[1.7.10] Chunk generation lag?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'l try this out tonight. My pack is currently at 108 mods and features a lot of world gen mods.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
FastCraft has definitely improved the situation. First I tested without it in single player, got the usual pause every few blocks moved, 1-2 sec each, sometimes up to 10. Installed FastCraft, and still get a bit of a hiccup about as often, but they are much, much shorter - barely noticeable in fact. So I don't think FastCraft solves the underlying vanilla bug, but it improves chunk rendering to the point where it isn't as painful.

Reactions: PierceSG

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Woah.. This mod.. I'm speechless.

I don't know what kind of miracle code Player wrote here, but this mod is solid gold. I have no chunk loading lag at all anymore, and the spam about chunk ticking is completely gone.
Yeah just to test what kind of fix this does I flew out until I hit a bump(never happened BTW) 6k+ blocks and no chunk hits I didn't even have the crazy lag on my server that 1.6.4 had when I would load in a lot of chunks quickly like flying out a large amount of blocks.

Reactions: unknown zombie

Relaxel

Jul 29, 2019
Yesss, FTB Infinity is very buggy. I was fine with an ftb monster server and the game itself running at the same time on my pc, but with Infinity, when first joining my server, I have serious lag and have to wait for about 30 seconds for it to go away, although eventually it´ll shoot up to 200 fps. My PC is decent so I shouldn´t have any performance issues. However the console is always spamming as many people have already stated here. It´ll do the "Can´t keep up! Is the server overloaded or did the system time change? Skipping blablabla ms" -error thing. However just recently it gave me this continuous never-ending spam:
1343c075765045e90ba6ff8d6064e5bb

This was about when I was standing in front of a permanent chunk bug near my base. This chunk bug will NOT go away, even after restarting the server and game:
5f84ec84d3f156e3646d7cc4b302ca8b

In case you´re wondering, I play on 3 screens.