[1.7.10][Curse][260+ Mods!!][Quests and Gamemodes Coming Soon] ADG Omega VII: Golden Age

MCAdventureCity

Nov 6, 2014
Virginia, USA
www.youtube.com
This Pack is currently undergoing major changes to prep for the 2.0.0.0 release. Download at your own risk!

Join my discord at https://discord.gg/kru5nAm to discuss all things MCAdventureCity.

Hello,

MCAdventureCity here. As the days of 1.7.10 fade on us and give way to 1.12.2 and beyond, I want to say farewell to our longest-lasting dominant modded version with a special pack. Therefore, I announce...

ADG Omega VII: Golden Age

This pack will be designed to push 1.7.10 to its limits. I plan for it to have a semi-massive modlist (250 or so mods), Infinity Evolved-esque game modes, and quests.

Get the Pack at: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/adg-omega-vii-golden-age

Modlists:

Changelog:

Version 2.0.0.0 (Coming Soon tm)

• This update WILL require a map reset!
  • Added Challenge Mode
  • Updated Everything
  • Removed a TON of mods (Should be easier to load now)

Version 1.0.1.0

• Removed Decocraft
  • Removed Mimicry
  • Updated Everything
  • Fixed Magneticraft Ore Configs.

Version 1.0.0.0
The game modes will be as follows:

• Standard Mode - Default Recipes (with a few tweaks to ProjectE)
  • Challenge Mode - Harder Recipes (Coming By the end of 2018)
There will also be quests, based off the Challenge Mode recipes.

Thanks,

MCAdventureCity

Last edited:

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
~~i mean what if mojang is all "oh man we are releasing 1.16 soon so ha modders eat our dust~~ seriously though i like this idea. the 1.7.10 era lasted a long time, and well deserves a gauntlet-esque pack to end off the 2+ year journey we had. (i wish it was possible to make a pack that had a mini gauntlet of all the best packs of the times but oh well, this is a good substitute).

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, not even my 16 gigs of ram (8 being allocated) were enough to get a framerate over 15, GG. Oh well, cant help that. Also I just noticed i am a well known member, idk how that happened.

T

TeaFanatic

Is it possible to get this on the ftb launcher? I can't stand curse :/

rmfranco

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt my computer can handle this pack, but I wanna give a little advice anyway: If you can, it would help to put the mod list in alphabetical order.

B

bladebump

i like the rotary craft,it`t harder to find a modpack that include it.
if you want to blance rotary and mekanism?
so,are there any serverfile?
few people want to play together.

MCAdventureCity

Nov 6, 2014
Virginia, USA
www.youtube.com
I have a sad announcement:

Due to a multitude of things, such as the decreasing popularity of 1.7.10, and a slow development process, I'm canceling this pack and moving on to 1.10.2 and 1.11.2 projects. I have a new team, and am going to be working on most new projects with them.

Thanks, MCA

MCAdventureCity

Nov 6, 2014
Virginia, USA
www.youtube.com
UPDATE:

I have good news! Despite my earlier plans to cancel this pack, I have changed my mind and am getting back to work on it! Here are my general plans for the pack:
  • Challenge Mode will be released as Version 2.0.0.0, and will require a world reset. I have cut the modlist down from 280-something to 263 mods, so it is a bit lighter. I have laid out a rough progression map, which I will post here when the mode gets closer to release. Planned Release Date (Subject to Change): September 1, 2017
  • Rage Mode will be a separate pack, and will be developed alongside Challenge Mode. It will overhaul much of the game, with mob difficulty, survival, and other tweaks designed to make you rage but still have it be worth it when you beat the pack (Like Fire in the Pipe 2 by Kehaan). Despite being made alongside challenge mode, it will still take longer to make due to what I have planned. Planned Release Date (Subject to Change): October 1, 2017
  • I will also be posting development journals in this thread, which will cover much of the development.
  • When development is near finished, I will recruit some testers to beta-test both Challenge and Rage mode, so they can begin testing as soon as I finish developing. I also plan to reach out to content creators to test the pack as well.
That's it! My first development log should be ready soon!

Thanks, MCA

MCAdventureCity

Nov 6, 2014
Virginia, USA
www.youtube.com
Dev Log 1: Early Tech

Questline Sneak Peeks:

bLFv83I.png

0lKo8f0.png

The Progressive Automation Miner, which signifies the end of the first questline:

ldkrhTN.png

The Magneticraft Machine Housing, which requires HOP Graphite from Immersive Engineering:

KxWPQSc.png

MCAdventureCity

Nov 6, 2014
Virginia, USA
www.youtube.com
UPDATE POST 6/13/2018

So, this thread has been dead for over a year. Sorry about that. As for why, throughout fall of 2017, I was busy with school stuff, AP classes and all, and didn't have time to get the pack out by September as previously mentioned. Then, my modpack team, ADG, ceased all activity, and did not resume until just last week. As such, I was short-handed, and due to having other projects and 1.7.10 losing popularity, placed this pack on indefinite hold on March 31. But, I am determined to get this pack released at some point, no matter what it takes. But, to fit with my new naming scheme for all my packs, this pack will have a new name:

ADG Omega VII: Golden Age

The General naming scheme for my Kitchen sink, Expert, and some of my themed packs is to use the same name throughout Minecraft versions, but differentiate it with a Roman Numeral that references the Minecraft version, e.g. VII for 1.7.x, XII for 1.12.x, and so on. Omega is generally planned to be our kitchen sink pack, but as this pack is planned to have both a normal and challenge (expert) mode, I went with the kitchen sink name.

Development

As for how I will finish this pack, It will happen slower, and the launch will be quieter than planned, but I do plan to finish by the end of 2018. I will be doing more dev logs (probably twice a month), so look forward to that.

Thanks,

MCAdventureCity