[1.6.4] InfiTech Modpack [GregTech/Galacticraft hard-mode modpack] - DISCONTINUED

arufino32

Jul 29, 2019
Just starting eletronics age and I'm having lots of fun with the pack.
Odd enough, silver seams to be rarer than gold...

Was Sulfur Ore distribution tweaked somehow? It looks normal in the configs, but I cannot find any at all (should be spammy around lava normally with railcraft)

Workaround is sturdy-grindering Galena Ore with 5% chance of sulfur for now. (NOTE to others: This recipe is NOT in the NEI)

Too bad Galena Ore is pretty limited too :p

The recipes of the sturdy grinder are the same as the Universal Macerator, but they have their probabilities halved. And did you know you can actually grind your crushed ores again to double the chance of byproducts?

Just a small question for Jason McRay:
Is it really intended that you can craft the quartz grind stone? I've been using it a lot and it seems extremely overpowered.

Keep up the good work.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you are having fun...

Silver is not generating, silver is only "made" from galena (i think) or as "byproduct" of grinding certain ores.

About grind stone... Since ore generation of IC2 ores is lowered to 75% of normal i think its good to have something for early double-processing. And you NEED to do the grinding manually.

but if you still feel its too much Overpowered, you can go to AppliedEnergistics.cfg in your config folder and just delete names of the ores what can be processed in grindstone
Code:
####################
# grindstone
####################

grindstone {
    S:grindableOres <
        Obsidian
        EnderPearl
        Coal
        Iron
        Gold
        Invar
        Aluminium
        Electrum
        Charcoal
        Copper
        Tin
        Silver
        Lead
        Bronze
        Brass
        Platinum
        Nickel
    >
}
Just delete everything in the range < > (Obsidian, EnderPearl, etc....), Leave < and > symbols intact or it will cause a crash. note that it will get overwritten in each update, so you will need to delete these lines again. Thats the only way how to properly disable it. You will be still able to craft it, but it will have no use.

I carry no responsibility on any damage caused to your world save if you do so.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just starting eletronics age and I'm having lots of fun with the pack.
Odd enough, silver seams to be rarer than gold...
I've never found silver. At all. I'm guessing its biome dependant, and I've been very unlucky in my exploration.

In the meantime, I'm working hard towards being able to get silver dust as byproducts via electrolyzation.

The recipes of the sturdy grinder are the same as the Universal Macerator, but they have their probabilities halved. And did you know you can actually grind your crushed ores again to double the chance of byproducts?
Yeah that's handy. I tend to use the regular macerator for to get crushed ores these days, and then throw that through the sturdy grinder. That way I have ore-doubling plus a chance at by products.

Is it really intended that you can craft the quartz grind stone? I've been using it a lot and it seems extremely overpowered.
I abused the hell out of it too.

In a perfect world, they'd replace the hand-cranking with a "10-total-uses" mechanism or something, so you'd at least have to keep getting the resources to rebuild it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little warning, there is a bug with EnderIO and GC when used together.
1) When you are using eIO conduits to power GC machines, the machines will accept unlimited amount of energy (aka will drain energy all the time)
2) When you are using eIO conduits to get power out from GC power gen machines, again the power if it cant go anywhere will be lost.

So for the best results use Aluminium Wires to connect your Galacticraft machines

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2.1.3
- Updated Extra Cells to 1.6.9d
- UpdatedGalacticraft (all 3 modules) to 2.0.13.1080
- UpdatedJabba to 1.1.4
- UpdatedOpenEye to 0.6
- Added Bibliowoods [ExtraBiomesXL]
- Added Statues
- Added Hats
- Added PneumaticCraft
- Added more ores to IC2 Miner whitelist - Ores like from GT
- Water is no longer infinite with sourceblocks - Before you will start complaining, there are still ways to create infinite water with machines
- Recipes in PneumaticCraft tweaked - For example to make drones, you actually need to visit Mars
- Changed Recipe for EnderIO capacitors (Basic and Dual-layered) - Balancing with finite water
- NEI in utility mode by default after each update - Because some of my developers were complaining
- Yellorite ore inside SAGMill will produce Yellorium dust instead of Uranium Dust - Since in BigReactors config Yellorium and Uranium are separate, EnderIO was kinda unaware of this
- Electrical Steel can't be made with AE Silicon. EnderIO silicon is needed. - Its a different silicon, made completely differently with different materials
- Conduit probe can't be made with AE Silicon. EnderIO silicon is needed. - Its a different silicon, made completely differently with different materials
- Powered light can't be made with AE Silicon. EnderIO silicon is needed. - Its a different silicon, made completely differently with different materials
- EnderIO Alloy Smelter will no longer work as regular furance, to prevent exploits. - Not gonna say which exploits were in there, but there were few

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Update 2.1.3

- Added PneumaticCraft
Excited to learn about this mod finally.

Update 2.1.3
- Added Hats
Hope it won't cause problems if I remove this; I hate this mod with violence.

Update 2.1.3
- Water is no longer infinite with sourceblocks
Noticed this right away on my own. Infinite water is cheesy, but so is magically draining an ocean with tiny machines during a steam age.

Can you think of a clever recipe for slime balls? I may try to minetweak it in myself; modpacks without slimeball recipes are silly. (Bees don't count :p)

Awesome modpack; I'm still having a ton of fun with it. It feels really oldschool but with some modern toys to play with, and I love it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hope it won't cause problems if I remove this; I hate this mod with violence.

You can disable most of the non-gameplay affecting mods like hats, Statues. If you are not sure if you can disable something, just look into minetweaqker aliases.cfg config file and mostly if the mod is listed in there, you cant disable it :)

Noticed this right away on my own. Infinite water is cheesy, but so is magically draining an ocean with tiny machines during a steam age.
Limited water will be the main feature of all three modpacks from me (whoops yea... i am making two more - spoiler :p)

Can you think of a clever recipe for slime balls? I may try to minetweak it in myself; modpacks without slimeball recipes are silly. (Bees don't count :p)
Hmm.... Its hard because there is no slimy substance... maybe rubber+ something in chemical reactor

Awesome modpack; I'm still having a ton of fun with it. It feels really oldschool but with some modern toys to play with, and I love it.

Thank you very much. Its nice to see someone enjoying this modpack :)

Reactions: Pyure

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
What about oil cell in a Compressor (or Extractor)? :)

Also, slimeballs are easy to get with pneumaticraft. Just plant some slime plants around your house.

Silver - it's intended to be hard to get in GT. You can either process Galena, or grind Lead or Tungstate in an Industrial Grinder. Note that when using mercury instead of water you get 4 times as much silver.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Glad you are having fun...

Silver is not generating, silver is only "made" from galena (i think) or as "byproduct" of grinding certain ores.
Reading wikis last night, I think you can also get it via "Argentia", an IC2 crop.

Finally got an industrial blast furnace last night, however. 2 Galena = 1 Lead + 1 Silver now, yay (+ other byproducts as you go through the whole chain)

Minor suggestions:
1) Basic Machine Box (or whatever its called, which you get with 8 iron plates surrounding one wrench) should have a slightly cheaper recipe in the assembly table, shouldn't it? There's no reason to do that otherwise. Even just a 7-plate recipe, although that may cause some sort of unforeseen exploit (for instance if it can be macerated back into 8 dusts; I have no idea)
2) Disregard my earlier concerns about slime creation; your addition of pneumaticcraft removes the problem
3) Are drones intended to be a late-game toy? I'd like to see them used before I can make a quarry, as they're "really cool" but not as beneficial to me as a simple quarry.[DOUBLEPOST=1404220336][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about oil cell in a Compressor (or Extractor)? :)

Also, slimeballs are easy to get with pneumaticraft. Just plant some slime plants around your house.
Just read this after my own post, oops.

Yeah, some investigation into pneumaticcraft highlighted the slime seeds. I now have several stacks of the stuff...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Minor suggestions:
1) Basic Machine Box (or whatever its called, which you get with 8 iron plates surrounding one wrench) should have a slightly cheaper recipe in the assembly table, shouldn't it? There's no reason to do that otherwise. Even just a 7-plate recipe, although that may cause some sort of unforeseen exploit (for instance if it can be macerated back into 8 dusts; I have no idea)
2) Disregard my earlier concerns about slime creation; your addition of pneumaticcraft removes the problem
3) Are drones intended to be a late-game toy? I'd like to see them used before I can make a quarry, as they're "really cool" but not as beneficial to me as a simple quarry.

1) It will cause exploits. Also... with similiar thing in mind: Why I would make Pickaxe head and put it into Assembly table with a stick if I can do exactly the same in one go in crafting table. :) If assembly machine should have cheaper recipes, it would have been added by Greg (as you may noticed i havent changed single recipe or processing inside GT itself, so I will stick with that)
2) Nice
3) Drones are powerfull toys. You can use them for pretty much anything (from mining, farming to building stuff, transporting items). Quarry has only one purpose and thats to make big holes. So yes, Drones are supposed to be late-game toys.

Now question is: Since nether portals allows entities to go through, how it will work with Drones? Nifty Lava transport from nether perhaps? (testing required) :D
Of course you will probably not use that even if it will work, since you will be far more advanced already for use Lava as power source, but who knows... maybe selling lava to other players on server? :p

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
1) It will cause exploits. Also... with similiar thing in mind: Why I would make Pickaxe head and put it into Assembly table with a stick if I can do exactly the same in one go in crafting table. :) If assembly machine should have cheaper recipes, it would have been added by Greg (as you may noticed i havent changed single recipe or processing inside GT itself, so I will stick with that)
2) Nice
3) Drones are powerfull toys. You can use them for pretty much anything (from mining, farming to building stuff, transporting items). Quarry has only one purpose and thats to make big holes. So yes, Drones are supposed to be late-game toys.

Now question is: Since nether portals allows entities to go through, how it will work with Drones? Nifty Lava transport from nether perhaps? (testing required) :D
Of course you will probably not use that even if it will work, since you will be far more advanced already for use Lava as power source, but who knows... maybe selling lava to other players on server? :p
1) Agreed about exploits. I suspect I can minetweak this myself to add a 7-plate recipe and remove any maceration recipes if you really dislike the idea.

The machine itself is theoretically supposed to provide cheaper (or at least alternative) recipes (which is why I make all my circuits in one)
The Assembling Machine is a Machine added by GregTech which grew out of an idea for a machine providing alternative, cheaper recipes for things such as Electronic Circuits, Advanced Circuits, and other electronic components.
{FTBWIKI}

3) I still worry that by the time you can use drones, you'll no longer need them. The examples you provided are primarily resource-gathering and logistical: they will already have been taken care of by other mechanisms, with the possible exception of building-construction. I wonder if drones should be earlier-game, but with some programmability pushed back later tier. I'd hate to see them lose exposure to players by virtue of their decreasing value.

rxiv

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2.1.3
- Updated Extra Cells to 1.6.9d
- UpdatedGalacticraft (all 3 modules) to 2.0.13.1080
- UpdatedJabba to 1.1.4
- UpdatedOpenEye to 0.6
- Added Bibliowoods [ExtraBiomesXL]
- Added Statues
- Added Hats
- Added PneumaticCraft
- Water is no longer infinite with sourceblocks - Before you will start complaining, there are still ways to create infinite water with machines

Really enjoying the pack. First time playing Gregtech though. For reference though, I play a lot of BTW and TFC, so GT isn't bad at all. Having not played with GT before, I wanted to see how it worked in a developed pack before I messed around with it in my own packs.

Nice update except for the water :p - I like the addition of PneumaticCraft. I've wanted to try it out but hadn't gotten to it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
1) Agreed about exploits. I suspect I can minetweak this myself to add a 7-plate recipe and remove any maceration recipes if you really dislike the idea.

The machine itself is theoretically supposed to provide cheaper (or at least alternative) recipes (which is why I make all my circuits in one)
{FTBWIKI}

3) I still worry that by the time you can use drones, you'll no longer need them. The examples you provided are primarily resource-gathering and logistical: they will already have been taken care of by other mechanisms, with the possible exception of building-construction. I wonder if drones should be earlier-game, but with some programmability pushed back later tier. I'd hate to see them lose exposure to players by virtue of their decreasing value.
Assembling Machine: What could be done with the Basic Machine Box in AM is as you said. Have it require only 7 plates in AM. For reverse crafting this would need to be tweaked a little bit, so I would end up with probably 4-6 iron given back. Removing Macerator recipes I will probably never do in default pack, since having a way for un-crafting machines you no longer need is quite realistic.

Drones: I maybe came up with some recipes for the puzzle pieces, but... One of the two main reasons of me changing drone recipe is to have players to actually want to visit Mars to get desh for the drone. There isnt much reason why you would want to go to Mars/Moon (except just for fun and exploration). So i wanted to add a reason to go there.

One of my testers (AiwendilCiunio) found out something I totally overlooked. But I will leave it like that. For Magic Energy Convertor (or whatever is its name) you also need to go to Mars, because beacons require Desh.

So what I can really do and can do about drones: Lowere the cost of the drone itself to require Meteoric Iron (Moon) and make puzzle pieces little bit more expensive (for example DIG will require shovel, pick, axe (not yet sure of which material) + plastics and circuit board). If you have any other ideas feel free to share them.

For example i can also make the Drone require to be made in Assembling Machine or something along these lines.

Really enjoying the pack. First time playing Gregtech though. For reference though, I play a lot of BTW and TFC, so GT isn't bad at all. Having not played with GT before, I wanted to see how it worked in a developed pack before I messed around with it in my own packs.

Nice update except for the water :p - I like the addition of PneumaticCraft. I've wanted to try it out but hadn't gotten to it.

Hehe... Well water is not that hard to get still infinite. After you are set-up with good basics, you will be able to generate lot of water.
BTW: its not really good idea to start inside big desert :)

arufino32

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an idea I had for a cheap and easy way of early-game power:
  1. Vanilla cactus farm with water streams leading into hoppers;
  2. Cactus into coke oven for cactus charcoal;
  3. Cactus charcoal into Generator/Steam Boiler;
  4. Creosote oil for rails, excess burned in Semifluid Generator/Bio-engine.
I thought about this after I noticed refinerys were significcantly more expensive and so are treefarms.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Well to use EnderIO reservoir you need to have some basic stuff made (bronze machines, steel, steam, water) to be able to make it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well to use EnderIO reservoir you need to have some basic stuff made (bronze machines, steel, steam, water) to be able to make it.

True. But for many players its going to be better than trying to find slimes.

My entire (absolutely massive) continent has no slime biomes. And you need to kill at least one slime to get the pneumaticcraft route going. As a result it took me many hours of gameplay just to get a slime seed (and my bronze-age was already well in place at this point, pumping water from a river)