[1.6.4] TolkienCraft

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Awesome! I will say that even on my machine, witchwood forests do tend to cause a bit of l;ag....most likely the amount of leaves coupled with the falling leaf animation, but yes, still playable from that aspect.

We are planning to use HQM just not in hardcore mode, just quests. Couple with another mod called custom NPC's which also has a built-in questing feature. If you visit our website you can get an idea of what is going on as we have a discussion going on about quest ideas at the moment and you are even welcome to join the site and join in the convo if you want!

Not having all of the tech mods is definitely a challenge, but there are still ways to automate nearly everything if you look hard enough!

I gave it my best shot. Don't know what's the magic dagger in this but something is causing lag that has just become intolerable.

For example, there's a ftb pack that has millenaire in it. that caused some stuttering for me, but compared to this, it was a tiny blip. AG skies with 200+ crucibles pumping lava out to fuel some magmatic engines. same. monster with a huge factory pumping out ores/ingots, doubling/tripling, moving slag around with item conduits and such. nothing. no lag. I can't think of a non MC game that I've played (and I'm an avid gamer and have a huge library) that has caused me any grief cept GTA IV unoptimized at release (unplayable). Patched it was fine.

but something here is causing just a hair pulling lag that has me wondering really. I tried loading another pack (capacity of the void) and the # of mods in it is huge. Loading MC took around 15 minutes. Created a new world and ctd. went back in, waited 20 mins, never finished loading. tried again, nothing. Then I tried this modpack :} I know it's specific to my machine, so this is not me blaming anyone (but me). It's just too annoying to continue. I'll wait till the 1.72 is released and give it another go then.

I got to middle earth, went east admiring the bunnies and drunk hobbits and got to the forest. right before got an achievement about something like "not nice trees" but I didn't do anything. looked at achievements, scrolling around window (no tolkien category, was in minecraft one) and boom, ctd (out of bounds in achievement screen). go back, mapwriter didn't save anything (just realized I could have hit R) and my map marker for the portal back isn't there. decided to kill myself and found my way back home.

In middle earth, lag was minimal. overworld is bad. I went to nether just now to get quartz. lag was constant. I'm fairly certain it's infernal mobs or something dealing with mob AI. I ran opi's and I'm just not expert enough to understand what I'm seeing. I look at entities, etc... and nothing seems out of place. I had used it previously when AM2 had that issue with the hecates spawning out of control, so I sortof know what to look for. I don't see what it could be. Again, it could be the settings I applied for BNB (which runs perfectly fine btw, just jumped into my world and was swarmed by about 20+ misc mobs and ran back to my house). I've been attacked by 30-50 of the invaders creating human ladders trying to get into my house in the sky, had meteors absolutely cover the landscape for MC miles and cleaned it up. I blame sauron. yeah, that's the ticket.

I liked what I could see and was attacked by a tree, when your next versions out, I'll make like a bee.... heh

I'll give it a shot in 1.72. See you then. thanks for the replies.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Try disabling infernal mobs and start a new world if you don't mind and see what happens...

I appreciate how hard you are trying and I really want to find the cause so I can either send a report in, of just have the mod not included in the next version...

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So, update on the status of the 1.7 pack, it is coming along, albeit slowly due to mods updating, however, I am putting out a request for anyone with experience with the pack to provide some quest ideas since we will be including HQM with the pack.

If anyone is interested in seeing the current status of the modpack, you can go to this link to see the spreadsheet.

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
For a second there while I was reading your introduction paragraph I was scared that you created the same mod pack as my own that I plan to release on FTB. That would of ruined two months wroth of work but they're not the same looking at your mods list. Anyways nice pack it's pretty fun.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Whurm

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this pack and enjoying it. Only feedback I have at the moment is you should start the person off with the ring so they could enter the Shire sooner.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I had considered it, but required a bit much to make it map independent with the current mod list. I can tell you if you go check out the current spreadsheet at my website. Lot's of exciting changes coming for the 1.7 version of the pack (don't want to give too many spoilers). I will tell you that it will come with it's own map as well.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Alrighty folks, by popular demand I have done one last update to the 1.6.4 pack.

This WILL be the last update only because the vast majority of mods in this pack have either moved on to 1.7 or have stopped development (sad @Vazkii will never update the banner mod again :oops: )

I have moved full-fledged into the 1.7 world and currently am at 70% of mods updated. I can't wait till we get closer to a public release so I can give more details about our plans, but I am hoping you will all feel it was worth it in the end.

The update will be submitted today and should be up on the launcher during the regular update cycles.

You can always see the current status of the modpack at my website and I have updated the progress page to reflect the actual google sheet I am using to track everything.

One other upside, I am currently in talks with a few people that will not only possibly open up a server or two for this pack for everyone, but a youtuber or two may be using it as well. :D

Side note...Ars Magica 2 version 1.2 was not included as it was conflicting with other mods too heavily in the item ID realm and the ID's we not changeable in any of the mods involved. This will make the official version 1.4.4 once the pack is live on the launcher.