[1.7.10] Chunk generation lag?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Removing BoP eliminated a HUGE portion of my chunk gen lag but I'm still getting ticking errors in new gen. Its severe enough for me to consider 1.7.10 not even close to ready for prime consumption. The sad part is that 1.7.2 ran as smooth as butter for me. It ran almost better than vanilla Minecraft.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Removing BoP eliminated a HUGE portion of my chunk gen lag but I'm still getting ticking errors in new gen. Its severe enough for me to consider 1.7.10 not even close to ready for prime consumption. The sad part is that 1.7.2 ran as smooth as butter for me. It ran almost better than vanilla Minecraft.
;p i have found ATG to actually be the least laggy 1.7 generator.

Reactions: RedBoss

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
this JVM arument fixed the chunk loading lag for me. (i thought i was just a graphics error fixing arg, but then padfoote informed me what it actually was when i mentioned that i wasn't getting this problem.)

-Dforge.forceNoStencil=true

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
this JVM arument fixed the chunk loading lag for me. (i thought i was just a graphics error fixing arg, but then padfoote informed me what it actually was when i mentioned that i wasn't getting this problem.)

As a note, this argument was originally posted by LexManos, which is where I got it from.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida

I still get issues with this argument. Are there any others that you use?

Are you using Java 1.7 or 1.8?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I still get issues with this argument. Are there any others that you use?

Are you using Java 1.7 or 1.8?
java 1.7,

-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256M -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xverify:none -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts

Reactions: reddvilzz

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
java 1.7,

-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256M -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xverify:none -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts
I tried copy/pasting your arguments and I'm still getting the same issues.

Could it be a problem with Java 1.8? I'd be interested to hear from the other people who report this problem about what version of Java they're using.

I'm using 64-bit Java version 1.8.0_11 on a 64-bit Linux OS.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I tried copy/pasting your arguments and I'm still getting the same issues.

Could it be a problem with Java 1.8? I'd be interested to hear from the other people who report this problem about what version of Java they're using.

I'm using 64-bit Java version 1.8.0_11 on a 64-bit Linux OS.
I'm not using Linux but once I went back to Java 7 on Win7 I got rid of all the issues I had while running Java 8 in 1.7.

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running java 7, so its not the java version. I'm gonna try it with the JVM arguments posted by Qaz and Pad

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
java 1.7,

Actually i used your JVM and it really hepls in 1.7.10. Works very very well :D. I have no idea why it doesn't work out with 1.6.4. Haven't tried the -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true though. I hope this parameter could help smoothen out the chunk load since I got the some lag spikes whenever I load some new chunks

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
Actually i used your JVM and it really hepls in 1.7.10. Works very very well :D. I have no idea why it doesn't work out with 1.6.4. Haven't tried the -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true though. I hope this parameter could help smoothen out the chunk load since I got the some lag spikes whenever I load some new chunks
I dont know much (or anything really :p) but i think they are almost the same JVM whatever look at the end of the long one it has the same thing as the small one

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
java 1.7,

Will try out the arguments when I get back on later. As a side note the twilight forest is basically unplayable my client froze twice just walking around. I'm confused as to what is causing this, is it really the loading of chunks or is it simply trying to render the entire chunk in one go? Currently my server doesn't have any feedback of it lagging but my client almost crashes trying to load the chunks which is odd.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know much (or anything really :p) but i think they are almost the same JVM whatever look at the end of the long one it has the same thing as the small one

Well in 1.6.4 if i use this JVM it doesn't help. It only make it worse though which is weird. But at least it could work and help with 1.7.10 helps the struggle of my laptop :p

Will try out the arguments when I get back on later. As a side note the twilight forest is basically unplayable my client froze twice just walking around. I'm confused as to what is causing this, is it really the loading of chunks or is it simply trying to render the entire chunk in one go? Currently my server doesn't have any feedback of it lagging but my client almost crashes trying to load the chunks which is odd.

There is one thing that could help with chunk load lag. You could pause the game first which for me help the chunks load faster. With that i don't have really terrible lag when the chunks load

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019

This doesnt fix the problem for me, but does reduce it. Both for java 7 and 8. With java 8 giving the best results.

java 1.7,

These arguements dont seem to realy do annything for me with java 8. Does help abit with java 7. But defenitly does not fix the problem.

Java used: java 7u67 x64, java 8u11 x64 running on windows 8.1

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
This doesnt fix the problem for me, but does reduce it. Both for java 7 and 8. With java 8 giving the best results.

These arguements dont seem to realy do annything for me with java 8. Does help abit with java 7. But defenitly does not fix the problem.

Java used: java 7u67 x64, java 8u11 x64 running on windows 8.1
Yeah it doesn't do much for me either :(

Reactions: RedBoss