[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Nexestfatum

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, need some help. Trying to join a server with some friends, but when I'm in, I spawn outside the ship, and when my friend does /hqm quest I get the quest book, but I can't open it. Tried this again on my own server and still can't open it. I spawn outside the ship with a couple of books, if that means something.

I have a similar problem now. I was playing in creative in the deep dark after my last world death. Well I got so far from the entrance portal I just put down a new portal and clicked it. The result on all new worlds is a spawn halfway between the ship and the city with the tinkers and openblocks books. Do not remember if i had a quest book.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I've never experienced this. I've had the seeds destroy ducts, converyors, and microblocks (basically anything not a full block) but never dust or anything else.

Yeah, I usually forget to remove the top couple rows of dust in the shaft above my mob grinder/spikes/whatever and those two layers always end up getting blown away---including the MFR conveyors on them---if I don't make them out of something harder than dust.

It could be dust at the bottom getting destroyed too, of course, but either way it is creeper seeds blowing it up. Isn't anything else in there making explosions.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I think, HQM enable. After the last patch i tried like a kid fixing a helicopter, a instant of pure insanity T T.

In the save folder for the world it's occurring on delete the CoroUtilQuests and Hardcore Questing folders. See if that fixes it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Do any of you know how to get dirt faster than by shearing leaves

Three ways I know of to get dirt of the top of my head.

1. Compost stuff in Ex Nihilo Barrels.
2. Ender Quarry
3. Sludge Boiler

Early on you'll get almost all of your dirt from composting leaves, saplings, zombie flesh, string, etc. After you get a mob grinder going the zombie flesh/string will be quite a bit of dirt, more than enough to keep you in water. After that I'd go with an MFR jungle tree farm+sludge boiler. Compost all of the vines/extra saplings. Along with the dirt from the sludge boiler you can fill a barrel in real world day of gameplay.

This treefarm/sludge boiler filled a barrel in less than a real world day of gameplay.
4D3KqfX.jpg
Which I then used for the grounds between the base and the dust barrier. I might be going a bit overboard on the dark glass. :)
VW87egS.jpg

Last edited:

SmartDnkey

Jul 29, 2019
I have all the components to complete the assembling circuit boards quest but the quest says me I'm missing two components, anyone knows if i have to do something especial or what?

Thanks

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Is TiCo upgrade system disabled? Silky emerald with scythe does not do anything. How do I enchant tools then?

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
It applies to special mobs. It doesn't apply to pneumaticraft creeper seeds, which aren't mobs.

Any creeper has a chance of dropping one of these seeds when it dies. These seeds are weaker than tiny TNT but they will remove dust blocks they're in contact with when they explode. If you're working on that side of the shuttle overnight a lot of creepers will die in the pyrotheum if it isn't blocked up, producing lots of pneumaticraft creeper seed explostions.

This is why mob trap kill rooms have to be built sturdy, even with mobGriefing set to false.

This is why you hear explosions all the time around a mob trap even when you know the mobs aren't fighting themselves.
interesting, good to know. i can't imagine why a mob grinder would be needed on this map (i get more mob drops than i could ever use with my trench), but if i ever build one it'll definitely be made out of obsidian.

Getalifegamer

Jul 29, 2019
interesting, good to know. i can't imagine why a mob grinder would be needed on this map (i get more mob drops than i could ever use with my trench), but if i ever build one it'll definitely be made out of obsidian.
Hey, other than being a quest, mob grinders are useful paired with auto spawners and safari nets for things like Endermen; Enderpearls. Cursed Endermen; glistening melon (for potions)
Another positive being, you don't have to go in to the trench :) either way enjoy the pack. :)

PixelSpark

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so im trying to start the modpack and it keeps crashing. im new to ftb and all of this so it be awesome if i could get some help... Please? Heres a crash report

Attachments

• crash-2014-09-13_13.25.27-client.txt
    16 KB · Views: 64

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I build a mob grinder just as soon as I have an automatic cobblestone generator. Even if it's just a dark room where I can walk up and stab their feet, still better than continuing to use trenches. Get more enderpearls that's for sure. Then as soon as I can make punji sticks and fans and one vac hopper, I got a fully automated mob grinder. Then much later on upgrade it to use a MFR grinder.

Getalifegamer

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, will do, but if that doesnt work... What should i do?
Hey, once you increase the allocation it should be ok, if not just do the basics of reinstalling the pack and updating Java etc. it's usually fairly straight forward to get this pack to work but if you are still having issues after all that, post back on here, I'm sure someone can help you :)

Reactions: PixelSpark