Project E to the pack. There was no config changes to prevent EMC of AE items. Because my default there aren't any EMC for nether quartz or AE Items.

But if you just switch to creative mode and read this thread
You can learn to how to add EMC value to any items. So in your case you should match the emc value of the certus quartz to the nether quartz.

Edit: In other packs there's an emc value for nether quartz, but it could be because its recognized differently with others mods within that pack which allowed it to have an emc. Regardless. I just check the command so doing what I mentioned earlier you can give nether quartz an emc value easily. Good luck.

chaogomu

Jan 29, 2013
Got the EMC thing sorted.

The next bug report I have for you is potion effects.

Gadomancy seems to override all potion effects with "Increased Luck".

Adjusting the config to manually assign that particular potion ID only changes the overriding effect to another Gadomancy potion. manually assigning all potion IDs crashes the game as soon as any potion effect is applied.

I've submitted a bug to the Gadomancy issue tracker but thought you should know as well.

An addendum to this, Botania and Aura Cascade appear to have a potion ID conflict as well.

U

Unistic

Interesting....
Honestly I haven't used potions since FTB Infinity in modded minecraft :D

Any initial potion conflicts were resolved prior to pack release. Potion conflicts prevent minecraft modpacks for even loading up and crafting before start 9 out of 10. But if its a Gadomancy issue, the all potions from Gadomancy should be disabled. Again I'm not 100% on potions outside of Witchery (cause they're awesome).

But yes I will look into it, thanks!