[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4 Addon Cheat Sheet - A Research Compendium for Small Thaumcraft Addons

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

Tombenpotter

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm not asking for much, and I don't have many expectations : I just want people who are interested in my mod to try it, and if they like it to continue playing with it.
I mean, if you don't like the content, I'm ok with that since it's your opinion, but just the way to counter it is simple : you just don't have to use it.
For those who actually use it and like my mod, I'm working on an essentia generator and on some christmas stuff!

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I came across that mod yesterday too and I'll be looking into it tomorrow. Planned to do it today but I ended up having to do something else that took my time up[DOUBLEPOST=1387229563][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, I'm not asking for much, and I don't have many expectations : I just want people who are interested in my mod to try it, and if they like it to continue playing with it.
I mean, if you don't like the content, I'm ok with that since it's your opinion, but just the way to counter it is simple : you just don't have to use it.
For those who actually use it and like my mod, I'm working on an essentia generator and on some christmas stuff!
Oh, are you the mod author?

Tombenpotter

Jul 29, 2019
Yep :)
I'm honestly not expecting a whole ton of people playing this, just wanting people who play to have fun with it!
Well, I do have a download counter setup, but that's just for me ! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1387230190][/DOUBLEPOST]If you want a picture of the count tell me and I'll send it :)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Yep :)
I'm honestly not expecting a whole ton of people playing this, just wanting people who play to have fun with it!
Well, I do have a download counter setup, but that's just for me ! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1387230190][/DOUBLEPOST]If you want a picture of the count tell me and I'll send it :)
That's fine, just curious. Nice to meet you. I'll be taking a look at your mod tomorrow.

If you wouldn't mind, would you mind pming m the aspects required to research your items if they require it?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
5Pzyr.jpg

Well shit, that was easy. (Laser Focus)

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Tombenpotter

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that's a bug I've been reported.. I need to fix it but I think I know how to do. So it should be an easy fix!
I'm heading back home in 2 hours,I'll pm you then

Tombenpotter

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe no worries! It may seem weird but I like when people report bugs, that shows me people are using my mod :D

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe no worries! It may seem weird but I like when people report bugs, that shows me people are using my mod :D
So I finished the research and quick testing. I like this mod.
I like how it combines tech with magic, it's a field of thaum that's growing slowly and I think there's a lot of potential in it.

If I were to make a suggestion about where to go from here, I would give your thaumium tools the ability to hold enchants like a normal thaumium tool however depending on the enchantments present on the tool it would use up EU quicker.

Furthermore I would have a machine that allows for EU/t charging/generating with the use of essentia with EU/t rates varying depending on the essentia used, such as potentia, machina, instrumentum, etc. Perhaps also at a varying rate depending on the proximity of the jar that it takes the essentia from, unless you plan to allow piping in. There already exists an Essentia Engine in the Advanced Thaumaturgy mod, however.

Personally, I would redo the focus. As it stands it's no more than the Explosive focus from the gun taken and slapped on a wand. I would convert the foci's ability into that of the gun itself, meaning you can put the focus on the wand and switch between modes as you would with the laser itself, however instead of using EU/t like it normally would, it would use vis from the wand at rates depending on the mode of the laser.

Further more, if you want to get adventurous with some end game gear, you might like to think about more methods of armor combining, I'm thinking a cross between the Thaumostatic Harness and the Quantum Chest plate. Or the Boots of the Traveller with the Nanosuit Boots. I would suggest it with the Quantum boots too, however it would be redundant with it's run speed boost already present. (Just a thought though, walk speed with quantum boots doesn't change.)

Don't be afraid to experiment. That's what Thaum's all about.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
OH. You know what else would be freaking awesome? If you could macerate the Native Ore clusters. You don't have to make it give 4 dust per ore, but it could always provide a 100% chance to yield two dust with a small chance to yield a third.

Perhaps a means to achemize or infuse a recipe for Uranium/Iridium Ore... Maybe a way to infuse four/five UU-Matter into Iridium.[DOUBLEPOST=1387295900][/DOUBLEPOST]Upon closer inspection, macerating doesn't work like that anymore.

Tombenpotter

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, now I'm gonna naswer a lot of your posts :p
First, I'm glad you liked the mod :D. I am working on an essentia generator, but I'm struggling to make it do what I want.. It's so stupid that's not even funny anymore :p. Secondly, all my tools are enchantable via Infusion Enchanting, so IMO that makes it enough not to need raising the cost per block. As for the focus, all you said is planned, it's just HARD. Very hard. I do plan to add all the endgame stuff you mentionned is planned, and I'll try to make it as balanced as possible.

Well, now the problem is that UU matter is no more an item, it's a liquid, so I have a problem seeing how your suggestion could work.. I could use buckets, but I'm not sure. The idea for the ore clusters is a really good one, and why not make it yield 3 dusts everytime ? :D

Ok, I'm PM the list of aspects as soon as I have finished writing them :)

Killer_Inc

Jul 29, 2019
Mercurial Crystal Wand (Almost) all the vis!
Research
:
Arbor - Metallum - Sensus - Venenum
Required Research: Mercurial Rod

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ethereal Jars *Crashes through walls* OHHH YEAH!
Research:
Aer, Perditio
Required Research: Void Jar
Recipe: [ x ]
Nature:
End-Game Essentia storage
Description:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thaumic Fertilizer Ermahgerd, WERTER SPERLINKlURZ!

Research: Aqua, Herba
Required Research: N/A
Recipe: [ x ]
Nature: Magic Crop growing
Description:

Just what iv seen so far from Advanced Thaumaturgy [AT] Build 19

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I'm already aware of the addon updates, however given their very WIPness I've elected not to update the until the entries in question are finalized as they are currently very subject to change.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
That's strange, because one of the boys in my Skype Group, responsible for TX, was implementing masks at one time.

On a different note, did you find the entry in Advanced Thaumaturgy b19 I was mentioned in? c: