[1.7.10][Beta] Kawaiicrops Mod

kawaiiwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Announcing a brand new [Beta] mod: Kawaii Crops
feWo9zM.png

Hello Minecraft Ladies and Gentlemen! The lovely Kawaiiwolf and Sasha have come to you today to bring you a brand new Beta mod called KawaiiCrops!

We always wanted to add in a wonderful way to cook that felt real rather than shoving food into the same furnace that you smelt iron in. (And we all know that Iron wasn’t the only thing being smelted. Bleh). This mod is not so much new content as it is an easy, configuration based framework to create your own content. All you need to do is edit some easy to use, plain english and dummy proof configuration files and add your own textures/names via a resource pack. Think of it as the lovechild of GrowthCraft and CustomStuff3 with easier configuration and fancy cooking animations. A key feature to note: Virtually EVERYTHING is configurable.

No more irony chickens or pork chops straight out of your slag furnace; instead you can have lovely pan seared chicken or smoky grilled pork chops! What you can do with crops/food in this mod is limited to your imagination (and artistic skills).

jL8oenv.png

Ore Dictionary Support, NEI Integration, WAILA Integration and tooltips on all the things !

17zoohl.png

SdGdQhr.png

Crop Stages - Wheat has 8, Carrots & Potatoes have 4. You have a choice between 2 and 8.
Crop Height - Multi-tier crops: When was the last time you saw waist high corn ?
Drawing Options - Pick how your crop renders.
Multi Harvest - Plants can grow back their crops after harvest, instead of starting from a sprout all over again.
Growth Rates - How quickly and under which conditions to grow (Biomes/Light Level/soil/etc)
Custom Drop Tables - Completely defined by you

tCyeEht.png

wnogbUI.png
KS4QRPx.png

Growth Rates - How quickly and under which conditions to grow (Biomes/Light Level/soil/etc)
Fruit Models - Does your fruit grow in the leaves or below
Tree Trunk - Make it out of whatever woods you have available. Or any other block for that matter.
Tree Shape - Six lovely randomized shapes. Some familiar, some new !
Even more drop tables !

RtgcS6b.png

Tlz90rQ.png

Well technically it’s a cake ? Includes potion effects on eating too.

6NTAEB3.png

gpB74sc.png

Now with more options than bread, meat and a smattering of fruits and veggies. Anything you could imagine ! (And draw).

avXftki.png

wHbNMGF.png

Inside recipes.cfg you can add your own custom recipes to the game. You can add:

2x2 Crafting Recipes - Things you can make in your hand.
3x3 Crafting Recipes - Things you need a crafting table for.
Unshaped Crafting Recipes - These don’t require ingredients to be in any special order.

and

Furnace Crafting Recipes - Things you cook in a furnace. Furnaces are boring though, which is why we have 5 fantastic new (animated) blocks that you can do your cooking on:

Cutting Board - With chopping action to refine ingredients.
The Churn - Perfect for making butter or iced cream. Wear out your mouse finger like they did in the olden days.
Big Pot - It’s a big pot, but it requires you to cook with either oil (frying), water or milk.
Frying Pan - For all your frying needs. Plus you can add a steam box to cook with steam.
Grill - Great for smoking, grilling or drying things out. Drying doesn’t require a heat source.

Each of the new cooking blocks/recipes are fully integrated with Not Enough Items and WAILA to make looking up recipes and using the blocks easier.

All of the recipes are fully Forge Ore Dictionary compatible and all of your foods/ingredients have the ability to add them to ore dictionary entries. If you need, you can even add items from other mods to the ore dictionary if you want to cook with their foods too.

phwHYRx.png

PH0k4jG.png

A brand new mechanic added for plants and crops. If enabled, mystery seeds can be found in tall grass and when planted, can grow into just about anything (specified). All plants and trees have config options to be added to the mystery seed drop tables.

dGY9DGa.png

Creating your own custom blocks:

There are two steps needed to create your very own Cake, Crops or Trees:

1 - Configure the config settings. This generally starts in config.cfg. Read the options as there is a lot of helpful advice and tips in there ! Often times you’ll need to save some config settings, start minecraft and let it generate additional config files for you. You might need to do this a few times while developing your blocks.

2 - Add the missing elements in a resource pack. Don’t worry, this step isn’t too hard as long as you can come up with the art you want to be rendered in minecraft. Once in the game you’ll have to turn on this resource pack if you want to see the textures/names.

To get started on the resource pack, just make a new folder in your /.minecraft/resourcepacks file. I called mine kawaiicraft. In there you’ll need two things. A folder named assets and a pack.mcmeta. Here’s what mine looks like:

{
"pack": {
"pack_format": 1,
"description": "KawaiiCraft Resource Pack"
},
"language":{
"en_US":{
"name":"English",
"region":"US",
"bidirectional":false
}
}
}
3 (Optional) - This works on a multiplayer server as well, but the client and server MUST have the same set of config files, otherwise unspecified “bad(tm)” things might happen (like disconnects.) If you’re playing on a multiplayer server with this mod, it’s best to get the config files from the server owner.

Inside the assets folder, you’ll need a folder called “kawaiicrops”. Inside “kawaiicrops” is a “textures” folder where all the art goes and another called “lang” where we’ll put a en_US.lang file. This can be blank to start off with. If you’re wondering what goes in the en_US.lang file and the textures folders, don’t fret ! The config files will tell you exactly what names and art assets need to go where.

NOTE: An example configuration and resource pack will be provided by the downloads to use as a template. While you don’t need these they can be helpful to reference when making your own set of config files and a resource pack.

Example: Cake

So lets say we want to make a new cake ? Vanilla is nice, but it just tastes so boring. Lets try to add something a little sweeter. Going into the “general.cfg” file we find a section labeled “kawaiicrop yummy cakes” asking for a list of cakes. Lets try making a strawberry short cake. By changing the cakelist option to read: “S:Cakes=strawberryshort” and running minecraft once, a brand new file is generated for us in the config folder, the cakes.cfg file. Lets take a peek !

# Configuration file

##########################################################################################################
# 0
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Note: If your block/item doesn't show up in this file, make sure you set it in general.cfg, save
# and open minecraft at least once. You don't need to load into a world, just get to the splash
# screen and the necesary configuration will be automatically generated for you.
##########################################################################################################

0 {
}

# kawaiicrops: strawberryshort cake
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Resource Pack settings for strawberryshort Cake
#
# Langage Name: item.kawaiicrops.strawberryshort.cake.name
# Langage Name: tile.kawaiicrops.strawberryshort.cake.name
#
# Texture Name: textures/items/strawberryshort.cake.png
#
# Texture Name: textures/blocks/strawberryshort.cake_top.png
# Texture Name: textures/blocks/strawberryshort.cake_bottom.png
# Texture Name: textures/blocks/strawberryshort.cake_side.png
# Texture Name: textures/blocks/strawberryshort.cake_inner.png

"kawaiicrops: strawberryshort cake" {
# Is this a block in minecraft ? Defaults to false to allow you to configure before putting it in game. [default: false]
B:"0. Enabled"=false

# How many half shanks of food does eating a slice of cake restore ? [range: 0 ~ 20, default: 2]
I:"1.General Hunger Restored"=2

# How saturating is a slice of cake ? [range: 0.0 ~ 20.0, default: 0.1]
S:"1.General Saturation"=0.1

# This item is part of which Forge Ore Dictionary entries ? Please see General.cfg to see how to use these. [default: ]
S:"2.Other Ore Dictionary Entries"=

# What potion effect do you want triggered on eating this cake ? Please see General.cfg to see how to use these. [default: ]
S:"2.Other Potion Effect"=

# What is the Tooltip for the cake in game ? [default: ]
S:"2.Other Tool Tip Text"=
}
Looking this over, we can make a few minor alterations to get our Strawberry shortcake JUST right. The first and most important thing is to set “Enabled” to true, otherwise the mod will ignore this. It’ll help you get things set up without making the game look messy. We’ll set it to give some tool tip text and even have slices provide the Regeneration I effect for 10 seconds.

B:"0. Enabled"=true
S:"2.Other Potion Effect"=10 10 1 1.0
S:"2.Other Tool Tip Text"=Delicious and Moist
f you’re wondering just how to we got the Potion effect text, just follow the directions and reference the helpful hints in general.cfg.

Great ! Now the only thing we’re missing is the resource information. In our cakes.cfg file, it tells us we need to add a couple lines to the language file. Open up the en_US.lang file with a text editor and add the following lines:

item.kawaiicrops.strawberryshort.cake.name=Strawberry Short Cake
tile.kawaiicrops.strawberryshort.cake.name=Strawberry Short Cake
Additionally, we’re going to need to add a “strawberryshort.cake.png” texture file (typically a 16x16 .png file) to the .minecraft/resourcepacks/kawaiicraft/assets/kawaiicrops/textures/items folder and strawberryshort.cake_top.png, strawberryshort.cake_bottom.png, strawberryshort.cake_side.png, strawberryshort.cake_inner.png files to the .minecraft/resourcepacks/kawaiicraft/assets/kawaiicrops/textures/blocks folder.

You’ve now got a Strawberry Short Cake in game.

Similar steps can be used to set up just about everything else in the mod !

Note when using recipes. See the dump.cfg option in the general.cfg. It’ll make your life a LOT easier by listing out all the blocks, items, ore dictionary entries and biomes that the game can find. Additionally, try enabling the Potion of Hunger and the Magic Spoon. The Potion of Hunger will take away hunger quickly and the Magic Spoon will make random ticks happen instantly when cooking; great for testing.​
8Dhx61v.png

Now that the basics for the mod are out of the way we want to tell you that there’s more coming. You won’t have to install a full crop list or tons of recipes just to have the food items you want. Many new crops, spices, trees, foods and drinks are in the future.

Kawaii Crop Super Pack: Work In Progress
The crop config pack includes all of the crops and farming items you’ll need. Everything from lovely rice to tasty strawberries while also adding in an assortment of trees! This includes the elusive cinnamon tree.

Kawaii Drinks:
Work in Progress
Hot tea, Juice, iced tea, cocoa and more for drinking on hot and cold days! This is fully intended to work with mods like enviromine to give you that refreshing burst right when you need it. Fill a fully rendered pitcher or kettle (placeable blocks) with your favorite drink and then right click it with cups to drink a portion!

Kawaii Crop Super Pack Phase Two - Kawaii Spices: Future Plan
The world of cooking is filled with spices of all kinds! Pepper, salt, saffron, turmeric and more! You’ll never have to eat bland food again or just plain old spiceleaf on your beef. Spiced foods will give you bursts of flavor as well as other fun effects! Blazing chilli anyone?

Kawaii Cooking Labeled Barrel: Complete
There are lots of foods that are fermented rather than cooked! Pickles, soy sauce, booze and cheese are just a few items that will be available in the future. Toss the ingredients in a barrel and wait before you have something yummy to eat or drink. The best part is you can finally fill that cellar with all manners of strange concoctions; all while being easily labeled for convenience. We provide the barrel and you provide the label and recipe!

An Infinity of Kawaii: Complete!
Kawaii’s crops is fully modular and easy to alter. New crops can be added at your fancy with easy to follow instructions. Your server can finally have that cake plant you all have been dieing for. Freshly grown cake! Uranium plants? Sure! Be careful not to spent too much time around them! An Infinity of options are there for you! Well not an infinity, 4096 blocks to be exact, but plenty more items !

nyNN41v.png

Note, this is a complex mod and very much in Beta. We’re happy to hear about any bugs you might have find so we can correct them. There’s lots of combinations of options with just crops alone, so there’s bound to be hiccups.

Here’s a list of things we don’t need to know about:
  • Textures & Names - 99% of the time it just means the resourcepack wasn’t set up correctly
  • Multiplayer bugs - Be absolutely, 100% sure that you’re using all the same config files between server and client. Behavior is Unexpected otherwise. If you’re totally sure the files are different, then we’d be interested in hearing about it.
  • Art is hard - Yes it is. We suggest cuddling up to or hiring out your own artist if you don’t want to try your hand at it. The good news: There’s no shortage of resource/texture packs out there that you can borrow from for your own server ! If you’re posting textures for release here, please make sure you have approval to distribute them.
  • Overlapping forge dictionary sets. There’s a known, but uncommon crafting bug that exists in minecraft forge, but it requires an item to be in two different ore dictionary references, with both those references used in a recipe. If you craft with items in the wrong order it might not like your recipe.
License: This software and it’s code are released under the GNU GPL license ( http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html ) which basically states: Do whatever you’d like with it. Distribute it, use it in any mod pack without seeking permission, compile the code ( https://github.com/kawaiiwolf/kawaiicrops ) yourself and make changes to it if you really feel like it. This project was built for a custom server to make our world pretty and give us lots of fun cooking. If you want to get some use out of it too, great !

The Jar https://github.com/kawaiiwolf/kawaiicrops/releases
Source https://github.com/kawaiiwolf/kawaiicrops
Example Pack https://github.com/kawaiiwolf/kawaiicrops/releases/download/DemoConfig/DemoKawaiiCropsPack.zip

Expect bigger packs to come out later on ! If you’ve got your own pack you’d like to contribute, link the config/resource pack folder for others, just be careful and make sure you’re not distributing someone else’s copyrighted art without their permission.

Last edited:

MarkesOrelies

Jul 29, 2019
So what your basically telling me is that I can grow my own Moogle, and in bundles if I so desire. Thank you, Kupo:D
-Like the fact that configs are configurable
-Have it be able to be "do it yourself"
-Making cooking look more realistic
Well I am a lazy person, so I'll just wait for your Super pack. (problem solved)​

Reactions: 1SDAN

kawaiiwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Update: 0.5.4b

Added the "Hand Mill" cooking block. The churn just wasn't going to get enough love so now there's a miniature one in stone for grinding spices and milling grains and such.

The dump.cfg file contains even MORE useful junk now, including a list of all potion effects and living mobs, even ones registered in other mods. This is useful because now you can ....

Add your own drop tables to mobs ! Not enough bones in your cow ? Easy to fix. Did someone ask for calimari ? No ? Well, there's mutton we can add to the sheep !

ToDo: Baby animal detection ... because veal is sinfully delicious.

Download: https://github.com/kawaiiwolf/kawaiicrops/releases/tag/0.5.4b

kawaiiwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Update 0.5.6b

Added the ability to modify the drop tables for mobs, optionally clearing them, adding your own and having different tables for adult and child mobs (Say hello to Mr Veal !).

Added KawaiiClothes ! It's basically a quick wrapper for armor, because I noticed there were no mods out there that let you make a wardrobe of just regular clothes to wear. All it takes is some simple config and plenty of new .png skins.

Enjoy !

Download: https://github.com/kawaiiwolf/kawaiicrops/releases/tag/0.5.6b

noogenesis

Jul 29, 2019
Blown away by how cool this. I love the animated cooking "machines" that require resources, thus bringing more strategic gameplay to cooking vs. PHC and similar mods.

One suggestion so far: what about enabling drinkable foods via glass bottles? And integrating with the Forge fluid dictionary, so that e.g. "orange juice" is an official fluid that restores X hunger points when drunk?

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Reminds me of Nandonalt's mods. I miss his pies.

Aside from custom cakes, we can make custom storage blocks as well right? Because I miss having cheeses and other things stored in giant blocks everywhere. Also wondering if it's possible to make utilities that age cheese or freeze ice. I love the butter churn but there was an old mod that added the aforementioned blocks to the game and I'd love to go through the real process of cheese aging.

Would also love to be able to kneed dough for bread or other goods but I suspect that's a bit outside the mod's current or near-future plans. Would be nice for the future though, something that worked like the butter churn does now, except with dough on a cutting board that becomes kneaded dough after a while.

This is already looking to be a fine substitute for harvestcraft though. I love the mod, but it's a bit too abstract for me with how you go about growing things or cooking them. I love the idea of actually having kitchen tools that you place down and put things in.

Blown away by how cool this. I love the animated cooking "machines" that require resources, thus bringing more strategic gameplay to cooking vs. PHC and similar mods.

One suggestion so far: what about enabling drinkable foods via glass bottles? And integrating with the Forge fluid dictionary, so that e.g. "orange juice" is an official fluid that restores X hunger points when drunk?

Swimming pool filled with chocolate milk? :p

I'd like to add to that actually; when the drinks are implemented (they're under future plans) can they be listed as potions in the dictionary so I can place them on bibliocraft potion shelves? Looks much nicer.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019

Swimming pool filled with chocolate milk? :p

I'd like to add to that actually; when the drinks are implemented (they're under future plans) can they be listed as potions in the dictionary so I can place them on bibliocraft potion shelves? Makes my tavern look nice.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I'm having a lot of trouble trying to create custom drop tables. It seems items with meta values or items from mods other than kawaiicrops don't work at all. If meta values are supported, I can't for the life of me find out how. Here's my drop table. It looks correct, but doesn't really work. The diamond, seeds, and crop all drop correctly, but not the orange wool or shock focus. I've tested with several mod items, but nothing works.

S:"4.Drops Ripe Drop Table"=seed 1 5, seed 2 2, seed 3 1 | nothing 1 3, crop 1 1 | Thaumcraft:FocusShock 1 | minecraft:wool:1 1 | minecraft:diamond 1

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Alright. I did a bit of tinkering, and I've deduced that drop tables hate capital letters. Maybe numbers, too. I haven't found a suitable test item for that yet. But 90% of mods use capitals in item names. Why wouldn't they? I had to do some digging to find one that didn't. So yeah. Any item with capital letters in the name don't work in drop tables. For crops at least.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hope that's the right place to mention it:

There was a little issue with the frying-pan in the pack I play. It uses the frying pan with snow to make water you have to take out with empty glassbottles.
After the pack updated the frying pan kinda got bugged. It was in the state of finished cooking up the snow, but whenever you tried to right-click on it with anything in your hand, the game was shut down forcefully. ("Shutting down internal server"-message). Had to break and replace the frying pan to fix it.

kawaiiwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Update 0.5.7b Barrels !

Barrels - Ferment/Age into other items. Include multiple drop tables, two different models and custom graphic labels. Includes WAILA & NEI
support. Perfect for Aging your cheeses, Pickling your .. pickles, and possibly brewing some sort of booze ! Or just about anything else that sits in the dark and gets better with time (fruit cake maybe?). This also has options for required/forbidden nearby blocks: Make sure your ice cream stays on ice or would be ruined by the presence of a water block.

WAILA - Updated internal engine.

Metadata/Damage support for items for better cross-mod compatibilty. May still need testing.

Download: https://github.com/kawaiiwolf/kawaiicrops/releases/tag/0.5.7b

Hope that's the right place to mention it:

There was a little issue with the frying-pan in the pack I play. It uses the frying pan with snow to make water you have to take out with empty glassbottles.
After the pack updated the frying pan kinda got bugged. It was in the state of finished cooking up the snow, but whenever you tried to right-click on it with anything in your hand, the game was shut down forcefully. ("Shutting down internal server"-message). Had to break and replace the frying pan to fix it.

Heh, yeah. Beta is beta though ! Sometimes I need to change things internally which might break an older version. I've had to break the pan to remove non-existant recipes too but when I can catch them I usually try to have them fix themselves ! If you can get a trace log to me though so I knew where it broke I could patch that, since I haven't ran into any game crashing bugs in a while.

kawaiiwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. I did a bit of tinkering, and I've deduced that drop tables hate capital letters. Maybe numbers, too. I haven't found a suitable test item for that yet. But 90% of mods use capitals in item names. Why wouldn't they? I had to do some digging to find one that didn't. So yeah. Any item with capital letters in the name don't work in drop tables. For crops at least.

This should be sorted out as well, but it may need some testing.

By convention they "shouldn't" be using capitol letters in their name. The forcing of lower case on my end was to help deal with player error.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like a cute mod... puns...
I will most likely add this... maybe... there are others that I still want to add lol.
Well more things add up to my todolist... :l

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

Heh, yeah. Beta is beta though ! Sometimes I need to change things internally which might break an older version. I've had to break the pan to remove non-existant recipes too but when I can catch them I usually try to have them fix themselves ! If you can get a trace log to me though so I knew where it broke I could patch that, since I haven't ran into any game crashing bugs in a while.

The tracelog would appear in the ftb-console?
For the case it happens again.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Update 0.5.7b Barrels !

Barrels - Ferment/Age into other items. Include multiple drop tables, two different models and custom graphic labels. Includes WAILA & NEI
support. Perfect for Aging your cheeses, Pickling your .. pickles, and possibly brewing some sort of booze ! Or just about anything else that sits in the dark and gets better with time (fruit cake maybe?). This also has options for required/forbidden nearby blocks: Make sure your ice cream stays on ice or would be ruined by the presence of a water block.

WAILA - Updated internal engine.

Metadata/Damage support for items for better cross-mod compatibilty. May still need testing.

Download: https://github.com/kawaiiwolf/kawaiicrops/releases/tag/0.5.7b

This is by far the most interesting farm/cook mod I've seen thus far. I haven't used it yet, but that's mostly because I'm waiting on it to go farther along in development and if it might get a content pack release that meets my needs. If not, I'll probably end up making my own when it's more complete, which I probably could do, I'm just lazy. ;v

Please keep working on this though. I can see this being extremely useful for someone like me who likes to build complex survival instances.