Windows .exe 1.6.4 packs break 32-bit client

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get 1.6.4 Direwolf client to work. Mods load and it goes main menu, i can run the 1.6.4 server fine, but when i try to join it i get out of memory exception in the game client. My friend can join and play there just fine and without any complaints. I have allocated 1GB to both server and client. Unless solution can't be found i'm having to go back to 1.5.2 packs.

And yes, just 1GB allocated for 3 people, using Windows 7 32-bit, 4GB RAM and 3GHz dualcore cpu is enough to host and run FTB. If for some downside, at least i have reduced view distance to 5 in server.properties. But it's a very stable server that can run 24/7 without crashing.

Because at this point i don't even believe that solution can be found, i have already ordered a 64-bit OS which will take a few days to arrive. But overall 1.6 Minecraft core should be an improvement in performance over 1.5, why is it opposite now? What was added that makes it so much heavier to run? Some mod that i could perhaps remove? Before FTB i have also hosted and played vanilla MC servers for 1.6 and 1.7 dev versions too.

AM6644

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...
Downloads 1.6.4 modpack
Cannot allot more than 1024mb
Creates new world
GL Out of memory Error
Inventory screen gone haywire
Lowest Settings...
I'm thinking to disable a lot mods. Although it might change the game experience.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
Thought to report partial success. I moved AM2_1.0.2b.zip to backup folder for server and client, and i could enter game and even play a little while. Then it run out of memory. That mod alone is taking up a huge amount of game and video memory, but it's still not enough. Maybe i'll wait for lite-pack ;)

edit: More success... played over half hour now after more tweaking. 1 thing to do after entering game, is going into minimap settings and lowering texture resolution to 1024, down from 2048. But i removed (moved to backup folder) 5 mod files from mods folder:
AM2_...
LogisticsPipes...
qCraft...
TConstruct...
TMechworks...

This works with my lowbie computer, for now at least.

Last edited: