[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Getalifegamer

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, well. Some silly reasons having nothing to do with "needing" the eggs.
1) I thought it might be a fun addition
2) my triplets like chickens
3) man cannot live by tofu alone :)

So, yeah, I know it's not needed, but I wanted to try.
Well said. I can't see why if would cause infant chicken suicide, perhaps remake in a creative world see if the same happens? Maybe something got patched, as I remember GenericB using something similar a while ago. If that fails, MFR breeder would work.
Happy Gaming

Reactions: GinkerFilbin

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019

I suggest putting chickens in a 1x1x1 spot with them sitting on a water source block, and a hopper underneath the water source block. That way the chickens cannot move at all. If you give the chickens a 5x5 space to move around, they are more likely to glitch and/or drown from water pushing them around.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
How do I get plastic seeds of new colors (such as dark blue)? Till dirtgrass forever?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
How do I get plastic seeds of new colors (such as dark blue)? Till dirtgrass forever?

In addition to what @Getalifegamer said you can scavenge the cities(PC buildings) for a great number of the seeds.

On an unrelated note. Been manually making and sifting soul sand. Done over a stack now. Got 3 bits of crushed cobalt ore and not a single bit of netherwart.

RNGod why doest thou forsake me?!

Reactions: Getalifegamer

Getalifegamer

Jul 29, 2019
In addition to what @Getalifegamer said you can scavenge the cities(PC buildings) for a great number of the seeds.

On an unrelated note. Been manually making and sifting soul sand. Done over a stack now. Got 3 bits of crushed cobalt ore and not a single bit of netherwart.

RNGod why doest thou forsake me?!
Yeah That sucks, Landstryder does a good automatic setup for soul sand if you are interested. Can't help with the RNG but you can at least take the manual out of the process.

Happy gaming.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah That sucks, Landstryder does a good automatic setup for soul sand if you are interested. Can't help with the RNG but you can at least take the manual out of the process.

Happy gaming.

Yeah I will later not hard to setup I just didn't want to until I had automatic water :p

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest putting chickens in a 1x1x1 spot with them sitting on a water source block, and a hopper underneath the water source block. That way the chickens cannot move at all. If you give the chickens a 5x5 space to move around, they are more likely to glitch and/or drown from water pushing them around.
my experience has always been exactly the opposite. i always make my egg farms 2 wide and as long as they need to be so every chicken has a unique 1x1 of space above a water source block. never really had much issues so long as i've done it this way.

Darva

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a problem with the Aerial Interface in Pneumaticraft 1.4.1f? I cannot get it to believe that I'm on the server. (1.4.1f is the version in Crash Landing 1.1.2.1)
0hyv82K.png

Last edited:

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
So what do you do if all the quests are completed? The first quest line just shows not completed because the explanatory book is blinking. How do you complete that? Or is this left like that because we getting more quests?

Believe that quest was supposed to be removed or something.

Have you thought of the industrial style? I use this method until I get a rancher so I can go free range chicken farm. GenerikB shows it on his Agrarian Skies series. You get a hopper to a chest. Wall up the hopper two to three high. Hatch the eggs in the cage and all the eggs they now lay will fill the chest. Very compact and mat friendly.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

a long while ago, I made a chicken farm that created lots of eggs. iirc, I got the 'plan' for it right from minecraft.gamepedia. All vanilla, but I'm sure you could improve on it. something like signs below water, adult chickens constantly float above that water, enclose the thing, eggs roll down, cross a string/trap thing which starts a redstone timer to launch subsequent egg onto wall via dispenser. That you could replace with your simple storage or what not. was pretty laggy, and required water, so you have that.

GinkerFilbin

Jul 29, 2019
Have you thought of the industrial style? I use this method until I get a rancher so I can go free range chicken farm. GenerikB shows it on his Agrarian Skies series. You get a hopper to a chest. Wall up the hopper two to three high. Hatch the eggs in the cage and all the eggs they now lay will fill the chest. Very compact and mat friendly.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah I will later not hard to setup I just didn't want to until I had automatic water :p
I had setup my sfm auto sieve process with some activators with hammers directly behind them on a different small sfm system. the output from the activators/hammers got put into a row of 4 chests next to the cobble used for the cobble->gravel. I had a lever under each barrel to choose which one to pound.

forward from that I had levers about 3-4 blocks away that tied into each of those barrels (cept cobble). Those directed sfm to move a bunch of whatever that barrel was to the single barrel feeding the sieves. that way I can load up 500 or so of whatever into sieve process, start it, finish it, do a different thing. nothing running 24x7 since that sieve dropped my FPS about 20 while running.

When I had water going, I added about 4-6 sludge boilers alongside 15-16 soul sand production which pipes into that barrel I added above. when I have a good amount of soul sand, I flip a lever, it gets moved to sieve, etc... It is a pretty expandable system. If I wanted to do dirt for example, I could just stick a couple stacks of dirt in that one barrel and then hit the switch, no configuration needed for onesie twosie things.

Reactions: ScottieC

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I had setup my sfm auto sieve process with some activators with hammers directly behind them on a different small sfm system. the output from the activators/hammers got put into a row of 4 chests next to the cobble used for the cobble->gravel. I had a lever under each barrel to choose which one to pound.

forward from that I had levers about 3-4 blocks away that tied into each of those barrels (cept cobble). Those directed sfm to move a bunch of whatever that barrel was to the single barrel feeding the sieves. that way I can load up 500 or so of whatever into sieve process, start it, finish it, do a different thing. nothing running 24x7 since that sieve dropped my FPS about 20 while running.

When I had water going, I added about 4-6 sludge boilers alongside 15-16 soul sand production which pipes into that barrel I added above. when I have a good amount of soul sand, I flip a lever, it gets moved to sieve, etc... It is a pretty expandable system. If I wanted to do dirt for example, I could just stick a couple stacks of dirt in that one barrel and then hit the switch, no configuration needed for onesie twosie things.

Haha that's a build for a bit later on though. Just did build a havester/planter/boiler combo because I was tired of making soul sand with water.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a realy obvious thing I didn't know about or if it's something new but if you use a watering can on grass then every now and then it spawns a wild Pams plant

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I don't know if this is a realy obvious thing I didn't know about or if it's something new but if you use a watering can on grass then every now and then it spawns a wild Pams plant

Yea it works like a slow bonemeal so you'll get the occasional flower/tall grass as well.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a problem with the Aerial Interface in Pneumaticraft 1.4.1f? I cannot get it to believe that I'm on the server. (1.4.1f is the version in Crash Landing 1.1.2.1)
0hyv82K.png
Mine says that to but it works anyway. I think it's a glitch.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Haha that's a build for a bit later on though. Just did build a havester/planter/boiler combo because I was tired of making soul sand with water.
I guess the point I was making was that it was expandable. started with one sieve but left room for much more, only setup one barrel, room for more, etc. I like to build things that expand out while I obtain more resources, etc..