[1.7.10] Arch-Mage Craft - Masters of Magic

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the Automagy and Tinkerer updates happened before he updated the mod pack, I was a bit surprised he didn't catch them. That was the main reason I posted about it, as I am not one to post news on this thread the moment that something updates, only after a reasonable amount of time has passed and possibly a single modpack update just to give a nudge that not all the mods were updated.

Edit: The Automagy update was actually a full sub-version number increase (.18 to .19), it had a major addition, the Requisition Tome. So it wasn't just a compatibility/bug fix update.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
On a random note, has anyone tried out Agricraft? I am thinking of adding it to my SP Archmage pack. It looks like all the fun of crop breeding without the need for tech.

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
I added the Armor Imbuement Dispelling to my pants and now every time I join the server it says "Internal Server Error". I am trying to take off my pants but even if it says I take them off they are back on me when I crash and come back.

Valeriotor

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the same thing happened with z1rker, he couldn't join anymore after he had been trying to imbue his pants, maybe the imbuement was dispelling as well.

zirkerr

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the same thing happened with z1rker, he couldn't join anymore after he had been trying to imbue his pants, maybe the imbuement was dispelling as well.

yes it was :( are you able to kill me for the brief moment that i am logged in?

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the crash caused by the Dispelling imbuement, I reported it to Mithion and he requires a server log file to help with the problem. I am speaking directly to Skid, by the way.

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm, I have not seen this mod before. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Edit: Ok, after looking at the researches available in this mod, I have concluded that (if they work) this mod author is a coding wizard. Interesting themes abound in this mod, focusing mostly on manipulating souls and flesh, with mechanics such as modifying creatures, creating villagers from pretty much nothing and cheating death itself (if we didn't have Soulbound enchants this would be a more viable way to keep your stuff, as viable as one primordial pearl per reincarnation is). Granted, I did not actually test the mod, just looked at the available research, so I do not know the level of bugginess the mod possess. But I would like to see this added as it provides a wealth of content.

Last edited:

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm, I have not seen this mod before. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Edit: Ok, after looking at the researches available in this mod, I have concluded that (if they work) this mod author is a coding wizard. Interesting themes abound in this mod, focusing mostly on manipulating souls and flesh, with mechanics such as modifying creatures, creating villagers from pretty much nothing and cheating death itself (if we didn't have Soulbound enchants this would be a more viable way to keep your stuff, as viable as one primordial pearl per reincarnation is). Granted, I did not actually test the mod, just looked at the available research, so I do not know the level of bugginess the mod possess. But I would like to see this added as it provides a wealth of content.
Its a very new mod. I have not noticed any major bugs yet. I really hope it gets added to the pack. Its really really cool. And the mod author seems to have a good eye for balance.

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
With our mod pack I crashed immediately upon attempting to use the blood infusion table thingy (I can't remember the name, it sounded Latin-y) for making the syringes. It could be because of the messed up potion effect configs we have, as the syringes could have attempted to call an undefined potion ID.

Edit: As for balance, I would like it if the mirrored amulet didn't completely break on use, as that is one primordial pearl per amulet and those things are rare as hell. If the amulet "cracked" and had to be fixed with perhaps some more mirrored glass, some balanced shards and possibly infusion (it would be nice to have configs for this item, possibly instead of infusion just arcane workbench recipe) I would think that would be a bit kinder. Also, the goggle lenses, I want the scholar lens on my ichor helm, but alas it is not to be. To make it so you could permanently attach a lens to any helm would be nice. I should really go suggest this on that forum page. Along with possibly a new mechanic to re-summon a particular entity that had been killed (if you read the "musing on life and death" or one the related researches it says that attempting to recreate a particular soul is a fool's errand, what if that soul was "marked" before death?)

Last edited:

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like the potion ids
Edit: Pretty sure, it is an id conflict. Not sure how to fix it. This mod seems to lack a config

Last edited:

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Has dungeon loot been altered? It all looks pretty vanillaish. Seems weird to me with all these mods that add loot.
Edit: Nevermind, I am just getting really really unlucky....I am now using my botania loonium to slowly mill infinity orbs....seems kinda OP. But it is awesome.

Last edited:

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
I looked at the other reports of this same bug that I am having with the dispelling crash on the am2 github forums. What has been causing this crash for other people is Infernal Mobs according to Mithion. When people are hit by infernal mobs they crash. I crash without being hit but we do have infernal mobs so I was wondering if we could try removing Infernal Mobs temporarily from the server to see if that will allow z1rkerr and I back onto the server. I do not think that Infernal Mobs adds any items but copying the config would be a good idea if you choose to do this idea considering how I am fairly sure it has custom potion effects.

Valeriotor

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone still breathing?
I am still here, although I've been playing on the server a lot less (Been playing Vanilla Minigames). I was mostly waiting for Skid to update the pack so we can get Witchery's vampires, but maybe it's better to wait for an eventual AM2 update so that the terrible dispelling crash goes away (hopefully) . Still, I wonder if Skid is still going to be active on this modpack, as he hasn't posted in a while, and isn't playing the pack much anymore himself. Hopefully he hasn't abandoned us (and I strongly doubt he would do so), this pack being my current favourite and the test server one of the most lag-free and fun (mob griefing on, only friendly people, etc.).

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone still breathing?
As it's probably quite obvious, I am still here in spirit as I can unfortunately not get onto the server. I do hope Skid still checks this forum still, otherwise he would not be able to help solve the problems that we are having or update the pack when necessary. I just hope the test server does not become barren. I am aware that many players have stopped playing altogether.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I mostly play singleplayer. But I am really looking forward to witchery update. I would also like Thaumic Horizons and Witchery Gadgets. And if Skid quits, I hope he passes the torch off to someone else.

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
Delcar unfortunately the modpack author, as well as the server, has mostly gone dead. I was one of the most active players until a bug made it impossible for me to join. So the server is basically dead overall.

H

High-Witch-Harkon

now i can see theres a long time sense this was made but i dont know how to pm here XD but i realy want to join your server! my mc name is ARCH_Mage_Harkon
ik both witchery and thaumcraft very well but can learn new things XD never been banned and have been head admin before so i know how to behave XD plz whitlist me XD