[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I never understood the whole speciality products thing; never had to have any of my bees in biomes they prefer, etc.. Was it possibly bugged before, and is now working as intended?

Kreu

Jul 29, 2019
For a start they're Magic Bees and therefore I have no effect upon either way, but the speciality produce only happens when the bees are in their most desired place (ie, the one they can survive in with 0 temperature tolerance). Mezz went through them here, and confirmed they still work too. From what I gather, all Magic Bees Bees now have their useful produce as specialities.

The perfect environment solved it. I was never aware that was required, the specialty from bees was always produced for me regardless provided the bee could work.

Thanks for the answer :) but I'm intrigued now... I assumed that @Kreu is using the Hell Emulation on the Apiary, so, does that not count to the "desired place"?

Edit: yeah, Magic Bees... My bad, sorry...

To be specific, yes I was using a Desert Emulation with my Pyro bees because it was cheaper and still allowed production, but they prefer the hellish biome. Everything seems to be in check now.

Well, aside from the three sets of bees in my alvearies that disappeared after the update, but those are replaceable.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
The perfect environment solved it. I was never aware that was required, the specialty from bees was always produced for me regardless provided the bee could work.

To be specific, yes I was using a Desert Emulation with my Pyro bees because it was cheaper and still allowed production, but they prefer the hellish biome. Everything seems to be in check now.

Well, aside from the three sets of bees in my alvearies that disappeared after the update, but those are replaceable.
Which bees? Just to take note...

Shyd

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.
After updating the pack to 2.1.0, I have noticed some bugs, partially reported on previous posts :
My bees that aren't producing anymore (by product) : Enderium, Electrum, Invar, Wither Skulls (maybe others ?)
My forestry farm seems broken too (it is controled by AE2 Level Emitter but it won't stop)

Hope you can find a fix soon, I have great fun on this pack :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hello.
After updating the pack to 2.1.0, I have noticed some bugs, partially reported on previous posts :
My bees that aren't producing anymore (by product) : Enderium, Electrum, Invar, Wither Skulls (maybe others ?)
My forestry farm seems broken too (it is controled by AE2 Level Emitter but it won't stop)

Drop a 'Hellish Biome Emulator' on all four of those bees, and it will fix you right up. Don't know about the forestry farm.

Reactions: Shyd and jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

Hm... The farm does not have a redstone controller inside? I'm not familiarized with the latest version of Forestry :\

Shyd

Jul 29, 2019
Drop a 'Hellish Biome Emulator' on all four of those bees, and it will fix you right up. Don't know about the forestry farm.
Okay, will try that !

EDIT : The Hell Emulator don't work, but the Winter one works for the Endearing Bee and the Desert one for the Invar and Electrum Bee. I didn't test the others.

Hm... The farm does not have a redstone controller inside? I'm not familiarized with the latest version of Forestry :\
The farm has a block called Farm Control which reacts to redstone signal. It was all fine before the patch, and seems broken after that.

Last edited:

Kreu

Jul 29, 2019
Which bees? Just to take note...
Pyro and Endearing bees. They needed hellish and winter biomes, respectively, and the emulator upgrades for the industrial apiaries do the trick.

I think it's just as you mentioned before, the specialty production was bugged before but works as intended now (where the bee needs to be in its most comfortable environment).

Edit: I realize after posting that you probably meant the ones I lost in my alvearies. Quantum, Floral and Industrial.

Reactions: jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, will try that !

EDIT : The Hell Emulator don't work, but the Winter one works for the Endearing Bee and the Desert one for the Invar and Electrum Bee. I didn't test the others.

The farm has a block called Farm Control which reacts to redstone signal. It was all fine before the patch, and seems broken after that.
Maybe some problem with the Foresty version... I'll check that out!

Pyro and Endearing bees. They needed hellish and winter biomes, respectively, and the emulator upgrades for the industrial apiaries do the trick.

I think it's just as you mentioned before, the specialty production was bugged before but works as intended now (where the bee needs to be in its most comfortable environment).

Edit: I realize after posting that you probably meant the ones I lost in my alvearies. Quantum, Floral and Industrial.
But at least you already got your bees working again, right?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay, will try that !

Definitely my bad on that one. The critical thing is to set the 'environment' to exactly what the bee's preference is. I.E., Hot and Arid for Invar and Electrum.

Kreu

Jul 29, 2019
But at least you already got your bees working again, right?

I had enough spare drones that I just ran them through the machines until I got the species template, so it wasn't much of a problem.
The post was really just to make others aware that it might happen on the update.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I had enough spare drones that I just ran them through the machines until I got the species template, so it wasn't much of a problem.
The post was really just to make others aware that it might happen on the update.
Thanks for that :)

I've to check the Forestry farm and see what's wrong...

zigzagmzn

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new map with the update to 2.1.0 and when I got to Electrum and Invar they do not produce nuggets at all.

T

The Mysterious God

I'm so sad! I'm on an island with someone else, but they have protected it so I can't do anything