[1.7.10] AgriCraft

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
The mystical flowers should get you petals when harvested.

I'm using it in my own pack and it is working.

Using 1.3.0 version of Agricraft.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with the mystical seeds for botania dropping nothing when harvested and the book says they have no fruits so are they not fully implemented yet? or what am i doing wrong?
Update to 1.3.0, it was a bug in 1.2.2 where the crops were being registered before the petals so the petals didn't technically exist when the crops were loaded on launch.

Reactions: InfinityRaider

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
Story First, then the Question. :)

For awhile I have wanted to put together a HQM modpack featuring farming as the sole resource gathering mechanic. Your Agricraft looks like the perfect core mod, along with magical crops, to allow that. It's been quite a task considering mods and testing them, deciding whether they will add to the experience or not. I'm planning on including harvetcraft, hunger overhaul and Spice of Life as additional key mods, and not using Ex Nihilo or Ex Astris. So yeah. Fun for me to try out the mods and think how they would work, whether the players would even be able to get started, what I'd have to give them for them to advance. (Trying to avoid handouts)

So, I did successfully modify the mutations list for Agricraft to create a progression of mutations through minecraft, agricraft, harvestcraft and magical crops (if everything works...) My issue, and question, is how do I remove the requirement that the resource crops have an ore block beneath the dirt? It's kind of hard for them to do that when the crops are the only source of the thing, and not as an ore. The default recipes in the config didn't appear to have anything that made them require an ore block yet they do. I could try changing their recipes and see if that removed that but I liked your default progression. I could switch to magical crops matching resources but I wanted to use agricraft's if I could figure this out.

I'm changing the agricraft config because even though I'll be using minetweaker 3 I have a very hard time with that and couldn't figure out how to make the mutations with it. I've resorted to using minetweaker recipe maker to add or remove regular crafting recipes. (I appear to be code-challenged)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Story First, then the Question. :)

For awhile I have wanted to put together a HQM modpack featuring farming as the sole resource gathering mechanic. Your Agricraft looks like the perfect core mod, along with magical crops, to allow that. It's been quite a task considering mods and testing them, deciding whether they will add to the experience or not. I'm planning on including harvetcraft, hunger overhaul and Spice of Life as additional key mods, and not using Ex Nihilo or Ex Astris. So yeah. Fun for me to try out the mods and think how they would work, whether the players would even be able to get started, what I'd have to give them for them to advance. (Trying to avoid handouts)

So, I did successfully modify the mutations list for Agricraft to create a progression of mutations through minecraft, agricraft, harvestcraft and magical crops (if everything works...) My issue, and question, is how do I remove the requirement that the resource crops have an ore block beneath the dirt? It's kind of hard for them to do that when the crops are the only source of the thing, and not as an ore. The default recipes in the config didn't appear to have anything that made them require an ore block yet they do. I could try changing their recipes and see if that removed that but I liked your default progression. I could switch to magical crops matching resources but I wanted to use agricraft's if I could figure this out.

I'm changing the agricraft config because even though I'll be using minetweaker 3 I have a very hard time with that and couldn't figure out how to make the mutations with it. I've resorted to using minetweaker recipe maker to add or remove regular crafting recipes. (I appear to be code-challenged)
If you want, you can use my scripts as an examples reference for the mutations, baseblock stuff etc. To change the baseblock of the resource crops, you will need to use minetweaker as far as I'm aware.
You can view my agricraft script file for Regrowth here: https://github.com/thephoenixlodge/Regrowth-Stuff/blob/master/scripts/agricraft.zs

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Also, regarding the Sprinker lag, it turned to be not the sprinker themselves, but the sprinker trying to keep the farmland hydrated.
Just placed a water source block where there was before and got to the fps levels I had before. However thanks to NEI now I know I can use humus instead of farmland meaning I don't need any water source blocks.

Because of this comment I realised what a massive derp I am, I'm setting hte metadata for each block with the wrong flag, I'll change this, thanks for the heads up. This will increase performance as well as reduce network usage.

MLGDankscope

Jul 29, 2019
After logging into the game this morning, i tried to place crop sticks on one of the spots where it didnt work, but for whatever reason, placing a block on top of the spot causes it to work properly.
Thanks to everyone helping to solve my problem.;)

Nicro

Jul 29, 2019
After logging into the game this morning, i tried to place crop sticks on one of the spots where it didnt work, but for whatever reason, placing a block on top of the spot causes it to work properly.
Thanks to everyone helping to solve my problem.;)

The phantom air block strikes again then, for some reason it has been around more frequently nowdays.

@InfinityRaider
Also what did your opinion regarding Terrafimacraft turn out to be, are you looking into making it compatable?

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, first question for you, thephoenixlodge.
//Custom crops
val seedNature = <AgriCraft:seedNature>;
What is this? Custom seed? Do I need to do anything more with it?

2nd question.
//Soil
val tilledGardenSoil = <GardenCore:garden_farmland>;
val water = <minecraft:water>;
val gardenSoil = <GardenCore:garden_soil>;
//Other
val seedEssence = <magicalcrops:magicalcrops_MagicSeedsEssence>;
val poisonPotato = <minecraft:poisonous_potato>;
//define soils
FertileSoils.add(tilledGardenSoil);
for i, seed in magicSeeds {
Soil.set(seed, tilledGardenSoil);
}
for i, flower in flowerSeeds {
Soil.set(flower, gardenSoil);
}
- what mod is this garden soil from? If I just delete this section would the crops just require regular tilled dirt?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Also what did your opinion regarding Terrafimacraft turn out to be, are you looking into making it compatable?

I've been very busy lately with rl stuff. I'm not saying it will not happen, I'm also not saying it will happen. When I get time to actually add new content to the mod it'll probably be what I have planned (and the things there is already initial code for).

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
Um. Not to get all picky or anything, but wasn't that quote from Nicro? Because, to be perfectly honest, I've no interest whatsoever in terrafirmacraft. :p

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
I have a couple questions, if I may.

I'm playing the FTB Infinity modpack. Do I need to enable grass drops for cactus seeds and Botania Mystical Flower seeds? These are the only ones I don't have dropping. If so, what exactly do I have to change in the configuration to add this ability? The config says that the integration is there so I'm guessing I'd have to add them to the GrassDrops file? Also, is there a way to mutate other plants to get these seeds? NEI just shows the drop rate.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, first question for you, thephoenixlodge.

What is this? Custom seed? Do I need to do anything more with it?

2nd question.
- what mod is this garden soil from? If I just delete this section would the crops just require regular tilled dirt?
Yea, Nature seeds are a crop I add through Agricrafts custom crops since magical crops don't drop it as a secondary fruit when on cropsticks.
Garden Soil is from the mod Garden Stuff, feel free to delete the Soil.set loops - it's me adding a bit more depth to the growth requirements of certain plants for my pack. By default the crops will use any block that is defined as a Fertile Soil through FertileSoils.add. If you don't change this at all Fertile Soils by default only includes vanilla farmland and forestry Humus.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I have a couple questions, if I may.

I'm playing the FTB Infinity modpack. Do I need to enable grass drops for cactus seeds and Botania Mystical Flower seeds? These are the only ones I don't have dropping. If so, what exactly do I have to change in the configuration to add this ability? The config says that the integration is there so I'm guessing I'd have to add them to the GrassDrops file? Also, is there a way to mutate other plants to get these seeds? NEI just shows the drop rate.
Set regenerate defaults to true in the config.

Sohala

Jul 29, 2019
I thoroughly enjoy progression in most things, and the fact that AgriCraft comes with HarvestCraft and Botania already set-up, plus it has the option to add custom crops... I got a little overwhelmed with how giddy I became after learning of it. I was fairly hooked while testing it out. Everyone else was out gathering ores and killing things, while there I sit tending my ever-growing garden. Many hours were spent playing with it...

Now comes the implementing it and the problems that causes...

First, I was slightly baffled at how to get the graphics to work. I would suggest making mention of lumien231's Resource Loader mod somewhere, unless there was an easier way to do it...

Second, I can't seem to get my custom crop to mutate...
witchery:seedwormwood=witchery:seedswolfsbane+AgriCraft:seedwispy Cotton
The custom crop functions, just can't get the above mutation to work.
wispy Cotton,witchery:somniancotton,null,witchery:spiritflowing,2,1,A thing of dreams.

A handful of HarvestCraft plants are currently unsupported by default. I can get you a list if you want.

If it is not too much of a hassle, could you add an ignore list configuration option for "Disable Vanilla Farming"? I have zero problem forcing/being forced to plant in a crop, but certain plants need to be able to ignore it (Thaumic Tinker infused seeds and GrowthCraft vines spring to mind).

I am currently using your 1.2.2 version, so if anything I have mentioned in this post was fixed and I missed it in one of the changes I am sorry.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure there isn't some kind of invisible block?
I want to try the tilled garden soil but in regrow I can't until I get the traumium hoe, assuming it works, since TiCon hatchets won't work and the right click manasteel shovel neiter. But that's a Garden Core issue
TiCon Mattock is the correct tool.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
witchery:seedwormwood=witchery:seedswolfsbane+AgriCraft:seedwispy Cotton
The custom crop functions, just can't get the above mutation to work.
wispy Cotton,witchery:somniancotton,null,witchery:spiritflowing,2,1,A thing of dreams.
I think it's either the lower case 'w' in wispy Cotton or the space.

handful of HarvestCraft plants are currently unsupported by default. I can get you a list if you want.
Would be nice, did Pam add new crops in later versions, or did I just overlook some?

If it is not too much of a hassle, could you add an ignore list configuration option for "Disable Vanilla Farming"? I have zero problem forcing/being forced to plant in a crop, but certain plants need to be able to ignore it (Thaumic Tinker infused seeds and GrowthCraft vines spring to mind).
Normally, all seeds in the blacklist bypass the vanilla farming disabling, unless something is bugged. Thaumic Tinkerer seeds are blacklisted by default. But I just tested and indeed its bugged, I'll fix.