[1.6.4] Lost Worlds [alpha][closed]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm re-building this pack from the ground up. the list of mods I had was far too big, they all worked together, yes, but id conflicts were everywhere, and it felt rather bogged down. Also, I discovered a mod that would do exactly what I'd like to do, or more accurately, it'd allow me to do what I'd like. As a happy side effect, the name is changed and it'll be in 1.7.x (probbably 1.7.2, cor better stability/compatability) I'll leave a link to the new thread here when it comes up

The pack is live!!!! the pack code is: worldsarelost also, it is a VERY early alpha build of it, but I'd still love all that lovely input you guys may or may not give me

Enjoy! also, let me know what you think of it, some input would be awesome, I'm working on adding a few more mods and such, and a questline.

Alright, I've been getting back into minecraft, and modpacks lately, so I'm thinking about coming up with one myself. This will be the first time I seriously attempted something on this kind of scale, so, I'd like some input, tips, and pointers. Thanks!

To Do:
  1. work on questline
    1. already on it, slow going
  2. Work on recipes and balancing
    1. Pneumaticraft recipes for other mods
      1. high pressure + unraveled fabric = world thread
      2. other clever ways of using pressure chamber
    2. blood magic recipes for other stuff
      1. bunch-'o'-blood + unraveled fabric = world thread
      2. bunch-'o'-blood + leather (or something) = loot bag
        1. loot bag +blood = higher loot bag
          1. rince and repeat untill highest loot bag which has mystcraft pages

Goal:
  1. Bring together Magic and Technology
    1. Use magic to help technology and vise verse
  2. Separating magic and tech
    1. having a split quest tree to go one way or the other
  • Present the concept of a skyblock in a new way
    1. The empty room approach
  • Encourage Experimentation
    1. Make what age a player visits first up to them
    2. allow for chemical experimentation to come up with new things
    3. make it not so bad if a new age turns out to not work or something
  • Make post game all about exploring the world you had restored
    1. better dungeons, galacticraft, mystcraft, the camping mod, probably more to come
All that said, I really want this to be HQM pack that's much more fluid, and dynamic, and very much up to interpretation to the player (hidden choise quests, quests tied to dieing, things like that) and the path that they choose to take themselves. will it be a huge undertaking? oh yeah, will it be worth it in the end? Most definitely. What I'd like from the community is some real feedback, something to build off of, or perhaps even a few people to build a team from, again, this is the first time I've ever done anything like this before, and I really can't do it without a little help from people who know more about what they are doing than myself. That, and I'd like to get excited about something, and to get others excited about it, so there is that.

Starting Map:
The map will begin in a pocket dimension without any way out, trapped in a black void. The center of the pocket dimension will have a small platform and single plot of dirt with a chest on it (or perhaps a strong box with a crescent hammer in it to move it). The chest will have a sapling in it as well as some food, a camel pack and some water.

What I need help with:
I need help coming up with the quest progression, what mods to include, what recipes to tweak, and perhaps flavor text and all that.

Mods to include:

1. runic dust core
    runic dust decor
    runic dust default
    animation API
    Applied energistics
    aroma 1997 core
    auto utils
    better chests
    carpenter's blocks
    chisel
    code chicken core
    CoFH core
    ex nihilo
    dinensional doors
    Dimensional Storage
    Ender IO
    Ender storage
    Ex Aliquo Extra Cells Extra Utils
    Generator Mod
    HQM (not really used for anything at the moment)
    JABBA
    Iron Chests
    Inventory Tweaks
    Lockdown
    Minefactory reloaded
    Minetweeker
    Modtweeker
    mystcraft (hopefully)
    NEI (and family
    Open blocks
    open mods lib
    Pam's harvestcraft
    Player API
    Pneumaticraft
    Power Crystals Core
    Smarter Moving
    steve's factory manager
    Tinker's construct (and family)
    WAILA
    warp book
    zan's minimap
    Zyn's hud

Let me know if I could use another mod, the list seems a bit short to me, I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Well my personal opinion would be to focus on a few mods, mystcraft and dimension doors and only add mods that support that theme. Right now the list looks like an everything but the kitchen sink mod pack.

Planet James

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still loving the idea, I haven't really heard much about dimensional doors, this could be a promising pack.
I though he was just asking for mod ideas xD

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
lol, well I am, however, it is going to be one of those longer mod-packs, and I do like the swiss army packs. But you do have a point with the fact that Mystcraft does add a lot of things to it, but it's really only places, not goals. The point of this pack is to be in that crash landing/agrarian skies/crafting paradise kinda family. The beginning of the pack will focus on Dimensional Doors (which will be about 3 quests all together, maybe) and Mystcraft. Ex Nihilo will be the source of early game resources. The main focus of the other big boy mods (like computercraft, applied energistics, etc) will be more of a "how to mostly use this mod" for their quests. I love the idea of mixing magic and technology in modpacks, it makes it fun and interesting. As a pre-build I'd like to use:

HQM (duh)
NEI (duh)
Zan's Minimap (duh)
Dimensional Doors
Mystcraft
Enviromine
Tinker's Construct
WAILA
Pam's Harvestcraft
Spice of life
Hunger overhaul
Ex Nihilo
Ex Aquilo
Biblio Craft
Chisel
Carpenter's Blocks
Iguana Tweaks
Lockdown
Iron Chests
JABBA
Tinker's Steelworks
Tinker's Mechworks
Warp Book
Mine Tweaker
Mod Tweaker
NEI addons
NEI plugins
Smarter Movement (if I can [not holding my breath])
Code Chicken Core (given)
CoFH core (given)
Open Blocks
Crowley Skyblock
Crafting Paradise mod (if I can)

I think I want to focus on those really. now as for the ones I'd like to add later and will be for automation/cool things:

Pneumaticraft
Thermal Expansion
Extra Cells
Big Reactors
Forestry
Thaumcraft
Computercraft
Blood Magic
Simply Jetpacks
Redstone Arsenal
Sync
Power Crystals Core
Minefactory Reloaded
Steve's Factory Manager

And mostly, I'm looking for mods you'd think would work with the pack direction, if you feel something doesn't work with the pack, and if there are mods I should add for compatibility and/or to make things run smoother.

And thanks for the input, based on that I might want to focus more on exploration and less on automation. However, I feel like it would be nice to have some automation with this, so the player can go out and explore while things are going on back at the pocket dimension "base."

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
So what features of enviromine would you have enabled because I thnk the dimensional doors stuff might mess up temp. and some other things

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
So what features of enviromine would you have enabled because I thnk the dimensional doors stuff might mess up temp. and some other things
Actually, i'c looked into that, and environment does notchange how temp works accross dimentions, and if it works in vanilla (so accross the nether where time is all messed up) it sould work fine in the pocket dimentions of dimentional doors. I'm thinking of doing temp, hydration, and air quality. I was thinking of adding the sanity thing, could be interesting. I might have to mess around a bit in majic launcher with these combinations to see what works and what doesn't.

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't recommend you using Enviromine, there's no real point into adding it except you would be focusing on the " sanity " meter.
Temp is not useful at all, hydration is useless when you created an infinite water source and the water qualities would be messed up in the pocket dim, air quality is always useless and does not work well. You don't have to follow the hardcore trend, I think it wouldn't be fitting in this one...

Last edited:

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't recommend you using Enviromine, there's no real point into adding it except you would be focusing on the " sanity " meter.
Temp is not useful at all, hydration is useless when you created an infinite water source and the water qualities would be messed up in the pocket dim, air quality is always useless and does not work well. You don't have to follow the hardcore trend, I think it wouldn't be fitting in this one...

hmmmm you do have a point there. I might not add Enviromine, however, I'd like to add that mod that adds tents, however, I feel that even that will be pointless once you exit the first pocket dimention, do to the fact that you would have a warp book at that point. As for the hard core trend, I like what the HQM can do, and I want to do something similar to a sky block, but not a sky block. the pocket dimention would be perfect for that as well. What are your thoughts on adding Galacticraft? I feel it would follow the theme of exploration quite well, and would justify adding the other mods focused on automation quite nicely.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I'm not sure the name of the mod but in my opinion it is better than galacticraft mod review was done by the atlantic craft so search starship mod on their channel. It adds in space which is focused on exploration
(no complicated oxygen its easy to get)

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
And twilight forest is good for exploration and chocolate quest
( I'm not sure how you would generate them but I think I could make a simple mod that adds in a dimension which they generate in )

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
as a new topic, I think that the progression of the pack should be:
1) Ex Nihilo for recourses and food [will probably end up limiting what can be obtained through ex nihilo]
2) dimentional doors to get out of the poket dimention
3) Mystcraft for exploration and perhaps new/harder to get resources

in reviewing these things, I'v realized that having the industrial mods included makes more and more sence, otherwise, this pack will get very boaring, very fast. Yes, there is basically limitless exploration, which is fine, but the fact remains that as soon as one finds a place they want to settle down in, they are done, and that's it. Having Mystcraft be both a way for exploration and a way to get the more exotic resources would be an interesting twist on things, adding galacticraft with the other industrial mods would meen understanding how mystcraft works will be quite valuable to the player (and so must be in the questlines). The reasons why I'm saying that dimentional doors and mystcraft will be at the core of this pack is because it'll be used from the start and (hopefully) all the way to the end, and possibly always learning a little more each time.

As for the pack being hard core, I'm probably going to just disable the hard core part of HQM, so no lives, just quests. I hope it still traks how many times you've died though.[DOUBLEPOST=1411827429][/DOUBLEPOST]
And twilight forest is good for exploration and chocolate quest
( I'm not sure how you would generate them but I think I could make a simple mod that adds in a dimension which they generate in )

if I'm correct, mystcraft creates an archive of all possible biomes, it's actually quite inter-mod friendly, you can even make an entire world that is just one giant sea of oil, or fuel, or coal, or really whatever you want, so twilight forest would slot in there quite nicely.[DOUBLEPOST=1411827575][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not sure the name of the mod but in my opinion it is better than galacticraft mod review was done by the atlantic craft so search starship mod on their channel. It adds in space which is focused on exploration
(no complicated oxygen its easy to get)
to be honest, I like the complicated oxygen, and I've seen that mod but I'm not too sure if I can add it to a pack though, I'll definently keep my ear to the ground for that one.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Its used in dream craft so you might be able to add it, plus if you want you could edit it to require oxygen from mekanism another cool mod, I always loved that space mod and the only appeal of galacticraft for me is a space station (theyre frikken cool)

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
hmmmm you do have a point there. I might not add Enviromine, however, I'd like to add that mod that adds tents, however, I feel that even that will be pointless once you exit the first pocket dimention, do to the fact that you would have a warp book at that point. As for the hard core trend, I like what the HQM can do, and I want to do something similar to a sky block, but not a sky block. the pocket dimention would be perfect for that as well. What are your thoughts on adding Galacticraft? I feel it would follow the theme of exploration quite well, and would justify adding the other mods focused on automation quite nicely.

With the hardcore trend I don't mean HQM (deserves to be in every great pack), I mean Enviromine, Spice of Life and Hungeroverhaul.
Galacticraft is fine on my opinion, your pack is exploration themed!
I also think it would be better if you use less technic themed mods (only one e-net, RF for example) and Thaumcraft.
Make the player unlock new MystCraft pages by technic or magic progression!
A other mod that woul be useful is Archimides' Ships, because it makes traveling easier.
On my opinion a modpack is not about trowing cool mods together, its about installing fitting
mods. If you go with Galacticraft you could use Mekanism instead of all other RF mods.

But the most important thing is YOUR opinion, you must like the pack and if you like it its good!
Play around with the various mods to see what fits your imagination of the pack.

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Its used in dream craft so you might be able to add it, plus if you want you could edit it to require oxygen from mekanism another cool mod, I always loved that space mod and the only appeal of galacticraft for me is a space station (theyre frikken cool)

The WarpDrive mod is compatible with TE in the new beta builds for 1.6, but the space dimension isn't very interesting for exploration,
its for gigantic spaceships! But the permissions for WarpDrive and WaarpDriveCore are also pretty easy to get ;)

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
If you made the pack without the starship mod would I have your permission to make an edited version with the starship mod and without galacticraft?

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
If you made the pack without the starship mod would I have your permission to make an edited version with the starship mod and without galacticraft?
Sure! I wouldn't mind at all really, however, it would probably mess with the progression quite a bit, but I'm always up for modifying mods/packs etc

Last edited:

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
With the hardcore trend I don't mean HQM (deserves to be in every great pack), I mean Enviromine, Spice of Life and Hungeroverhaul.
Galacticraft is fine on my opinion, your pack is exploration themed!
I also think it would be better if you use less technic themed mods (only one e-net, RF for example) and Thaumcraft.
Make the player unlock new MystCraft pages by technic or magic progression!
A other mod that woul be useful is Archimides' Ships, because it makes traveling easier.
On my opinion a modpack is not about trowing cool mods together, its about installing fitting
mods. If you go with Galacticraft you could use Mekanism instead of all other RF mods.

But the most important thing is YOUR opinion, you must like the pack and if you like it its good!
Play around with the various mods to see what fits your imagination of the pack.

I'm not familiar with Mekanism and well, I love pam's harvestcraft, and without hunger overhaul and spice of life, it's kinda pointless to add. Also I was thinking about adding Archimides' Ships anyway. One of the main reasons I want to include the industrial mods is because I love industrial mods for minecraft, and I like the idea of actually giving a reason to use both magic and machinery in a mod pack. As for Thaumcraft, I'm not a big fan of it to be quite honest, however ars magika and blood magic are pretty cool in my opinion. all that being said, I do agree with you on the mind-set of "make a pack that all fits together" rather than "look at all these cool mods" and my goal is to make a mod pack that all fits together and makes sense. That being said, I also want to add mods that will help encourage players to advance through them, and not just "i have to for this quest" so, an industrial mod that makes it easier to advance in a magical mod that makes it easier to advance in an industrial mod so you can explore to gather more resources for a magical mod to make it so you can advance in an industrial mod, etc. That kind of thing really. and again, I do appreciate the input, seeing things from another point of view will really help me make this a solid mod-pack, and it helps me see what kind of people are interested, and based off of that, make the necessary changes to get the feel that I want for the kinds of people I want if that makes any sense.

Reactions: Erik3003

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
alright, so later on today, I'll be submitting the core of this pack and building an alpha build of the pack, if it get's approved (which if I understand correctly most likely will) I'd love your feed back on it Alright so I'll be working on the quest lines and such for the next quite some time (untill I'm satisfied with how it all flows) then I'll submit it

Last edited: