[1.7.10][Beta][HQM] Jovian - Custom Ores, Mob Drops, and More

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
There are some spawns of Dimensional Shard Ore as you come out of the ship and go left. The Bonsai room is a reference to Cowboy Bebop because that is what the ship is based off of. There is a note on the right hand page of the quest book saying all the saplings were destroyed.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Submitted version 0.7.0 for approval. The big change in this update is now Zombies and Zombie Pigmen hold the logs they are going to drop. Skeletons also wear logs on their head. No more guessing if a mob is going to drop one.

Version 0.7.0
Updated:
  • RF Drills
  • Railcraft
Changed:
  • Fixed typo in Biome Tweaker config (now HEE Scorched Lenses can spawn on Io)
  • Halved the amount of mirrors required for “Solar Power” quest
  • Zombies and Zombie Pigmen now hold logs so you know if it’s going to drop or not. they drop 2-4 logs each
  • Skeletons wear logs on their head
  • Made wood from reward bags rarer (I may completely remove them depending on the feedback from the previous changes)
  • Fixed “Charged and Ready” capacitor bank detection
  • Removed Big Writing Book from “The Forge” quest
  • Proofread and edited a few quest descriptions (if you see an error tell me where it is so I can fix it)
  • Added quest for RF Drills new tool (unfortunately it's only for the TE questline)
  • Silver Sword will now detect at any damage
  • Changed quest “Old and Dusty” to a different location and to detect Traveler’s Boots, reward gives the Weathered Axe that I forgot to put in the previous location
  • Fixed typo in Spider Mob Properties Script, now when killing a Spider there is a 10% chance to spawn 2-5 half health Cave Spiders that drop Chicken eggs
  • Blizz drop Blaze Rods if killed while on fire
  • Baby Zombies drop Ghast Tears
  • Chickens drop ink sacks if they have a Water Breathing potion effect

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
- Making 16 Factorization mirrors is a real kick in the balls. It costs 2 full stacks of silver ingots before you have any kind of ore doubling. The slag furnace doesn't help - it yields more lead from silver ore than it does silver. I ended up making a set of EnderIO machines just to start on the Factorization machines
While I wouldn't run it for any longer than necessary, the Applied Energistics Grindstone is available as soon as you mine three AE quartz, have a furnace, and have a few pieces of lumber and cobblestone. Tedious, but a lot less than swimming to get twice the silver.

It might make sense to have an optional quest for that block, especially since it also significantly stretches out Wheat if you've managed to find any wheat seeds.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
While I wouldn't run it for any longer than necessary, the Applied Energistics Grindstone is available as soon as you mine three AE quartz, have a furnace, and have a few pieces of lumber and cobblestone. Tedious, but a lot less than swimming to get twice the silver.

It might make sense to have an optional quest for that block, especially since it also significantly stretches out Wheat if you've managed to find any wheat seeds.
The amount of mirrors required has been in version 0.7.0, which is now on the launcher! I'll look into seeing if a grindstone quest will fit in.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the amount of mirrors was fine. It made me get a smeltery up and running to get the mats needed for it. However, I have never used Factorization before and I find it difficult to figure out. Even with the book, online videos, etc.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
I chose to put the Factorization quests first because it offers the earliest and cheapest way to get any sort of ore bonuses, and steam to power other machines. I think the minimum number of mirrors you need for steam is 3.

Even though it wouldn't make much sense, I wanted to make the Smeltery run off steam and have it only melt metals with a low melting temp, (tin, lead, bronze, gold silver, copper) but I don't think that's possible short of writing my own mod.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
You can remove Recipes from the TConstruct Smeltery pretty easily, but I don't think you can change it from using Lava as fuel. Mariculture's Cruicible Furnace is more customizable, including changing fuels to include Steam, but you'd need to tweak its recipe pretty heavily to match progression, and very few players understand how it works, and I don't know that the rest of Mariculture matches the pack tone terribly well.

EDIT: were the mobs bumped up in difficulty? I restarted and got one-shot pretty much out of the gate by a Psycho Creeper.

Last edited:

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
You can remove Recipes from the TConstruct Smeltery pretty easily, but I don't think you can change it from using Lava as fuel. Mariculture's Cruicible Furnace is more customizable, including changing fuels to include Steam, but you'd need to tweak its recipe pretty heavily to match progression, and very few players understand how it works, and I don't know that the rest of Mariculture matches the pack tone terribly well.

EDIT: were the mobs bumped up in difficulty? I restarted and got one-shot pretty much out of the gate by a Psycho Creeper.

Yeah, Mariculture is nice that it's customizable but it definitely wouldn't fit in with the rest of the mods in this pack.

The Psycho Creeper is just a regular Creeper with an invisible Ocelot on its head to make it run around. It shouldn't do any more damage than a regular Creeper.

Psygantic

Jul 29, 2019
The Psycho Creeper is just a regular Creeper with an invisible Ocelot on its head to make it run around. It shouldn't do any more damage than a regular Creeper.
Most of my deaths were from psycho creepers. Maybe it's just that they don't give you time to get distance from them, but they are definitely more lethal.

Biochao, how "done" would you say this pack is? Are you polishing and bugfixing, or are you making substantial changes?

Last edited:

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Biochao, how "done" would you say this pack is? Are you polishing and bugfixing, or are you making substantial changes?

I still need to work out the whole not returning to the overworld issue, so the end game may change. I'd like to have a few quests to do in the overworld. (Victory Monument building) But I'm pretty sure the world is set, so no world resets will be required. The rest of what I have to do is bugfix and in-game documentation.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
I just sumitted version 0.8.1 to the 3rd Party Pack Team.

It "fixes" not being able to return to the overworld. But instead of returning to overworld Earth, you'll actually create your own Earth RFtools dimension. You'll get a realized dimension tab in the final quest. It is exactly the same as the true overworld that's been in the map before.

Wumpsi

Jul 29, 2019
I can only view the questline for the Thermal-Jetpacks. It says, if i finishing the first quest, it's disable the other line. But how can i open the alternative questline?
How can i travel to io? For progressing on Callistoan Demise and Terrestrial Hope i need energetic alloys. I'm stucking on Calistoan Demise at 55% and Terrestrial Hope at 48%. Ionian Wasteland and End of Worlds are not enabled yet.

Reactions: MaWo

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone managed to get a resourcepack loaded with this modpack, because when I try it errors and reverts back to default, even a stripped down RP with just vanilla textures in.

Slayeds

Jul 29, 2019
Will there be an server download anytime soon, because i really want to play this with a friend.:D
Or is there an easy way to make it a server?:confused: