[1.7.10] Arch-Mage Craft - Masters of Magic

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
That means that someone did something that caused it to crash, it just gives the generic "server closed".

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, try resetting your router, rebooting your computer, the general things you try when troubleshooting, it should fix your problem in my experience.

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
Funny thing just happened to me on the server, so consider this story a PSA in the use of elemental fires. I went to the bedrock dimension to get a bunch of iron (almost a full inventory of ore) and, instead of going through the tedium of refining it using the pickaxe of the core or just chucking it all into the furnace, I decided to use ordo elemental fire. For those of you that do not know what this does, it consumes a block of what it considers "ore", and either replacing it with a block of the metal (block of iron in this case) or simply consuming it without return. Turns out the algorithm used to determine what is valid ore considers dirt and cobblestone to be valid, as Extra Utilities contains a condensed version of dirt and cobble for storage (I am guessing the algorithm searches for "condensing" recipes, 3x3 of the material), so my ordo fire proceeded to attempt to burn the countryside rapidly. I only managed to contain it by using perditio fire, which turns all elemental fires to normal fire, and even then it was difficult. The lesson here, it seems, is thus: when playing with fire, be very, very careful and try to do so in a contained area (who would have thunk it?)

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
Flying around in the End caused a crash, I am currently in mid air over the void, so when I log in again going to have toe be quick with the flying otherwise goodbye kami armor (damn soulbound bug).

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
And fighting the Life guardian caused a crash when using the shadowbeam focus on it, might have to do with it and magic damage, as using that focus on the Arcane guardian didn't have any ill effect. Hurrah for unseen consequences of mod interactions.

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
This is technically a bug, but I am not sure if you will exempt us from our "prison" because of it. Valeriotor and Forger101 were trapped in the Spa Day age (the one with the purifying liquid) and Forger, with the linking book, had died and couldn't get it back. When they asked me to throw one through to Mystcraft crystal portal, i pressed q to throw the book through, but I got teleported through for some reason, and the book vanished from my inventory, and was not on the ground. So I was wondering if it would be okay for you to teleport us out of the dimension, since we are stuck there technically because of a glitch.

Reactions: Valeriotor

Valeriotor

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, we're stuck. I tried using another account (that of my dear friend Giuseppide, who will probably tear me apart when he knows it). When books were dropped they disappeared (burned I guess).
If it isn't possible to teleport us, would it be at least possible for anyone to rescue us? The book to the dimension is in Forger101's base, go through the crystal portal, while bringing a linking book, maybe a bookstand, (we have already got one but it'd be wise to bring another) and save us 4 by doing it. Remember the age is so unstable that, among poison, weakness, mining fatigue, hunger, fire, and lots of mobs, it'd be wise to bring good gear, but no precious items. Remember that dying means respawning in the same dimension, with nothing though.
Any help would be appreciated, commemorated, and celebrated!
Sigh we are doomed otherwise.

Forger101

Jul 29, 2019
In my defense, I was trying to setup a thirstytank on a transposer in the ocean of liquid for public use. Then all the crazy shenanigans happened. But all in all it was a wild adventure.

Reactions: MissLid

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
To note the way to get out of a Mystcraft Age if you forget your book, is to use the resources in that age to keep making new random age books until you find an age with a Rift, then just jump in. Also Ars Magica Divine Intervention should teleport people back to the overworld, Self -> AoE -> Divine Intervention.

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
I know there is a feature in Mystcraft that if you kill direwolf20 or Soaryn in one of those dimensions, that the instability stops for a bit. I know this may sound weird, but is it possible to make it so if you kill anyone in one of the ages it temporarily removes instability? Because I'm not going to lie, I killed Forger101 probably over 10 times since he didn't have any items and I was bored. So because of that, reducing instability when a player is killed seems like a good idea.