[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I tried out your quests up until the point where I turned in my Industrial Apiary. Unfortunately, I think I stuck myself in a painted corner as I don't see an option to get back the Industrial Apiary I had to turn in which came from another quest reward!

My question is this: Is it Restart time, or is there some way to get to an Industrial Apiary?

Those damn HQM thieves will take anything that's not nailed down, hmm, I wonder if this platform is nailed down sufficiently?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

a490920

Jul 29, 2019
for some reason,my invar bee isn't producing any invar nugget anymore.anyone here knows what is wrong or anyone having the same problem as i am??

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I tried out your quests up until the point where I turned in my Industrial Apiary. Unfortunately, I think I stuck myself in a painted corner as I don't see an option to get back the Industrial Apiary I had to turn in which came from another quest reward!
My question is this: Is it Restart time, or is there some way to get to an Industrial Apiary?
Those damn HQM thieves will take anything that's not nailed down, hmm, I wonder if this platform is nailed down sufficiently?
Cheers ...

BrickVoid
The tutorial quest is to look at/touch the industrial apiary then give it back. You'll get more later.

for some reason,my invar bee isn't producing any invar nugget anymore.anyone here knows what is wrong or anyone having the same problem as i am??
For a start they're Magic Bees and therefore I have no effect upon either way, but the speciality produce only happens when the bees are in their most desired place (ie, the one they can survive in with 0 temperature tolerance). Mezz went through them here, and confirmed they still work too. From what I gather, all Magic Bees Bees now have their useful produce as specialities.
tl;dr, make sure the bee has its exact prefered environment. I believe desert for Invar. More info on the last two pages of this thread.

Reactions: jtmnf

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
The tutorial quest is to look at/touch the industrial apiary then give it back. You'll get more later.

Now I wonder if I should've placed the Thermal Expansion machines down that they gave me. I hope they give me a wrench to pick them back up with! :D

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
OMG, that's so expensive! It's easier to make IV machines in Gregtech! /sarcasm

I tried to get some string for wool to make a bed, out of crop crossbreeding, got to the point where I required Daisy seeds in this modpack. Unfortunately, the RNG seems overly stacked against Daisy. I kept coming up with Allium seeds which are useless to get to Daisy seeds. It seems overly frustrating that I have to rely on RNG stupidity to crossbreed seeds when there's a Gendustry Mutatron sitting there that doesn't apparently have mutation recipes for crops you'd want to get out of it.

Why do I want a bed? To turn off this annoying rain. I really hate the current Minecraft rain, it comes in two flavors: None or pouring. And I like the first better. I really don't see why the modpack author relied on altering the rain frequency, there are a TON of mods (I'm sure a few of them are bee related) that would easily turn rain on/off for bee breeding purposes without having to mess with the Minecraft rain rules.

The result? I ended giving up on the RNG for the cropsticks in this modpack and grabbed a bed out of NEI. Uggh. I thought the whole point of this modpack was to bee happy. Not happy so far at all with the unusual hoops I have to go through!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Like rivvest said (and well), if you continue with the quest line on the first chapter, you will get to a quest were you receive wool... You have to work a little bit to get there, but when you get there, you have a complete set of bees working! The intention is for you to check that your bees don't work at night and see some caracteristics about them ;)

N

Notjack123

Hey I just started this pack and I am new to forestry and my problem is I have been putting meadow and water queens into apiaries and have the flowers and lily pads that they need, but I only ever get drones from them and can't seem to get any honeycombs. Am i doing something wrong?

Update: I just got my first two combs (one normal and one damp) but it took about 5 queens to get them. Is that normal?

Update 2: I just got two more combs after switching the meadow queen for a forest queen. I think i was just unlucky before but it would help for someone to clarify that I'm doing everything right.

Last edited:

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2: I just got two more combs after switching the meadow queen for a forest queen. I think i was just unlucky before but it would help for someone to clarify that I'm doing everything right.
Yup, just RNG making you paranoid.

N

Notjack123

I completed the quest where you need to turn in 64 normal combs, 64 stringy combs, and 64 damp combs but it won't let me claim the reward. Is there any way to fix this?

Linaomine

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded and started playing this pack yesterday and I just wanted to thank you.

I have always wanted to do bees, but every time I am so lost even when using NEI or looking up stuff on google. During my AG2 play through I even searched for a forestry/bees for dummies but I found nothing. BUT! I see this pack as what I needed. I've made it further that I ever have with bees. There were a few times where I was confused, I thought I needed to breed the cuprum and stannum bees, not use gendustry to cross breed them, once I figured that out I was like "wow I was making this way more difficult..."

Because of my ignorance I was getting pretty mad because I couldn't progress due to not having the materials to get the centrifuge.

I have a ton more to do in the quest book and I hope to carry my new bee knowledge to my infinity evolved server.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded and started playing this pack yesterday and I just wanted to thank you.

I have always wanted to do bees, but every time I am so lost even when using NEI or looking up stuff on google. During my AG2 play through I even searched for a forestry/bees for dummies but I found nothing. BUT! I see this pack as what I needed. I've made it further that I ever have with bees. There were a few times where I was confused, I thought I needed to breed the cuprum and stannum bees, not use gendustry to cross breed them, once I figured that out I was like "wow I was making this way more difficult..."

Because of my ignorance I was getting pretty mad because I couldn't progress due to not having the materials to get the centrifuge.

I have a ton more to do in the quest book and I hope to carry my new bee knowledge to my infinity evolved server.
Thank you :) Like I said since the 28 of June (2015), I like to read those kind of things, I really do! Seeing people learning and having more interest on Bees is a "mission completed" for me! I really did this for a lot of reasons (a calm modpack, different, etc) and one of them was actually to help others! And I think I did that correctly :) thank you!

CrazyThing92

Jul 29, 2019
Been trying out this modpack and I must say that I really like it so far, but I have spotted bug.
I just got the sawmill and hooked it up but for some reason it doesn't produce planks when I put logs in just the sawdust.