[1.7.10][Beta][HQM] Jovian - Custom Ores, Mob Drops, and More

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Stuck on nether items - quartz, blaze rod, magma cream, etc.

Also haven't seen ferrous ore anywhere

Charged and Ready doesn't seem to detect the capacitor bank
What are you trying to do that needs nether items?

Ferrous ore is quite rare but there is a bit within a 50 block radius of the ship.

I probably have to change it so HQM doesn't care about metadata if you use the ship's capacitor banks for detection.

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
FYI... there is a bug in Railcraft 9.5 that is included with this pack, you cant open the gui on a coke oven without crashing, which makes it useless and harder to make steel as you need to then use charcoal and wood is pretty limited. 9.6.1 resolves this, I just updated by dropping the new jar in the modpack's mods folder and it was all good.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
FYI... there is a bug in Railcraft 9.5 that is included with this pack, you cant open the gui on a coke oven without crashing, which makes it useless and harder to make steel as you need to then use charcoal and wood is pretty limited. 9.6.1 resolves this, I just updated by dropping the new jar in the modpack's mods folder and it was all good.

You can make steel in the Tinkers Smeltery with Coal and iron.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
I'll update Railcraft in the next update. But as @RehabOholic said there are other ways to make steel. (Induction Smelter, Melting Chainmail in a Smeltery, Coal/Iron in a Smeltery, I even added a Steel recipe for the Alloy Smelter)
You need nether stuff to make the Lava Fabricator the quest asks for?
Ah, that is an oversight on my part then. I'll either change that recipe, or add ways to get those drops in the next update.

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure I searched NEI for other steel recipe's.. derp on my part!
I just beat the ender dragon, the portal took me back to my bed on the ship not the overworld ?!?!?!?
Also the quests for IO and the overworld have never unlocked, should they? I'm stuck at around 50% for each of the first 2 quest chapters with nothing else unlocked to complete.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Lava Fab takes nether items

I crafted my own capacitor bank and it still didnt' recog
It is 100% powered right?
Anyway, I just edited and tested that quest to make sure it worked when breaking a capacitor bank and charging it. Should work fine however you get a capacitor bank in the next update.

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, quest text doesn't mention it needs to be 100%

The Weathered Axe doesn't appear to be in the chest at 11, 51, -202 where the location quest states to go

I had both quests for Wehuj and Padrok - killed one and got credit for both

Also couldn't find the Big Writing Book

Last edited:

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
I found a way to get a sapling before getting to the overworld, I won't post it here but I can PM you if you want to know.
I still can't get to the overworld, I have removed my bed in the ship in the hope that it would spawn me in the overworld but no luck, looks like im stuck out near Jupiter for ever! Is there any other way, (like cheating, editing a file, anything to get back to the overworld?)

YT|LMoBtRiX

Jul 29, 2019
Dear players, I'm a minecraft modpack youtuber and have decided to make a series with this amazing pack. Feel free to click the video and watch it. :)

Reactions: Biochao

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck at around 50% for each of the first 2 quest chapters with nothing else unlocked to complete.
The first chapter has 10 hidden Record quests you get by killing mobs in different ways. Eventually there will be hint books on how to get the drops, but Not Enough Resources can tell you how to get most records.
The second chapter does have the TE/EIO quest options so maybe one of the lines aren't getting locked correctly.
The Weathered Axe doesn't appear to be in the chest at 11, 51, -202 where the location quest states to go
I had both quests for Wehuj and Padrok - killed one and got credit for both
Also couldn't find the Big Writing Book
Looks like I didn't put the Axe or book in the chests... So nobody has to restart a world I'll change the "Old and Dusty" quest to a different location and item and remove the book requirement and instead give it as a reward somewhere else.
I thought that might be an issue with the Ender Eyes. Not much I can do about it now besides remove one. I may end up doing that later.
I found a way to get a sapling before getting to the overworld, I won't post it here but I can PM you if you want to know.
I still can't get to the overworld, I have removed my bed in the ship in the hope that it would spawn me in the overworld but no luck, looks like im stuck out near Jupiter for ever! Is there any other way, (like cheating, editing a file, anything to get back to the overworld?)
There is a sapling that can be found while on Callisto, it's not particularly easy to farm though, which is why I left it in. I even added a way to get it from a mob. There's also a rare chance to get very small Forestry trees in a reward bag.

I'm not sure what to do about the End portal respawn location. In vanilla, going though an End Portal in the End brings you to the overworld spawn. I didn't think Perfect Spawn would change that. Removing it though, would make it so that if you die in a RFtools dimension, you would spawn in dimension you were in, leaving you vulnerable to the atmosphere since you don't have the Space Helm.
To fix this, I'm thinking on either using Mob Properties to run a /set block command when you kill the Dragon to set a Matter Receiver in the overworld.
Or I could ask @McJty if there is a way to send a Matter Receiver to the overworld like its possible to do when making a new dimension.

Last edited:

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I had thought it was essential to the game play that you didn't get a sapling while on Callisto, the way I got one was to use an MFR fisher and it eventually gives you rubber tree saplings, i got 2 in a few hours and was able to get a decent tree farm running with these, it also gives infinite rubber & plastic.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I'm not sure what to do about the End portal respawn location. In vanilla, going though an End Portal in the End brings you to the overworld spawn. I didn't think Perfect Spawn would change that. Removing it though, would make it so that if you die in a RFtools dimension, you would spawn in dimension you were in, leaving you vulnerable to the atmosphere since you don't have the Space Helm.
To fix this, I'm thinking on either using Mob Properties to run a /set block command when you kill the Dragon to set a Matter Receiver in the overworld.
Or I could ask @McJty if there is a way to send a Matter Receiver to the overworld like its possible to do when making a new dimension.

If you can find the dimension tab for the overworld then you can send a matter receiver to it.

So no, not possible atm :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I notice that there isn't a recipe for fused quartz which means alot of things in EIO aren't possibly made since the EIO recipes dont' take hardened glass from TE, tho the opposite is normally true. Trying to make a decision what to choose for the reward in chapter 1 (nether quartz, blaze powder, necrotic bones) and finding that interesting if that's an NEI screwup or intended.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
I notice that there isn't a recipe for fused quartz which means alot of things in EIO aren't possibly made since the EIO recipes dont' take hardened glass from TE, tho the opposite is normally true.
That's a side affect of me disabling Alloy Smelter alloy recipes. I'll add the Quartz back in and see if I can make the EIO recipes use Hardened Glass as well.

I'm hoping to have the next update ready for upload by tomorrow. It may not have a fix for the End Portal teleportation problem though.

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of other points, Apples are hard to come by, I only found maybe 2 in the dungeon and otherwise you don't get any till the overworld (or find the saplings in the end...) They are needed for the heart canisters which are very helpful when trying to complete the dungeon, maybe they want a recipe too?

I couldn't complete the quest to kill the Ender dragon because I had already killed it before the quest unlocked so it's stuck now and can't be completed. Also the instructions to pickup the dragon egg backfired on me. I right clicked it with a sword, it turned into an item and dropped down off it's pillar into the end portal and disappeared forever. So I couldn't complete the next quest either. (I used /hqm edit and shift-click to complete them though)

I made it to the overworld using NBTexplorer. I opened up Level.dat and found under the player section the dimension setting. Changed it from 3 to 0 and spawned in the overworld when reloading the save. Make sure you are high up before doing this so you don't spawn in rocks and suffocate. So the process is load up with stuff for the overworld, fly up high, exit your savegame, edit the level.dat and reload your savegame, you will now be in the overworld. I took a set of RFTools matter transport stuff so I could get back and forth easily after this.

I had a great time getting through the pack however there wasn't much left to do once reaching the overworld, perhaps you need another quest line there?

Reactions: RehabOholic

gamermsn

Jul 29, 2019
i just started and i can't find any dimensional ore things and was there supposed to be a tree in the bonsai room if not what is the point of it.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
i just started and i can't find any dimensional ore things and was there supposed to be a tree in the bonsai room if not what is the point of it.

Under water around the ship is the ore you seek. What Bonsai Room?, or are you talking about the room with the pots?