[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
FTBlauncher is better IMO. Some of the Packs on the ATlauncher require you to download from other sites which increases the chance of infections.

Now before I say this, I like both Launchers Mainly because there are packs on both that I play.

The ATLauncher uses 9 Severs for pack downloads, and FTB has 10. I'm not sure what your talking about other sites? If you mean that it opens a window "Some times" while installing a pack, that would be a mod that has no modpack permissions, but can be used if you get it from the mod creator. This is a good feature, because it points you to a mod without having to hunt for it. Again, like both, just saying.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Now before I say this, I like both Launchers Mainly because there are packs on both that I play.

The ATLauncher uses 9 Severs for pack downloads, and FTB has 10. I'm not sure what your talking about other sites? If you mean that it opens a window "Some times" while installing a pack, that would be a mod that has no modpack permissions, but can be used if you get it from the mod creator. This is a good feature, because it points you to a mod without having to hunt for it. Again, like both, just saying.
Which means FTB only uses mods they have gotten permission to use. :) Also the redirect is a site that runs off of giving allot pf confusing options to download to make sure new people download the wrong files and get more "stuff" on the pc's' then needed.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Also the redirect is a site that runs off of giving allot pf confusing options to download to make sure new people download the wrong files and get more "stuff" on the pc's' then needed.
Wrong wrong wrong. It's giving out that kind of misleading information that is why we can't have nice things.

Why do you intentionally spread misinformation and lies?

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Which means FTB only uses mods they have gotten permission to use. :) Also the redirect is a site that runs off of giving allot pf confusing options to download to make sure new people download the wrong files and get more "stuff" on the pc's' then needed.

Limiting mod packs to only use mods that give permission leaves out HUNDREDS of other mods. Atlauncher follows the guidelines that certain mods can be put in personal pack, but have to downloaded from the mod devs site of choice. This allows for more pack choices to be shared while respecting the mod devs., and having the launcher point to the download, instead of hunting for it saves time.

I also don't understand what you mean by "Also the redirect" I have used the AtLauncher for a long time, and have never been redirected to anything. Unless your talking about the mods list that pops up when installing that allows you to pick recommended mods, and additional ones. If so the FTB launcher has that same feature, however you have to install the pack first, close it, the click on edit mods.

As stated, I like both, I am just confused as to you say it redirects you to bad sites. If it is doing that I would like to know/a better description so I can safe guard myself. But since I have been using it for a few years now, and never had 1 issue I just can't figure out what your talking about.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Wrong wrong wrong. It's giving out that kind of misleading information that is why we can't have nice things.

Why do you intentionally spread misinformation and lies?

I agree with you on that:) I would also like to add, I am not in any way trying to tell people to not use FTB over AT, I just don't like when people say something without proof, or better info to back up there statement. I would/and have said the same thing on the AT forums(defended FTB) from a similar post. I don't know if both launcher teams know each other/don't get along, or just never talked, but I have always said "As good as both of them are, I wonder what they could do if they joined forces and merged the two"! I know that will never happen, just wishful thinking. Course I have said that about Xbox, PlayStation, & Nintendo to make one system to rule them all.lol

SkyBlade79

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having a glitch. The exploding iron quest will not let me submit my task. I got the tnt from the city, and completed step one, but there is no option to complete step 2. Here are screenies:

1zbcga0.jpg

29z920m.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
have you tried Crafting the tnt rather than using stuff you find in city? The book is saying you don't have any "valid" TNT, which would make sense if that's set up as a crafting quest.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, that is a crafting quest. You have to make the TNT, not just pick it up somewhere.

Digirod

Jul 29, 2019
Very good mod. My very long run got ended when I got attacked by a BABY theif skeleton outside of my base, and I was pretty sure that I my shell constructor was ready. Does it not work when you have hqm enabled or something?

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Very good mod. My very long run got ended when I got attacked by a BABY theif skeleton outside of my base, and I was pretty sure that I my shell constructor was ready. Does it not work when you have hqm enabled or something?
Did you make sure to check your clone was 100% constructed before dying?

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack. Very brutal... :p The one thing that I'm having a problem with is the render distance of dropped items. Early on it's pretty essential to go and pick up the skeleton and zombie drops after the sun has come up. However its seems like you have to be pretty damn close to see them. Is it supposed to be like this (as in is the game specifically supposed to be played this way, or is this just part of the default settings)? If it's not a specific feature/challenge, then is there any way to increase it? I tried playing with optifine, but that didn't seem to do it.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack. Very brutal... :p The one thing that I'm having a problem with is the render distance of dropped items. Early on it's pretty essential to go and pick up the skeleton and zombie drops after the sun has come up. However its seems like you have to be pretty damn close to see them. Is it supposed to be like this (as in is the game specifically supposed to be played this way, or is this just part of the default settings)? If it's not a specific feature/challenge, then is there any way to increase it? I tried playing with optifine, but that didn't seem to do it.

There was some sort of mod that does let you increase your field of vision but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. It's buried somewhere here in the 400+ pages though.:p

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Increasing your field of vision doesn't necessarily also increase your view distance though. Increasing your FoV just increases how far to the sides you can see (your peripheral vision).

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019

Search FTW!
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-1-1-x-beta-stable.46277/page-302#post-758252