[1.7.10] Arcane Arteries [Blood Magic addon]

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
0.4 is here :)

Added:
Recipes to turn mana/thaumic slates into reinforced slates
Sacrificial Knife for EvilCraft - 400 LP a cut. (due to my lack of knowledge of this mod, you may find this to be a little over/underpowered)
Config options for slates/runes recipes (including the recently added slate -> reinforced slate recipe)
Update checker? (I couldn't get it to work, but the code is there... it may work. If it does, shout at me!)
Probably other stuff... It's been a few weeks since I last touched the mod. Nothing major though.

Removed:
Nothing

Changed:
Mod no longer needs both Botania and Thaumcraft to run. Instead of all recipes being registered in one class, they are now in separate classes, which only get called if one of the mods which Arcane Arteries supports is detected.

Grab it here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/230977-arcane-arteries/files/2242559

Reactions: Padfoote

SkullyGamingMC

Jul 29, 2019
Sacrificial Knife for EvilCraft - 400 LP a cut. (due to my lack of knowledge of this mod, you may find this to be a little over/underpowered)
How do you get the Evil Blade? I have both EvilCraft and Arcane Arteries installed, but nothing appears in NEI. Have you not added a recipe yet?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the Evil Blade? I have both EvilCraft and Arcane Arteries installed, but nothing appears in NEI. Have you not added a recipe yet?
craft like so:
F
F
D
Where F is Werewolf flesh and D is the sacrificial knife.

However, if should show o_O
If you look in NEI, and just search "Arcane Arteries" you should see all the items from the mod :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
craft like so:
F
F
D
Where F is Werewolf flesh and D is the sacrificial knife.

However, if should show o_O
If you look in NEI, and just search "Arcane Arteries" you should see all the items from the mod :)
Ignore everything this person says. They are wrong...

I decided it would be smart to accidentally forget to change the caps issue >_> Gimme 10-15 minutes, and I'll upload a fix :)

SkullyGamingMC

Jul 29, 2019
Ignore everything this person says. They are wrong...

I decided it would be smart to accidentally forget to change the caps issue >_> Gimme 10-15 minutes, and I'll upload a fix :)
Hahaha. Also, if it requires Werewolf Flesh, it might be a little underpowered. Believe me when I say Werewolves in EvilCraft are very, very rare.

SkullyGamingMC

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend having to craft it using Blood Infusion Cores around a Sacrifical Knife, like this:
NCN
CSC
NCN
N = Nothing
C = Blood Infusion Core
S = Sacrifical Knife
In my opinion, that should be fairly balanced, seeing as it requires a good amount of EvilCraft Blood to create the Cores.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hahaha. Also, if it requires Werewolf Flesh, it might be a little underpowered. Believe me when I say Werewolves in EvilCraft are very, very rare.
Well I don't know anything about the mod, and the mod spotlights for it aren't very useful :p

To be honest, I was going to make it so that you just put a sacrificial dagger in a blood infuser... but, seeing as I have no idea what recipes I am looking for that use this, let alone how to use EvilCraft's API (it's almost as horrible as Thaumcraft's), I decided it will get a vanilla crafting recipe. Just because I felt bad that I promised it, but still hadn't put anything out :p

But you can grab the fix here :)
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/230977-arcane-arteries/files/2242581

SkullyGamingMC

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't know anything about the mod, and the mod spotlights for it aren't very useful :p
I can agree with you about the outdated spotlights. I didn't want to specify any exact LP per use or crafting recipes at first as this is your mod, not mine. Nevertheless I thank you for taking my suggestion and adding integration for EvilCraft. :D

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I can agree with you about the outdated spotlights. I didn't want to specify any exact LP per use or crafting recipes at first as this is your mod, not mine. Nevertheless I thank you for taking my suggestion and adding integration for EvilCraft. :D
What I will probably do is add some config options for mods I don't understand :p
And if there I can find how to do the blood infusion, I will make that the default, but for other mods with cool crafting mechanics that accept multiple blocks, I will look into custom crafting configs (assuming they don't have minetweaker/modtweaker support) :)

Reactions: Padfoote

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should probably balance it a bit smarter. As it's a cross compat mod you should add costs/drawbacks relevant to the combined mod.
Like every time you use the Thaumcraft dagger you incur a moderate gain in temporary warp.
The botania one should require an exponential cost in mana for each concurrent use, if out of mana it should half your current health and bleed you for a time whilst nerfing your LP income for the duration. The cost increase will be on a cooldown returning to normal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I like this mod it looks really interesting, but is there anyway to nerf the knifes?
There will be, I will be doing a double whamy nerfing next update:
easy vs hard mode recipes (hard mode will be new recipes)
hard mode will stay as they are - a little increase to the thaumic knife
easy mode will be lower values, but configurable (I may make it so if someone put a number over 80% of the hard mode recipes, it will revert to the default, dunno yet)

Like every time you use the Thaumcraft dagger you incur a moderate gain in temporary warp.
The botania one should require an exponential cost in mana for each concurrent use, if out of mana it should half your current health and bleed you for a time whilst nerfing your LP income for the duration. The cost increase will be on a cooldown returning to normal.
No, not gonna happen.
2 reasons:
1) I hate warp, so I would never add anything to make warp worse (even if it was temporary)
2) Botania, when you get to the point you can make the knife, is so easy to get mana, that the only time you would see it cost mana is when you are spending 1/4 of a mana pool a cut - or similar)
Also, the mod is meant to be easy mode for Blood Magic. So I don't feel like making it harder than ramping up the recipe costs/lowering values of LP gotten.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmk. So it's an I win button for blood magic huh? Then why bother with cross mod interaction? Why not just make a better knife with vanilla or blood magic materials? Why the interaction if you are not going to do something clever with it.
So essentialy this mod is just a way of being able to fill a t5 altar in a few clicks. Or is it like fobidden magic, merely giveing you a head start if you are already proficient in another mod?

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So essentialy this mod is just a way of being able to fill a t5 altar in a few clicks. Or is it like fobidden magic, merely giveing you a head start if you are already proficient in another mod?
The latter. Hence why I didn't make stuff like a manasteel dagger, I made it so you at least needed Elven research. Or you didn't just use Arcane Workbench, you needed the Infusion Altar.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Do these new knifes at least hurt you more? Because I can see folks not bother with automating mobs for slaughter opting to rush some elementium for the buff dagger. 1000 lp a click is too good to pass up. The only way I can see that would prevent this if you also added buffed sacrificial daggers.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The only way I can see that would prevent this if you also added buffed sacrificial daggers.
Huh?

Do these new knifes at least hurt you more? Because I can see folks not bother with automating mobs for slaughter opting to rush some elementium for the buff dagger. 1000 lp a click is too good to pass up. The only way I can see that would prevent this if you also added buffed sacrificial daggers.
No they don't. But that is one of the things I will probably change for the easy mode knives (2.5 hearts maybe)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
You should make a really customizable config where you can select which knifes are creatable/usable, how much lp per click, and how much damage per click, whether you use easy or hard recipes. Just anything that could effect the knife. And then could you also make more knives? (Not just magic but try tech like EnderIO)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You should make a really customizable config where you can select which knifes are creatable/usable, how much lp per click, and how much damage per click, whether you use easy or hard recipes. Just anything that could effect the knife. And then could you also make more knives? (Not just magic but try tech like EnderIO)
I would never do tech knives because "tech" isn't hard to hit mid-end game with, unlike mods like Botania and Thaumcraft.

As for the configurable dagger, there is already one like that :)

Hard/easy mode is something I need to add still :p