[1.7.10][Beta][HQM] Jovian - Custom Ores, Mob Drops, and More

MaWo

Jul 29, 2019
I can only view the questline for the Thermal-Jetpacks. It says, if i finishing the first quest, it's disable the other line. But how can i open the alternative questline?
How can i travel to io? For progressing on Callistoan Demise and Terrestrial Hope i need energetic alloys. I'm stucking on Calistoan Demise at 55% and Terrestrial Hope at 48%. Ionian Wasteland and End of Worlds are not enabled yet.

Same for me. Only the Thermal Jetpack. And when i build it, it doesnt get detected. manual detection doesnt work either.
Also on the "Charged & Ready (TE)" quest it doesnt detect the Redstone Flux Pack, so i'm completely stuck now.

Atbain101

Jul 29, 2019
Idk if this is where to report bugs, but I found a random hole to bedrock with a water source above it. At X: -69, Z: -35. And every piece of granite is dropping a music disc; qwertygiy -- Granite (Hardcore Ender Expansion)

Paul Bradley

Jul 29, 2019
Same for me. Only the Thermal Jetpack. And when i build it, it doesnt get detected. manual detection doesnt work either.
Also on the "Charged & Ready (TE)" quest it doesnt detect the Redstone Flux Pack, so i'm completely stuck now.
Really enjoying this mod pack but also have the same issue with the lead stone Jetpack. Fully crafted from scratch but the questing book does not recognise - please help

Zartanio

Jul 29, 2019
In the current version, I never got access to a quest I saw in an LP - "Life Finds A Way." When I enabled the editor and took a look at the book, it requires obtaining Spawn eggs. One of them is a Spawn Cow, but NEI doesn't show that object available at all. I'm wondering if it got accidentaly deleted along the way. Regardless, can't seem to move forward along that track.

I noticed the pack author hasn't logged on in over a month. I hope that this hasn't been abandoned, because it was a great idea and I was really enjoying it!

Pegman93

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who's completely unable to locate any Yellorite ore? Maybe it's just incredibly rare, but it does seem like it's not genning in. Anyone else having this issue?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
is there going to be any more updates on the pack?

I have to say that he makes really good packs that have good story to them, but they are short. I really like the last one, and was almost done with rebuilding the awsome factory, but I lost my Laptop and everything on it.

J

JoeSlayer3

Am I the only one who's completely unable to locate any Yellorite ore? Maybe it's just incredibly rare, but it does seem like it's not genning in. Anyone else having this issue?
It's pretty rare, about as rare as diamonds, which seems to be rarer than usual, it also generates at similar levels (as well as ferrous ore) and looks 98% like gold ore. I actually mined my first Yellorite ore by accident while branch mining, thought it was gold.

I hope the modpack maker hasn't given up on this because there is a lot of work left.
i had to read all 7 pages of comments here to find out how to get a blaze rod, which i need to get a brew stand, to get a water breathing potion, to get a damn ink sac. I really don't see why squid spawning had to be disabled. Also lighting a flying creature on fire (a blizz) is a bit difficult, they also spawn very rarely. All this so i can make a Book and Quill to make some enchanted books to get a better bow.

Also i'm currently kinda stuck with the quest line because i need a bunch of nether stuff to build the stuff needed to progress, like nether bricks for a Magma Crucible, blaze rods to make a lava fabricator, signalum for the Reinforced Jetpack. And apparently all of that is on IO, for which the quest line has not opened yet.

Wasting 12 precious diamonds for the rock crusher, which i'm obviously never gonna use was a bitter pill to swallow, and you also need 3 blocks of steel for it and guess what you need to make 4 ingots of right after that quest, yepp, 4 steel ingots, so why isn't this quest before the one for the rock crusher ?

And please switch out the current minimap mod for Journey Map, it's sooooooooo much better.

The top of Callisto (where part of the ship is) has a weird snow pattern of a very big rectangular block, like someone used a world editor or something, should get that fixed.

I used a flint and steel on a swimming creeper while i was under water, the blast took me down to half a heart, is that normal ? i thought water negated blast damage, it does on blocks anyway.

While watching Biffa's lets play of this modpack i noticed he got a quest for a flint mattock and some other ones, i'm rocking a manyullyn pick and sword already and never got that quest to open, what am i doing wrong ? I'm gonna have to search for and watch other lets plays of this modpack to hopefully see what i'm missing.

Also most HQM modpacks allow you to choose between hardcore (a limited number of lives) and normal difficulty (infinite respawns), this pack needs that as well. I never go for the limited number of lives, cuz if i run out i also run out and play some other modpack, i ain't redoing multiple days if not weeks worth of work, that is way too boring.

All in all not a bad pack, but like all of the other ones i've played it's missing the spit and polish needed to make it really enjoyable.

EDIT: so i managed to make the Redstone Energy Cell using the smeltery, but apparently that needs to be full, full of 20 million RF ?!?!?!? and another 10 million for the Flux pack, seems i'll be playing for a while, that or loose all motivation, like for all HQM modpacks i played before this one.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I hope the modpack maker hasn't given up on this because there is a lot of work left.
The pack is one year old in 2 weeks, not a single post on the thread in the last 6 months and you still hope he his working on the pack?

Sorry to bring you the news but you are putting your hopes in the wrong place...

J

JoeSlayer3

Sorry to bring you the news but you are putting your hopes in the wrong place...

Chill dude, no need to be so pessimistic, also hope never dies, but it seems like it died in you a long time ago, you have my condolences.

rmfranco

Jul 29, 2019
Since the pack maker doesn't look at this, I'll tell the players: When playing this pack, my Mac laptop turns off without warning. I can play about an hour, and it gets hot like other games make it, but without warning, it'll turn off, as if I had held the power button, to turn it off like that. This doesn't happen with other packs. I can post the report to Apple the next time it happens.

A few things: I play other games with no problem. This pack, I can only get to work playing it online. If I try offline, I get the Dummy core error.
Although my Mac gets hot, I alway use a fan, which I think helps.

Outside of this pack, this happens maybe once every few months. I started this pack about 2 weeks ago, and it's happened 3 times in those 2 weeks.

Any info you'ed need from me to help me solve this?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Dang necro, thought there was a hot new pack to play. Then again, if it was good a year ago probably still OK today as long as I can download it.