[1.6.4] Technicataclysm

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Well it depends if he gives you permission, my pack got denied permission because it was too similar to others, so make sure to make your pack sound amazing to him

Thats not hard, how many packs include gregtech ... more to the point? how many include industrialcraft anymore?
No, everyone is hell-bent on force feeding thermal expansion to us these days.

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
Thats not hard, how many packs include gregtech ... more to the point? how many include industrialcraft anymore?
No, everyone is hell-bent on force feeding thermal expansion to us these days.
I was talking about mystcraft, xcompwiz asks for a post on his forums asking for permission, and he doesn't always give you it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
I was talking about mystcraft, xcompwiz asks for a post on his forums asking for permission, and he doesn't always give you it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think he was pointing out ways that it is different, and unique. But the point is moot at the moment, cause I past item ID issues, I cant support a pack with mystcraft. I cant test for bugs, and I cant fix them, cause I cant handle the mod.

I am open to suggestions of any other multi world mods people may know of.

doctorMC32

Jul 29, 2019

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried MFFS and WRCBE?
Both very nice mods, especially the first one considering that you have ICBM in the pack, a little bit of base defense never hurt, that and they can double as nuclear reactor containment field gens.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried Rotary craft and its much used addon, Reactor craft? and Pneumatic craft?
All of them are absolutely perfect awesome mods. rotary craft is like all the techmods, combined, multiplied by 11, and with sweet 3d models. reactorcraft adds nuclear reactors to that. pneumatic craft adds neat pneumatic machines, compatible with IC2 (rotarycraft is also compatible with ic2, and UE) including highly detailed machines, and even a iron man-tracking HUD helmet thing.

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
I havent tried MFFS as of yet, WRCBE crashed the pack in the past, I may revisit it.

As for Rotary Craft, I think I will add it (And the addon), I dont know about Pneumatic Craft, but that is quite likely.

I still have to get IC2:AM into the pack.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
whats IC2:AM? the level storage? with the super quantum and antimatter armors?

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
The server is now open! Sorry it took so long! I had lots of things go on. I feel like there are some things that are still undone, but it is done enough to be open.

Address is in the first post!

Wolf68k

Jul 29, 2019
I havent tried MFFS as of yet, WRCBE crashed the pack in the past, I may revisit it..
I just added WRCBE to the pack and it works just fine. Just make sure you don't break the block under a receiver or transmitter, that will crash the game.

New subject:
I was thinking about maybe using your pack as my next single player pack. It's a toss between yours and another pack to be completely honest.
If it's ok with you I was planning on stream the pack and adding in Mystcraft and since it works and I might find a use for it WRCBE.
If you're not ok with it being streamed and or me adding those mods, I completely understand.

Side note:
I don't normally like to add in game changing mods to packs because I feel it takes away from what the pack maker had intended, however I think in the case of these 2 mods should be ok since you've said you would add Mystcraft if your system could handle it and I would like to think that you would have added WRCBE but for the fact you say you it had crashed the pack for you (not completely sure what that means unless it's like what I mentioned above).

Oh one last thing
I tried to add Opis because I've gotten use to MapWriter minimap and I like some of the other features that Opis adds along with MapWriter. It crashes with your pack. I tried from v1.1.2 as well as both of the 1.1.3a and 1.1.3a_alpha versions with the same result. The problem is within Opis itself and the pack, since MapWriter alone works just fine in the pack.

Last edited:

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
I just added WRCBE to the pack and it works just fine. Just make sure you don't break the block under a receiver or transmitter, that will crash the game.

New subject:
I was thinking about maybe using your pack as my next single player pack. It's a toss between yours and another pack to be completely honest.
If it's ok with you I was planning on stream the pack and adding in Mystcraft and since it works and I might find a use for it WRCBE.
If you're not ok with it being streamed and or me adding those mods, I completely understand.

Side note:
I don't normally like to add in game changing mods to packs because I feel it takes away from what the pack maker had intended, however I think in the case of these 2 mods should be ok since you've said you would add Mystcraft if your system could handle it and I would like to think that you would have added WRCBE but for the fact you say you it had crashed the pack for you (not completely sure what that means unless it's like what I mentioned above).

Oh one last thing
I tried to add Opis because I've gotten use to MapWriter minimap and I like some of the other features that Opis adds along with MapWriter. It crashes with your pack. I tried from v1.1.2 as well as both of the 1.1.3a and 1.1.3a_alpha versions with the same result. The problem is within Opis itself and the pack, since MapWriter alone works just fine in the pack.

WRCBE Crashed the pack in a previous version (1.4.0.6 I believe) however 1.4.0.7 is out so I will be adding it to the pack. Though if breaking the block under a receiver or transmitter crashes servers, and not just clients, it will be included, but disabled.

On the "New Subject":
I have two thoughts here:
1. Go ahead and stream it, however if you add mods, make it explicitly stated somewhere that the added mod is not actually in the download.
2. If you can get Mystcraft to work and would like to do the following, tell me: I can add Myst to the pack as a disabled mod (assuming I get permission), using your config, and take notes about other configs that may need to be changed. If you want to do this, you would essentially be supporting the mod for me. (Message me if this sounds like something you want to do)

Last thing:
Opis I may look into, however I will not be supporting multiple maps, you are fine to use them, but any issues they cause, or if for any reason they dont work, that is something that I will not fix.

edit: From the opis post on MCForum:
If you are using MapWriter already, REMOVE IT. I'm providing my own modified version along with Opis. If you have both installed at the same time, you will get an error when you start the game. Don't complain, you have been warned.
So I assume that it is actually part of the mod?

Would be happy to join but it seems like the server is offline:(

Sorry about that, I forgot that I had updates enabled on the server, so it restarted its self, it is up now, and the updates have been switched to manual.

Last edited:

StealthyShark

Jul 29, 2019
What about that equivalent exchange 3? *nudge* *nudge* jk anyways did you set diamond spawning to 1 or something. Maybe it's a glitch to mine, but I am going to be doing some mining over the weekend to see if that's true. Good job on the modpack so far can't wait for the server :)

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
if you ask me i think zans minimap should be replaced with mapwriter. mapwriter is much better, and zans minimap now is just a annoyance for me.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft gave me the mother of all headaches when i last sat down to try and learn that, while the book guide was very helpful ... i never could get those railguns to work -_-

Demigod

Jul 29, 2019
Well i'm playing on the server every now and then but i had really gotten into the mood but then suddenly a baby zombie with armor and a sword 2 hit me and i ragequit... huh maybe i'll try again abit later

BTW does anyone reccomend a Texturepack for this private modpack? i know it'd be hard to find one