[1.6.4] InfiTech Modpack [GregTech/Galacticraft hard-mode modpack] - DISCONTINUED

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thats from galacticraft. A lot has been changed in GC and one of the things is this sort of "book" which will probably be a guidebook for Galacticraft. You can ignore that error..

in short... its a debug item, not obtainable ingame (yet)

Zacki06

Jul 29, 2019
Ah okay, I was already wondering what that book is, but until now I did not use GalaxyCraft stuff.
May I ask when you will implement new mods? I was thinking of some more stuff that I kind of miss from Ultimate Pack, but I don't know if I need to start a fresh world then.

Like Enderbags or Enderpouches, not quite sure just know, have to take a look.
Or the one I mentioned earlier.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ender-stuff will not be in pack... if i wanted some of these, i would get EnderStorage. It would make few things easier (like easy transport of stuff between quarry and your base, and thats what i dont want to have, i want ppl to be creative in ways of transporting items.).

About the mods you meantioned eariler. There is no point in adding client aesthetic mods to the pack, since ppl have different preferences... You can add these client side mods by yourself.

Zacki06

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I was thinking that you see it this way. Thats okay for me and I'm fine with it.
I also don't know if the mod I meant just contains those bags or more.

The bags would just be a way of increasing inventory-size alot because you could have differently colored bags. But I am fine with it if you do not want to implement ender-stuff at all.

Zacki06

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, yes just found it again. I had them in the Ultimate Pack aswell and yeah...they are limited certain stuff. Thats why I actually did not really use them, just at the begining of my map.
So no chance of getting those enderbags?^^

Jesp1999

Jul 29, 2019
It says rolling machine is disabled but like, how da heck do i make coils? Like cupronickel, kanthal, or nichrome, unless there was an update it looked like they needed the rolling machine to craft. And can you change the darned ferrous and shiny to say nickel and platinum? The false names drive me and some others nuts xD But im so tryin this pack out soon, finally a gregtech pack for later than 1.5!!

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
To make coils you use Wiremill from gregtech. Cupronickel, kanthal and nichrome are all alloys made with needed materials in Alloy Smelter.

Nickel (Ferrous) and Platinum (Shiny), i will take a look into it and will force the correct unification.
Thanks for reporting that.

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... I am currently looking into the Ferrous and Shiny, but its not happening. Have you tried it, or was that only assumption that it will be named like that?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe... thats Mapwritter, which comes together with opis. To set waypoints you use [insert] key or bring up the map (you will probably need to fix the keybind conflict for mapwritter) and click on the spot you want to make a waypoint.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Question #2, does the pack have any way to capture animals (aside from vanilla walk 4000 miles with a piece of wheat etc)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There might be a way or two... but dont expect me telling you all :) The part of fun is discovery :)
You don't know either huh? :p

Found something in vanilla actually, a "lead", which is a minor step up from walking-with-wheat at least. No lassos or safari nets unfortunately.
I can't think of any other mob-capturing devices off the top of my head alas.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
There is no mob capturing item/tool.... but there is a way how to teleport entities from place A to B

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well I'm still with the pack today; three days in a row is nearly a record for me on a third party pack.

I strongly suspect this is outside of your ability/access, but are you able to make the NEI respect the sturdy grinder recipes? (I actually hear the grinder may be deprecated in a newer version of the mod so this may be a waste of time)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed... This is outside of my abilities. I haven't tried the 1.7 version of GT yet, but i think its fine in newest versions of GT. If I was able to write mods, I would make an little NEI addon for this, but I am unfortunately not, so... :(

edit: For some reason this important part was deleted (stupid iPhone): I am glad you are enjoying the modpack :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Was Sulfur Ore distribution tweaked somehow? It looks normal in the configs, but I cannot find any at all (should be spammy around lava normally with railcraft)

Workaround is sturdy-grindering Galena Ore with 5% chance of sulfur for now. (NOTE to others: This recipe is NOT in the NEI)

Too bad Galena Ore is pretty limited too :p