1.6.4 Mob Farm Without SoulShard

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
Since soulshard pretty much become extinct with recent update, I'm looking for a way to get mostly blaze rod and ender pearl. I don't wanna build vanilla mob farm so that out of the way. The only ways I can see is installing dartcraft or using mfr mob essense.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
SoulShard2 has been updated to 1.6.4 and is available now.
And it will crash your game the moment you try to move a spawner.

I have been using the cursed earth method. mmmm delicious flammable cursed earth. With drawbridges so it can be turned off

Reactions: RedBoss

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
And it will crash your game the moment you try to move a spawner.

I have been using the cursed earth method. mmmm delicious flammable cursed earth. With drawbridges so it can be turned off
Bugger :(

Haven't got to using it yet, so didn't experience it.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Imo, ss2 is not worth using in it's current form when you are playing a mod pack that has better alternatives. In my opinion.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedBoss

beauedwards1991

Jul 29, 2019
And plus, having to destroy spawners to even think about having an SS2 setup is a bit of a nuisance on a server that hasn't been reset in a long time. Need to travel so many chunks just to find a dungeon/mineshaft that hasn't been visited.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
TBH breaking spawners has always been a part of soul shards, but there was a bonus in tier level gained from doing so. You also didnt need to break spawners at all if you had the time to grind kills. In SS2 breaking spawners was a requirement and that made me sad. After breaking 4 spawners just to get tools & material for 1 spawner, you still were stuck with vanilla spawn mechanics. This meant you still had to be near the spawner and there was no increase in spawn rates.

IMHO this made the mod not worth it. For passive mobs you were better off using modified vanilla farms in combo with MFR or using anything other than SS2. For hostile mobs you were better off picking up the spawner and bringing it home. Or using any of the other numerous methods of mob farming.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You do know that soul shard pretty much become crap after the update, like vanilla mob spawner>soul shard
Don't be too harsh on them, they might not have used it and only saw that it is out for 1.6.4.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Soul Shards would be *ok* if it ignored light and distance at least. But I really don't think we're ever going to be able to balance free mobspawners.

Reactions: PierceSG

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I installed it and it's running on my server, but I haven't got as far, so I didn't know it was problematic :)

We're still all living in dirt huts digging out ores :)