[1.6.4] Technicataclysm

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion dosnt seem to have its own fluid pipes, weather this is a config change or not, i dont know ... also buildcrafts "auto pipes" seem to have the wrong inventory / quickbar textures - it seems that for now you have to build waterproof pipes to work-around the missing TE Fluiducts, which basically means farm cacti or have lots of bees wax, since frankly, the cost of the GT pipes and the fact that he insists on using liters, instead of MB/T is liable to be a real deal-breaker for alot of people.

I want to add my 2 cents to the post above this one as well; honestly put Quantum Beast ... GravitationSuite is waaay better than modular powersuits because it allows you to put to use the equipment yielded from both Gregtech AND Industrialcraft (electric tools)
In addition, too many addons and some users may not be able to experience the pack, more addons = more ram needed, higher risk of conflicts and more difficulty resolving the issues (if you ever watched mindcrack's ftb videos, you will know that they had MASSIVE issues with lag on their server for a good portion of its runtime), right now ... the pack developer needs to resolve the issues before adding anything more and personally, if i had been aware of the glitches present i myself would not of made any suggestions for additional addons earlier in the thread.

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what happened to TE fluiducts, I looked everywhere and cant seem to find them. Maybe TE3.0 removed them? I will keep looking at that.

As for the seeds to Naquadah thing, I cant seem to find what is causing it, same with the GT stuff. (While I love some of what GT does, and can do, some of the weird mod compatibility bugs make me want to just remove it).

I realize that I haven't posted an update on the progress in quite a while, however I am still working on the pack. The speed at which I am working is considerable slower than when I first got the pack up, this is due to personal issues. I can not say how long it will take to get to the bottom of some of the issues that are popping up. Hopefully not too long.

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
Update:
  • Apparently natura was missing from the pack, however adding it fixed the seeds to naquadah issue.
  • The Weird GT stuff is yet to be fixed.
  • Fluiducts ARE there.
  • Denpipes IDs are fixed
  • Leadstone Energy Conduits are now showing properly! (They are renamed in TE3.0, you should be used to Redstone Conduits
Seeing that these issues are fixed I am now looking into Lantea Craft as a replacement for SGCraft (cause of added compatibility) though the mods are not compatible, and may require world resets. I am also looking at adding IC2:AM, and debating adding mmmPowersuits Addons (I might add it disabled).

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
Update: 1.0.3 Will be releasing in this upcoming update round.
1.0.3 Includes:
-Natura (which went missing)
-Voxel Map/Zan's Minimap
-Denpipe ID fixes
-TE ID fixes

I have decided that Lantea craft will not be added until the mod dev can make it work with OptiFine.

GT bugs are yet to be fixed.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
alot of the issues actually (with OptiFine) are stemming from the developers unwillingness to rewrite this mod from the ground up - which, lets face it, with the sheer diversity of mods out there now, is sorely needed.
Issues have been recorded with the following mods and even the Minecraft Client itself:
  • iChun Util
  • Biomes 'O Plenty
  • Tinkers Construct also gets a warning when launching with optifine enabled, however, its NOT the fault of TC - its once again on optifines end, but the optifine dev points fingers rather than fixes his bugs, not that i use TC (yes, i disable it, because i dont want to play http://terrafirmacraft.com/download.html with tech mods.)
  • Lanteacraft (I resolved the issue by using an older version of optifine about a month ago, but it wasnt 100% stable) - there is an available workaround that was written for these mods by another developer according to a post ive read in the FTB forums, but again, the general consensus is that the problem is on the end of OptiFine and you shouldnt expect the LtC dev to fix it.
  • GregTech - Fluid pipes distort
  • Voxelmap - its something to do with Optifine and Voxelmap almost, "Arguing" over who has a say in which way things are rendered, it in my experience has caused a wide verity of graphical errors to crop up, including, but not limited to: Character sprite render glitches (having no head, or head where your ass should be), buildcraft pipe render errors (especially when moving fluid), Render errors for forestrycraft machines, including engines.
  • Forestry for minecraft, Engine texture issues - pistons being set back into the back end of the engine, no active animation, GUI issues.
  • Minecraft - Wacky textures for chests, animals, characters.
  • Buildcraft - wacky pipe textures, pipe areas being replaced by black and purple blocks (texture missing errors, but not severe enough to stop minecraft?) - fluid tanks that currently hold liquid.
The rumor mill would have it, that Optifine is now also incompatible with the current builds of the forge mod loader, the core segments too.
While alot of these "bugs" are minor, and some of them may of already been fixed ... they are exceedingly frustrating.

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
Once the 1.0.3 update goes out I will put up a download link for the server files.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.3 will be up on this update cycle... So Thursday/Friday.

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
As it seems that FML was accidentally not included with the download, do not update to 1.0.3

Str8UpWHITE64

Jul 29, 2019
A couple suggestions I have for the pack. The amount of ores is far too many. You should disable the spawning of all ores that are in multiple mods, except one. I played for about 10 minutes and already had 3 different types of copper and 2 kinds of tin. Its kind of unnecessary. Just a thought.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
A couple suggestions I have for the pack. The amount of ores is far too many. You should disable the spawning of all ores that are in multiple mods, except one. I played for about 10 minutes and already had 3 different types of copper and 2 kinds of tin. Its kind of unnecessary. Just a thought.
Yeah, id noticed that ... ive stopped collecting both because ive got so much tetrahedrite and cassiterite i just dont need the others.
The pack is definitely spawning ores from UE & Galacticraft, GC ones are still not included in the ore dictionary switchovers for ic2/GT - but you can smash them in a railcraft rock crusher (wtf? the only use for a rock crusher ive ever had was making materials for ITNT)

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so 1.0.3 is fixed, and you can now update! And if you want, feel free to get the serverfiles, I have included the FTB/forge and the MCPC+ server jars in it.

As for the ore issue, I can look into it, but if all tins aren't compatible, then I cant just shut off all but one, cause then some recipes arent viable all of a sudden.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the major issue for ores is that as soon as you step off of the basic dimensions, all ores are handled specifically by galacticraft, when it comes to cheese and desh, thats ok ... not that we need much tin or copper at this stage seeing as how they stepped away from using dense copper plates as much for nukers.

edit: nevermind on the texpac question, i found a tool that allows me to build a custom pack with Soartex Fanver.

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to add something that would make better use of the stargates, Mystcraft would make an excellent addition, its a mod that adds extra dimensions it would be just like taking a trip through the stargate to another planet.
its a bit like magic though, it involves writing books and magical teleporting to create otherworldish environments, there is alot of work involved in finding the "pages" required to make these link books and if you dont have a way to teleport back you could be stranded on a world that is falling apart...

TinaTina

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft is a mod I have been trying to avoid. For many reasons, one of which being that my computer (the main one that I test with) will barely run the mod. I was however looking into mods that do similar things.

Also: The server files are public(download is in the first post)! Feel free to start your own servers! You can advertise both on this site, and on the community site, as well as all the voting sites and such.
This pack is after all public.

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, though it would be disabled by default.

Well it depends if he gives you permission, my pack got denied permission because it was too similar to others, so make sure to make your pack sound amazing to him